collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Confessions!  (Read 8455 times)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
Re: Pony Confessions!
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »
Ooh ooh! I thought of some more:

11. I have deflocked several ponies which some might consider worthy of saving as flocked. In my defense, most of my deflocks were baity, though.

12. I dislike any pony with a teddy bear theme or symbol. I love plushies, but dislike teddy bears overall. Always have. I think it is because they are given human, non-realistic proportions, like two arms and two legs instead of four legs. I like my plushies to have some sort of realistic animal shape, even if they are purple :) Does that make sense? Anyway. Although I am usually a set completist, I will not go out of my way to buy a pony with a teddy bear theme or symbol even if I have every other pony in that set. The exception is baby/newborn ponies, but even then I'm not thrilled about it.

13. I make up complex family, social, and hierarchical pony relationships for each Generation in my head. Possibly this might be considered "fan-fic" if committed to paper, I don't know. I don't read enough fan fic to say. They're really not a lot of stories, though. Just overall ideas of relationships and connections and background.

14. My childhood ponies sat for years in an unheated, unairconditioned attic sat my parents' house for years when I was "too cool" to be interested in them. When I decided I wanted them again, most were salvageable, but many had cancer spots or other damage that probably would not be there if they had been properly cared for all along. :( I also cannot find my Pretty Parlor, Show Stable, Nursery, Baby Buggy, or any other play set, although I can find some of the accessories. This makes me unsure if I sold them at a garage sale or not (because why would I have kept the accessories??)

15. I am woefully behind at my pony salon. I have many G1's and the majority of my G3's that need to be washed and styled, or at least brushed. But I just don't see the sense in doing it until I have a place to display them all because putting them back in bins messes up their 'dos.

16. When I got reinterested in collecting about 2 years ago, I can think of at least several ponies that I way overspent on on e-bay because I didn't know that they were actually common and was not all that experienced with sales here or at the TP. I see what they go for on the forums and want to kick myself. I try to feel better by thinking about some of the bargains I've gotten, and hope that I broke even.

17. Sometimes I wish I could scale down my collection just for simplicity of maintenance and display, but then I feel guilty about even thinking that I don't like certain ponies enough to have them, almost like dissing a friend for no reason.

18. Along the not-realistic animal line, I also dislike ponies with humanized features. Most of these are babies, like First Tooth, Fancy Pants, Drink N' Wet. Real equines do not have a tooth sticking out over their lip, they don't wear diapers, and they certainly don't PEE in diapers. Come to think of it, I dislike most of the baby accessories (bottles, bibs, playpens, toys) because they are too humanized. REAL horses don't use these things!! Ponies in clothes or little hair accessories or whatever are ok though, just not the ones that are permanently part of the mold, like G2 Satin Slipper as an example.

19. If I were ever to get access to a time machine, the first thing I would do would be go back in time and buy all the ponies that I didn't have when they were on the shelves. This applies to other toys I missed, too, like Jem, Fashion Star Fillies, and the larger versions of the little guy in my signature who I desperately, desperately want so bad it keeps me up at night sometimes. (Seriously, but a lot keeps me up at night). Then I might do some more "important" stuff like things that would improve the world overall (I mean, whatever. Ponies come first!!)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 09:50:01 PM by ponyRN »
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2012, 09:46:07 PM »
-I desperately want to buy Fashion Style Ponies but am afraid it will open the gateway to more than one pony of each character!

-A guy at work teases me about my collection.

-I LOVE G3.5's and feel ashamed because most people don't  :( :blush:

-I want a whole collection of G3.5 Ponyvilles!

-I can't bring myself to ever sell a Pony.

-I like to smell my ponies....... :lookround:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2012, 09:47:15 PM »
1) I don't love all my ponies the same  :ninja:
2) I have a very hard time parting with ponies even if I have duplicates of them. No you may not have one of my 2,000 G2 Sundances; they're all mine and I need them all!
3) I can't tell anymore if I like some of the more HTF ponies because they're pretty or just because they're rare
4) It makes me sad to see people with armies of a pony that I still don't have in my collection. Set them free, they want to come live with me!  :whistle:
5) I get very irritable and snarky if I find a secondhand pony I'm interested in that's overpriced, and usually complain about it to whoever I'm with loud enough for everyone else to hear. I don't know what's wrong with me  :blush:

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2012, 09:50:59 PM »
Don't know if anyone here remembers this...

One of the first G1 ponies I bought was on eBay.. I forget the sellers name, but she always heavily styles the ponies' manes and tails in epic curls and hairspray, and her ponies are always over-priced, and because of her photos, her ponies usually incite a bidding war. Well I was trying to bid on a Galaxy, and the bidding was getting heated, and instead of typing in $40 in the bid box, I accidentally put in $40000. I was so scared, but obviously the bidding never went that high, and I learned an important lesson in ebay bidding :P 

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2012, 09:53:37 PM »
I like customs more than collecting.

Holy cow I'm not the only one!!! I only have one custom, but she is easily one of my favorite ponies (besides my Pinkie Pies, 'cause, I mean, Pinkie Pie!) and I always want customs more than I ever want factory ponies. Pony customizers are just so creative, artistic and amazing. I can oft be seen drooling over a custom and internally sobbing that I can't snatch them up!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2012, 09:55:15 PM »

One of the first G1 ponies I bought was on eBay.. I forget the sellers name, but she always heavily styles the ponies' manes and tails in epic curls and hairspray, and her ponies are always over-priced, and because of her photos, her ponies usually incite a bidding war. Well I was trying to bid on a Galaxy, and the bidding was getting heated, and instead of typing in $40 in the bid box, I accidentally put in $40000. I was so scared, but obviously the bidding never went that high, and I learned an important lesson in ebay bidding :P

I would probably need a pair of clean pants if that happened to me!!!  :shocked: :shocked:  :lol:

Offline Bebopgroove

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2012, 09:57:54 PM »

I would probably need a pair of clean pants if that happened to me!!!  :shocked: :shocked:  :lol:
:lol: Lol I was pretty sick with nervousness.. But I only paid about $50 for her in the end :)

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2012, 10:01:56 PM »
A few

- I hate when people call my OTP's stupid ;n;
- I hate when people say "I love every generation - except for g3.5"

myeh

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2012, 10:04:37 PM »
A few

- I hate when people call my OTP's stupid ;n;
- I hate when people say "I love every generation - except for g3.5"

myeh

G3.5 were adorable. Why no love for them? I only have some ponyville mermaids and a Sweetiebelle but if they still had them in stores, I'd have a bunch more!

Offline Bebopgroove

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2012, 10:07:19 PM »
I really didn't like them at first... I think it was the huge heads and strangely out of place pigtails, but they've grown on me since then. Not really sure who I want to acquire first :P

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2012, 10:08:42 PM »
Not really sure who I want to acquire first :P

Get one of the moms if you can. :) They're the most liked of the generation and just gorgeous.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2012, 10:11:59 PM »
-i stole a pony from the dr's office. :/ it was a G3 periwinkle. she was dirty and germy and her hair was tangled and a huge mess. i just casually slipped her into my purse when the doc left, and i felt like everyone was talking about it the whole time i was in the pharmacy. (just my guilt kicking in). i cleaned her up real nice though.

- put some ponies in a plastic storage bin yesterday and cried a little. its not that i don't love them, i just don't have room for them AND my LPS on the shelf. its about half and half right now. i feel like i'm cheating on them with LPS.

-at work on my breaks, i make a list of pony familes. my favorite is Mimic, Barnacle, and their baby is Feathermay.

- i get jealous when i see someone with a bigger and better applejack and mimic army than me. its just because i want it and can't have it lol nothing against the person.

-i once spent so much money on ponies, my fiance had to lend me money for bills T-T that one still eats me alive at night.

Post Merge: September 03, 2012, 10:12:47 PM

also, i have a G3.5 talking baby cheerilee doll in my closet. she terrifies me.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2012, 10:16:19 PM »
Here's a confession:

I'm considering spending my entire check this week on My Little Ponies because I've been looking at all this G4 stuff I want including the Wedding Castle and Twilight Sparkle Remote Control Car!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2012, 10:21:41 PM »
-I'm so relieved I'm not the only one who gets upset over people having armies of a pony I want! I feel bad about it, but I keep wondering.

-I don't like the faces on G4 ponies. I love that gen and that's why I started. I like the variety in manes, bodies are cute, but the faces - I don't like them on principle! Sure they're cute, but ponies don't have nubby noses; they have long faces and big nostrils! I'm annoyed at G3.5 for having started that - I agree with Rybett, that generation looks like cats. Cats are cute, but they aren't ponies.

-I don't like real life ponies or horses. I mean, I respect them, I think they're cool, but I'd never have the patience to live with a pony myself.

-I have occasionally given ponies haircuts. (Not G1s...not anymore.)

-I have a Meadowbrook who has something wrong with her tail washer: when I brushed the frizzy part of her tail, bunches of hair came out. And my mild OCD made me keep going...oops. (On the plus side, I think she's pretty with a thinner tail!)

[edit for content ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
^ Thanks for the edit! Thank you for looking after my big mouth. :blush:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 01:12:11 PM by NoPonySpecial »
I'll put something here some time

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2012, 10:22:59 PM »
Okay when I first read the title of this thread, I thought this was for confessions of the ponies in your collection, not yourself! :lmao:

So here's what I was going to write:

-My G1 Sunnybuch has some issues indulging in wine a little too much. She can't stand up. :blush:

-G1 Tassles is her best friend and props her up so she doesn't fall on her face all the time.

-G4 Scootaloo took Starbeam Twinkle's tiara and wears it all the time, even though Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle don't have any accessories and are next to her on the shelf.

-G4 Dizzy Doo is not an actual living pony, she's some sort of giant stone statue, trapped behind an invisible force field (I tell myself this to feel better because I can't bring myself to take her out of the box lol)

-Gilda the Griffin keeps knocking over the other blind bag pegsi, because she is jealous that Rainbow Dash is standing with them instead of with her

-The fact is, the two G1 Newborn Baby Yo-Yos are really identical twins, certainly not that one is a duplicate I bought because I forgot I already had the other >_>;

-Daddy Sweet Celebrations is deeply ashamed that most of his symbols are rubbed off, but he still sits with all the other mint and near-mint G1's on the shelf because he's a beloved childhood pony and deserves to be on display!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:28:13 PM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal