collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What kind of dollies do you collect?  (Read 3266 times)

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of dollies do you collect?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 07:11:09 AM »
I have 4 Blythes. I'd like to get into pullips and dals someday. I'm starting to get into MH. I used to collect Barbies, but got bored with it. I have 2 rubbermaid bins that I've been saying for years that I would put on Ebay.

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 08:43:33 AM »
I currently have two Licca chans and one vintage MaBa Barbie - I'd love to get more liccas, clothes and obitsu bodies for the ones I have, but I'll have to wait until I get a job for that (stupid money! xP)

My girls are just playline licca dolls that I've bought off eBay, so they're nothing fancy or particularly expensive, but I think that's what fascinates me about them - I love how something so cheap and mundane could be so utterly gorgeous ^.^

As a kid I had Disney Barbies, and I still have them packed away at my parent's house so I might get them out and display them some day. My favourite ones were Jasmine and Esmeralda - they had such beautiful outfits, and I think as a kid I was particularly jealous of their beautiful wavy black hair :P

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 11:07:09 AM »
You had no dolls as a kid, Jupi? That is so incredibly sad. It reminds me of Pollyanna.  :cry:

I am so glad you have dolls now and your sig LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME.

thank you ^_^

haha yeah -- no dolls -- but I had ponies (and real horses)

Real horses?!? I have ceased to feel sorry for you ;) I would have sold my soul to Satan for a horse when I was a kid. I was so horse crazy, but didn't have any contact with them really.

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 11:22:12 AM »
I've a Pullip, 2 Dal customs, an Obitsu'd mini, a BJD, a Hujoo and 6 MH girls. Bit of a mismatch, but we get along fine :)
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 01:02:55 PM »
My original and ongoing dolly collection is Disney dolls  ^.^ But my current doll focus is Monster High which I love to death :inlove:

I don't really "collect" any other lines beyond those two, but I do manage to accumulate random dolls that call to me... I have a few Masquerade Bratz, a Winx, some Pink Label Barbies... I'd really like to get some of the Barbie Princesses of the World. Then someday when I can afford them I'd love to have an Ellowyne Wilde and an Evangeline Ghastly. And I can easily see myself falling for Pullips :)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 01:06:48 PM »
Only MH currently, but I do have plans to move tentatively into BJDs later this year, hopefully.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 06:16:00 PM »
I collect BJDs, Neo Blythe, Kenner Blythe, Dollfie Dreams, a few art dolls, and some MH, though I'm getting out of MH and letting my collection go. I have a Dal now, too, which my awesome roommate at the MLP fair gave to me. She's so grumpy and cute! I mostly go back and forth between focusing on my BJDs and Blythes. Right now I'm refining my BJD collection, it's pretty large and I'm trying to cull the herd as it were.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 06:23:44 PM »
 I have 4 Pullips 4 Taeyangs and an assortment of other dolls. They include 3 Brats, 2 MH, 2 Moxie Teenz and a few Disney dolls.

I also have my first BJD on lawaway.

Folly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »
I "collect" Monster High and BJDS (1/4 is my size of choice for humans).  I don't know if I can actually call them collections, haha.  I only have four MH dolls and one BJD.

I'm planning on getting a Novi Star, but only one.  I think she'll make a cute "desk buddy", but I'm not looking to get into the line extensively P:
I've also been really interested in anthro BJDs lately; I'm thinking as soon as I have free money I'll get one of two.  They're really cute >_<
I'm also considering starting up a nendoroid/figma collection, but the exchange rate isn't very kind right now so I haven't been able to justify it P:

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 06:46:51 PM »
American Girl dolls were my first collection, but I don't really buy anymore of them. They are more display dolls than dolls you can really take photos of and have fun with , if you know what I mean?  (Even if they are for kids, I kinda be careful with them, even if my Pullips are way more fragile and cost the same.)

My second doll to make it's way in my house was a pullip. Akoya, to be exact. I wasn't too happy about her. Came stained, and her wig was absolutely tragic. I left her in my closet for a year (?). After reading one of my favorite Pullip pic fics again, I dug her out and immediately bought her a new wig and transferred onto one of my Liv's bodies. I love her now! I also own a dal, who never had problems, except for that her leg falls off every once in a while, but I'm ok with that. I really hope to get a Byul soon!

Then, I got into Monster High Dolls, but those don't really need their own paragraph.

On the side, I own a few Livs, a Barbie or two, a Moxie Teen, and a Lalaloopsy.

In the future I really hope to get a BFC Inc. Doll! Whenever I see them I want one more and more.  :lovey: And in a few years I want to get a BJD, once I learn about them and already have my current collections somewhat completed. Obitsus are also catching my eye.. 
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Cwk123

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 09:48:33 PM »
Barbie collector dolls are my main collection...have about 180. I also collect MH, Strawberry Shortcake, La Dee Da, Bratzillaz, some Bratz, Disney princesses, Novi Stars, LPS Blythe dolls, and some Lalaloopsy. Just bought two Winx girls, also.
I had SSC and Barbie when I was younger, but not a whole bunch.
I have my own room for my doll collections, which is really nice...but getting crowded...haha! Every single doll in my collection is NRFB except the vintage SSC dolls. All my dolls are on display.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 10:55:12 PM »
Speaking of Strawberry Shortcake.. Are there any current ones out there? I really miss my ones I had back in the early 2000's. I loved that they smelled!

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 01:21:39 AM »
Barbie collector dolls are my main collection...have about 180. I also collect MH, Strawberry Shortcake, La Dee Da, Bratzillaz, some Bratz, Disney princesses, Novi Stars, LPS Blythe dolls, and some Lalaloopsy. Just bought two Winx girls, also.
I had SSC and Barbie when I was younger, but not a whole bunch.
I have my own room for my doll collections, which is really nice...but getting crowded...haha! Every single doll in my collection is NRFB except the vintage SSC dolls. All my dolls are on display.

Your doll room sounds like heaven! :lovey:  I'd love to see a pic if you want to share  ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 03:17:41 AM »
I'm sitting here saying "I'm not a doll collector, I'm a PONY COLLECTOR"...but then I look over to my bookshelf and go...oh.

I have 2 Kaye Wiggs BJD dolls (Lillie and Tillie)
2 fairyland Puki puki dolls (pong pong and Ante)
A Hatsune Miku Pullip
And a couple of really pretty antique  Maiko dolls (not geisha! Maiko!)

I"m currently waiting for another Kaye Wiggs doll to go on preorder (HURRY UP!!!) and I'm working on acquiring a Cherish Doll Molly head. lol.

Most of my dolls are around YOSD size, with the exception of my pukis, cause those are about the size of a kelly doll.

The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 12:07:52 PM »
Anyone collect actual baby dolls? Never hear them mentioned.. lol

I would but they somewhat creep me out and would probably trigger my depression since I know I'll probably never be a mom  :cry:

Man are there some cute ones out there though!

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal