collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Kitty Hujoo Freya!  (Read 10313 times)

Offline Rika_of_Thunder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: New Kitty Hujoo Freya!
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2012, 04:39:47 PM »
YES. I have been looking for an affordable anthro doll for ages!! ;u; I hope she comes back in stock soon~

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2012, 02:33:57 PM »
Keep stalking that website, Rika! The first batch was added to the online store, then anounced on the FB, then the e-mail hit my inbox.

I think a lot of people are excited about her price :3 Shame some people won't consider her a "real" BJD because she's not resin ^_^;;

Lon-san

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2012, 04:56:01 PM »
I got my Freya and I've been fooling around, trying to make a wig pattern. Not going well. Doing it like a human-doll wig doesn't seem to work. There's an anthro wig tutorial here http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?247289-Tutorial-Anthro-Animal-Wigs-%28All-sizes-pattern-free (Somebody reposted it outside of DoA http://fursuit.livejournal.com/4921330.html?thread=55044338 here, for those who can't see the link) but I've been having trouble in that that third piece that goes in the back doesn't fit right on the roundness of her head and needs an awkward dart that isn't in the tutorial....

Offline Flaileigh

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2012, 08:30:33 PM »
Lon-San, it would prolly be easier just to make your own pattern. Just put paper towel strips on the dolls head and tape them together with masking tape. That'll form the base of a wig template. Use a pencil/pen to outline your sewing lines and ear holes and then take the whole piece of taped paper towel off the head... The cap should be sorta firm by itself, and then cut where you need the darts. Flatten it, then you should have your own custom template.

Using other peoples patterns can be confusing. Especially if the file doesn't print out right, or the creator didn't put a ruler scale on the pattern to check for scale or left off seam lines, etc.  :huh:

Lon-san

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2012, 06:25:18 PM »
Lon-San, it would prolly be easier just to make your own pattern. Just put paper towel strips on the dolls head and tape them together with masking tape. That'll form the base of a wig template. Use a pencil/pen to outline your sewing lines and ear holes and then take the whole piece of taped paper towel off the head... The cap should be sorta firm by itself, and then cut where you need the darts. Flatten it, then you should have your own custom template.

Using other peoples patterns can be confusing. Especially if the file doesn't print out right, or the creator didn't put a ruler scale on the pattern to check for scale or left off seam lines, etc.  :huh:

That's actually what I was doing :D The link was a tutorial on how to make a wig for any anthro mold but you know what I wasn't taking into consideration? Most fur has a little stretch to it where my paper towel and tape wig pattern had none. I gave it another shot but with some actual fur and found that, while it was still a ugly, it worked alot better.

Apart from canibalizing wigs for larger dolls, I don't really know where to get good fur. The local stuff is too short and a lot of online places either don't ship to Canada or will be kind of expensive. I think the ideal would be if somewhere sold 8"x 8" squares of 2" or better pile. You'd think there would be something like that for puppet makers.
(I signed up for free samples from Distinctive Fabrics only to fine out it's US only :( )

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2012, 06:44:06 AM »
Lon, there are some etsy sellers who sell fur like that. Lemme dig up the one I've ordered from in the past.

edit: here we go http://www.etsy.com/shop/everafterfabrics

I've finished Juniper's wig out of tibetan lambskin, but I'm waiting for her new eyes and I want to finish her faceup before posting pics.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:46:30 AM by NoDivision »

Lon-san

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2012, 02:49:40 PM »
Oh man! You know, I THOUGHT I checked Etsy but I didn't see that one. Thanks for letting me know! <3
Let's see if we can find anything else....http://www.etsy.com/listing/86001880/third-yard-2tone-spiked-shag-fur-white
ACK! That stuff looks like a black and white macro of the hair on some guy's arm. NONONONO.

Ooh! Can't wait to see photos *_*

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49202189@N05/8028924651/in/pool-2127741@N22 A second wigged Freya popped up.

Freya's feet about about 33mmx20mm. I ordered a couple cheaper pairs of 38mmx20mm shoes to try. Hope they work out. It's her wee kitty toes that make the feet too wide for a lot of shoes. A lot of them are too small by a millimetre or three. I'm wondering if you could get away with that on softer styles.
The Bleuette shoes tend to be around  38mm-40mm long and 17mm-20mm wide. The extra length might be okay but anything with an unmarked width might be too narrow if it's a hard sided deisgn. Gaah, I hate when they don't list the widths. They can vary drastically.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2012, 06:20:40 PM »
Eyes arrived, and I really don't like the sze I ordered. I kept wondering about ordering a size up, bet everyone else was using 16mm and they looked okay - but the style of eyes I ordered really don't look good that size, so it's back to the drawing board!

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2012, 05:11:36 AM »
That wigged pic sealed the deal for me.   I want one of these in the worst way now.

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2012, 01:38:30 PM »
Here's my girl! :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

P.s. she's looking for a new home :p
 Thank you tinrobo!

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2012, 07:17:23 PM »
Freya is back in stock for anyone still wanting her :)

Lon-san

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2012, 07:53:37 PM »
GO GO GO GO! :3

(PHOTOS)

Whoah! I'm sure she'll find one! Her face-up makes her look like there's alot more sculpted details than there are. It turned out REALLY nice! :O

...And of course I'm going to have to ask...how did you manage a fibre wig? I would have thought one would fall apart if ear holes were added.

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2012, 08:34:31 PM »
GO GO GO GO! :3

(PHOTOS)

Whoah! I'm sure she'll find one! Her face-up makes her look like there's alot more sculpted details than there are. It turned out REALLY nice! :O

...And of course I'm going to have to ask...how did you manage a fibre wig? I would have thought one would fall apart if ear holes were added.

Her wig was strange...It had an elastic band at the outer edge, and this odd mesh webbing in places..Presumably to let it stretch more to fit a wider range of dolls. So, all I had to do was snip the holes in the sections where there was webbing. It involved very little hair loss at all ^.^
 Thank you tinrobo!

Lon-san

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2012, 08:45:20 PM »
Her wig was strange...It had an elastic band at the outer edge, and this odd mesh webbing in places..Presumably to let it stretch more to fit a wider range of dolls. So, all I had to do was snip the holes in the sections where there was webbing. It involved very little hair loss at all ^.^

Which brand/size was it?

I have ordered some 6mm N50 magnets. I will be recieving 49 more than I actually need but they are suposed to be one of the strongest available online in that size. I find the one that came with my Freya is weak enough once it's been placed inside the body that it doesn't have much grip if she's wearing something thicker like pants.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2012, 10:42:47 PM »
I have ordered some 6mm N50 magnets. I will be recieving 49 more than I actually need but they are suposed to be one of the strongest available online in that size. I find the one that came with my Freya is weak enough once it's been placed inside the body that it doesn't have much grip if she's wearing something thicker like pants.

So you will be selling some of those extras, riiiiight? *whistles innocently*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal