collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Challenge 8 - Three's A Crowd (Deadline: 9/16 6:30 PM EST)  (Read 4359 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Challenge 8 - Three's A Crowd
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 01:29:20 PM »
Now to choose two models who aren't scared Lilitha will bite them whilst they're not looking...

hehe Pink!

Jordan has a couple of special arrivals coming in specifically for this challenge. Hopefully the judges will be as pleased as I am (so far) with the final results. Everything is coming out pretty much exactly how I want it, now its just a matter of seeing if 1. Jordan will cooperate and not look like an ice queen in these shots, and 2. her "special imports" have some sort of model in them....  ;)

This reminds me to ask - are the other models in the shoot required to be MH dolls? I don't have anything else in mnid and have my other models picked out already, but just curious...

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 03:02:56 PM »
Now to choose two models who aren't scared Lilitha will bite them whilst they're not looking...

hehe Pink!

Jordan has a couple of special arrivals coming in specifically for this challenge. Hopefully the judges will be as pleased as I am (so far) with the final results. Everything is coming out pretty much exactly how I want it, now its just a matter of seeing if 1. Jordan will cooperate and not look like an ice queen in these shots, and 2. her "special imports" have some sort of model in them....  ;)

This reminds me to ask - are the other models in the shoot required to be MH dolls? I don't have anything else in mnid and have my other models picked out already, but just curious...

The other two models (shall we call them extras? hehe) are not required to be MH dolls, but they are preferred mainly because it puts them on a level playing field with the contestants (for example, a MH would upstage Barbie no matter what!) and also rumor has it that by law no non-monsters are allowed in Scaris! But that's just the rumors I keep hearing...

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 03:46:14 PM »
I called the extra models "imports" because they're coming into Scaris from the US specifically for this shoot...not because they're not MH...

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 03:56:03 PM »

:cheer: this is going to be interesting...
I wonder what they mean by 'wild' does France have a 'wild'?? I picture a lot of lovely countryside and sheep.

To me, countryside and sheep is as wild as the Amazon!!!!!

:lmao: It's only Oregon where I live, but anywhere in the western side of the state that is 'wild' is impassable because of the dense undergrowth and blackberry bushes with razor-wire like thorns. You seriously can't walk through the forest at all unless it's on a trail. My kids will both be in school next week- YAY! So maybe I can get a photoshoot in finally.

Also, I am not sure how to make my main doll stand out more than the other two. I don't feel like any of the dolls stand out particularly in the sample photo. Do the other two dolls have to be next to my main doll or can they be more in the background?

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 04:27:47 PM »

:cheer: this is going to be interesting...
I wonder what they mean by 'wild' does France have a 'wild'?? I picture a lot of lovely countryside and sheep.

To me, countryside and sheep is as wild as the Amazon!!!!!

:lmao: It's only Oregon where I live, but anywhere in the western side of the state that is 'wild' is impassable because of the dense undergrowth and blackberry bushes with razor-wire like thorns. You seriously can't walk through the forest at all unless it's on a trail. My kids will both be in school next week- YAY! So maybe I can get a photoshoot in finally.

Also, I am not sure how to make my main doll stand out more than the other two. I don't feel like any of the dolls stand out particularly in the sample photo. Do the other two dolls have to be next to my main doll or can they be more in the background?

The other dolls can be placed wherever you like. It doesn't mean that the 'main doll' *has* to be in the foreground; it just means that the 'main doll' should be the focus of the photo, that the other two shouldn't steal the attention away from her! Tyra has a major problem sharing the attention...it's a wonder she didn't push Elana and Frankie out of the way! But what would have been rather unprofessional I suppose. (Oh wait, that's Tyra's specialty...)

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 06:48:20 PM »
...It just got Project Runway serious up in my craft room....I wish I had Tim Gunn here to cheer me on. :P

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 06:48:52 PM »
...It just got Project Runway serious up in my craft room....I wish I had Tim Gunn here to cheer me on. :P

Silly, you have someone better than Tim Gunn around - ME!!!!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 06:51:59 PM »
I can't wait to see this one either.

I'm missing taking pictures of my girls too! And I have pleanty of wilderness here!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 08:25:31 PM »

This fabric is giving me fits... please tell me to make it work! LMAO!!  :lol:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 08:31:55 PM »

Make it work, girl! Or just take a five minute break, drink a glass of OJ to clear your brain as well as a cookie, and then dive right back in!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 04:00:16 AM »

You have a potential 'wow'-factor here. Carry on.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 06:14:20 AM »
Well the three ghouls haven't started fighting yet. And no-one has bitten anyone else. Yet. But it's so sunny and stupidly windy, I'm trying to think of an alternative location but so far, failing. May have to get creative with a windbreak of some description...

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 08:04:21 AM »
My models are all sitting on the shelf dressed and styled and waiting for me. Huge homework project due tonight, but hopefully I can get some pictures done in the next few days.

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 03:54:04 PM »
Well the three ghouls haven't started fighting yet. And no-one has bitten anyone else. Yet. But it's so sunny and stupidly windy, I'm trying to think of an alternative location but so far, failing. May have to get creative with a windbreak of some description...

Jordan and her models have been separated since they got into Scaris....Trying to avoid any bite or claw marks BEFORE the pictures get taken.  :P They're always fighting each other about something...  ;)

Finished up the set this morning, took a few shots before I left for work, so now I just need to sort and edit. Keeping my fingers crossed that some of these turned out good!

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 06:09:15 AM »
You with this nine days... basic math is hard! So Sunday evening, right? Hoping to get out an about this weekend... I know what I want to do, just have to find a place to do it! Luckily I have no tangible homework this weekend :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal