collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which dolls do you keep stock?  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
Re: Which dolls do you keep stock?
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 06:53:39 PM »
I agree w/ whoever said that Sweet 1600 Frankie's dress doesn't hang right on her. Such a shame, it's a gorgeous dress. I've kept her stock because even with the awful fit, I just loooove the dress ...

I just took my TRU excl. Frankie (what IS she called?!) out of her stock and I'm so glad - she's definitely going to be one I dress up quite a bit. I love her hair.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 11:03:37 PM »
Maybe it's a actually a design flaw then, I thought my 1600 Frankie's dress was made slightly incorrectly too. However, I adore the dress so much that I've just learned to pose her carefully and live with it.

I've been calling the TRU exclusive "Fashion Frankie", but I dunno, really. XD She's turned out to be one of the rare ones I redress! I couldn't stand all the primary yellow and red in her stock outfit (she looks like a bad McDonalds commercial to me in those colors! I can't have that association every time I look at such a gorgeous girl. Dat hair and make-up. :heart:), and for some reason neither of her bonus outfits quite worked for me either. So somehow she ended up in Classroom Frankie's extra dress. I never liked it before, but on Fashion Frankie it just works for me. I'm so happy with her now!

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 06:34:37 AM »
The only thing odd I noticed about my 1600 Frankie's dress is that the clear shoulder strap has to be wrapped around her upper arm (like they have it) as it's too loose when it's just over the shoulder. I hate her original stand as I couldn't get it to hold her and not screw up her dress at the same time; I switched it out for an extra Pullip one I had. It's weird as 1600 Lala's stand doesn't interfere with her outfit at all.

I want I <3 Fashion Abbey so I can redress her; I have a first wave one (the one with the boot covers that go *over* her boots) but am keeping her stock:P

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 12:52:05 PM »
Most of my dolls are in their stock. All my Clawdeens are stock except any I have doubles of. Ditto for Howleen and Clawd. Most of the new basics starting with Abbey and Spectra are stock. My SS, Classroom and DotD collections are all stock, again unless I have doubles. Better to ask who isn't kept stock, which sadly are my remaining wave 1s (I think Frankie and Lagoona are all I have left and I simply cannot afford to replace them with stock ones like I'd like to) Holt's still stock though, but none of my Deuce's are. Only GB Clawdeen and one of my JJs are stock. Oh, my 2.0s are stock, except Cleo's tights were stolen and make rounds in my redressing of dolls XD Pretty much, though, I usually keep new kids stock and only redress the ones I already had ustock or my CaMs or custom-roots

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 05:53:17 PM »
Glad to hear I'm not the only one having issues with Frankie's 1600 dress:)  Now I know I'm not crazy (at least not about THIS :lol:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2012, 05:20:27 PM »
All of my girls are kept in their stock, lol.  Unless you count the CAMs, as they are the only ones that I flip flop their clothes around.  I buy fashion packs for them and swap their clothes out, but all the regular ghouls stay in whatever they came in.  Like someone else said, I buy them because I love their whole look, so I keep them like that.  I love seeing what other people do with their girls and guys in pictures, but I can't bring myself to change much more than some simple hair repairs on mine, haha.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2012, 07:12:45 PM »
I plan on keeping all of my dolls stock. As of right now, I only have Rochelle.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2012, 07:15:24 PM »
All of mine are staying stock except my Skull Shores girls. Outfits are a large part of the pull for me, so I tend to go after ghouls with outfits I'm already in love with.

... Except, perhaps, Rochelle. I hate her skirt. I love the design, but that stiff material is so hinky! So I have considered getting her a new skirt made out of fabric.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2012, 03:15:32 AM »
Pretty much all of my girls stay in their stock - the only ones I would redress are the skull shore/gloom beach girls (except SS Cleo, love her coverup!)

If I need a particular doll to redress I buy nude doubles :lol:
Come visit my blog!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal