collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TRU: MLP 30% in Canada  (Read 1043 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
TRU: MLP 30% in Canada
« on: September 08, 2012, 07:52:03 AM »
Check out your local TRU, Canadians!  On top of being shipped Zecora, there is also a 30% off all My Little Pony products.  This means blind bags are only $2.77!  Plus the castle and train cars will be affordable.

The sale's only on until the 14th, though...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:24:55 PM by hathorcat »
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
Re: TRU: MLP 30% in Canada
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 08:03:49 AM »
Wow, that is great! :) Thanks for sharing!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 01:50:49 PM »
Awesome! And with you guys now getting Zecora hopefully that will help people track down some bargains.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline sillymoosey

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »
I was very excited about that too! I randomly looked at TRU.ca today, because I check every couple of days and I was so excited to see Zecora for the very first time! And on sale on top of everything! The castle is down from 39.99$ to 27.97$ (my daughter wants it for Christmas so I can get some shopping done already!).

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 04:22:01 PM »
Ooh, I'll have to get off the couch and head to TRU tomorrow.  Thanks for the heads up!

Elf

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 05:28:25 PM »
Nuuu, I am sooo broooke ;.; I hope Zecora is still at least the in two weeks, sale or no.

Offline sillymoosey

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 06:31:39 PM »
I posted about this earlier this week already but just in case some of you missed it, the Target exclusive ponies and sets from last year are now at Maxi in Quebec. Maxi is owned by Loblaws and I believe that in the rest of Canada, you can find pretty much the same stuff at Superstore, so it's worth a look!

They had the Styling Luna and Celestia, the set with the small brushable Luna and the Celestia with molded hair, Shine Bright Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, Royal Ball at Canterlot Castle, Celebration at Canterlot Castle and Canterlot Castle with Shine Bright Luna. They weren't on sale and I only bought one set, but it was nice to finally see these sets "in person".

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 07:02:50 PM »
Till the 14th? :dance:  Yay!  That means there's a payday between now & then!  And what the hay, I think I may need groceries from Maxi this week, too... :lol:

Thanks for the heads-up, everypony! :hug:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline sillymoosey

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 08:08:57 PM »
Till the 14th? :dance:  Yay!  That means there's a payday between now & then!  And what the hay, I think I may need groceries from Maxi this week, too... :lol:

Thanks for the heads-up, everypony! :hug:

Lol! I almost wish that Maxi didn't sell toys... Shopping for groceries always ends up being way more expensive than it should be!

Post Merge: September 09, 2012, 05:31:41 AM

Aaaargh, it's 8:30 and Toys R us only opens at 10:00 on Sundays! I'm going crazy over here!!!! Need Zecora!

Post Merge: September 09, 2012, 09:05:36 AM

Gaaaah!!! I finally made it to Toys R Us at 10:30 and I didn't find Zecora :( I did buy my daughter's Chritmas gift though (the castle with Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor) so at least it wasn't a wasted trip. When I got home, I tried to buy Zecora online and found out that she can't be shipped to the province of Quebec (probably because the packaging is only in English- stupid bill 101!). I changed the shipping address to Ontario (thankfully, my parents live in Ottawa) but with taxes and shipping costs, she came to 18 dollars (she was on sale for 9.07$ so with shipping, I would be paying double). So I called my mom and asked her if she could swing by Toys R Us this afternoon to see if she's available in stores in Ottawa. If not, I'll have to buy her online and pay the darn shipping costs. *sigh*
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:05:36 AM by sillymoosey »

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 06:22:26 PM »
BTW, has anyone spotted the Lyra/Sunny Rays wave in Canadian stores yet?

Offline sillymoosey

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 07:57:03 PM »

Not me :( Except for Zecora on the TRU website and those random Target exclusives at Maxi, I haven't seen anything new in a really long time...

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 11:52:47 AM »

No and I am hunting....
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BabyIceCrystal

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Active collector since 1983
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 06:31:26 PM »
A few weeks ago an employee in my Walmart told me the next wave of ponies was in the back and that they were moving the display and setting up all new things. I was quite excited. But I went there this week and discovered what she meant was the addition of Glimmer Wings, the new mini packs, blind bags, and yet more of the old mane six wave. :(

Today when I went to TRU for the sale I was disappointed to find Zecora hasn't arrived there yet. I did find the Pony Friends Forever blind bag set of twelve which I very nearly bought, but I can't afford it. I was nice to have blind bags at a reasonable price instead of $4 though. If I had money I would have bought all those Cherrilee Schoolhouse playsets on sale there as I understand people from the States are still looking. That's a heads up for other Canadians looking to buy for Americans though. Also, I don't know about other TRU's but mine still has the 3.5 anthro pony figures, mermaid Ponyvilles, and Rainbow Dash and Mom sets (with bonus thick layer of dust free!).

Want List

Offline sillymoosey

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 06:55:31 PM »
I ended up buying my Zecora online because my mom couldn't find her in Ottawa. I paid over 18$ total because of the shipping and the taxes but I'm glad that I bought her because by the end of the day, TRU.ca was all sold out!

p.s. I got the Cheerily Schoolhouse playset for 3.44$ on clearance at Maxi (Superstore). I don't think I ever got such a wonderful bargain before! Had I known that people were looking for her, I would have bought more... I went back the next day and all the sets were gone.

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 07:37:37 PM »
Yeah, I haven't seen Zecora in Ottawa, or blindbags anywhere latley.  I stopped by the sale today, but there wasn't really anything I wanted (I'm looking out for the new brushables, blindbags, and zecora).  I did find something for my swap, though =)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal