collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Confessions!  (Read 8357 times)

Offline Mintymints

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Confessions!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 08:09:21 PM »
I have another....
When I am really sad, one of the only things that can make me happier than just happy.... (Other than my little sister, of course) is getting a new pony, or playing around with my ponies/monster high dolls.
It's just such a good feeling xD  :lookround:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 08:15:04 PM »
1. I am sometimes embarrassed to shop for ponies and am fully prepared to say it is for "my daughter" (don't have one) or a child's birthday.

2. I swore my family to secrecy, told them it would "damage my bad girl image ;)"

3. I stopped watching FiM before the wedding episode because I am still bitter about my own wedding and divorce. I also want nothing to do with Shining Armor for this reason. I would watch it if it were a more realistic episode where Twilight Sparkle turns into Tequila Shots and gets miserably drunk and pathetic because her brother got married before she did, and she is "always a bridesmaid, never a bride." Yes, I am going through a petty phase. Whatever. It's better than some of the other phases I've gone through in all of this. *pouts*

4. Sometimes I dream about ponies.

5. I have, at least on one occasion, moved money from my savings to my checking account to buy ponies.

6. Winning or losing an e-bay auction for a pony can greatly affect my mood, probably more than it should any reasonably sane adult.

7. I really hope I can buy a three bedroom house instead of two so that I can have an "office." Yes there will be a computer in there, and some books. But mostly it will be a pony display room.

8. I "minimize" the amount of money and time I spend on ponies when talking to my mother. It's not a lie, it's just a... version?

9. I really want to buy some MLP T-shirts but I don't know if I'd have the courage to wear them.

9. Sometimes I worry that people I used to know IRL will show up on Pony Forums.

10. Number 10 is too terrible to talk about. So there!
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 08:19:32 PM »
3. I stopped watching FiM before the wedding episode because I am still bitter about my own wedding and divorce. I also want nothing to do with Shining Armor for this reason. I would watch it if it were a more realistic episode where Twilight Sparkle turns into Tequila Shots and gets miserably drunk and pathetic because her brother got married before she did, and she is "always a bridesmaid, never a bride." Yes, I am going through a petty phase. Whatever. It's better than some of the other phases I've gone through in all of this. *pouts*
:iconclap:
I actually won't watch anything wedding-related for a similar reason.. it's nice to know I'm not the only one.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:25:54 PM by Bebopgroove »

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 08:27:55 PM »
would watch it if it were a more realistic episode where Twilight Sparkle turns into Tequila Shots and gets miserably drunk and pathetic because her brother got married before she did, and she is "always a bridesmaid, never a bride."
I actually won't watch anything wedding-related for a similar reason.. it's nice to know I'm not the only one :)
That, I can relate to, too. Although the reason I hated the pony wedding was because there was a villain and pointless fighting. It was also the point of no return for me, when I lost faith in the show. Some may also remember me hitting a serious BSOD and going on hiatus for two months to rediscover myself.

But yeah, my sister is getting married soon, too. Me? well.... :(
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:30:33 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

LazuliRose

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 08:31:19 PM »
One more...
I have a terrible crush on Shining Armor, but I don't tell anyone because Cadence is like everyone's favorite pony and I've never seen him paired with anyone else and I think I'm the only one...

:cloud:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
Um... making criticisms about the show is fine, but do you think we can tone down the brony bashing? I'm finding it to be very hurtful. Especially about having the fandom "stolen," as if some of us are interlopers that don't belong here.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

princeichi

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »
I really like G2s. `__`

And I think some of the more sought-after G1s are really ugly...

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 08:40:53 PM »
- Over-hyped ponies make me not like them and then I become sad because I think I could have liked them.
- I hate Pony Spa.
- I hate all the hate in this thread. We are all fans, new or old. Stop judging each other and making generalizations, that is not what this is about!
- I fell in love with the fandom as much as the ponies because everyone is so welcoming and friendly toward one another.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

MikaylaIsSoCoolLike

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 08:42:29 PM »
1. I'm scared that I qualify as a brony. I liked ponies when I was younger, but FiM has reintroduced me to them. I also don't quite fit with the My Little Wiki definition of a brony ("someone who a is a fanatic of the new Friendship is Magic G4 My Little Pony show." it's nice, but I wouldn't call myself a fanatic. "Generally male" not the last time I checked. "and not a fan of previous pony generations." nopenopenope. "They hang out in places like Equestria Daily" I'll admit to that, but it's just a website that reposts  pictures from here.  :huh:), but it still makes me feel uncomfortable. I dunno guys.

2. I really want to get defensive when someone insults me because I like ponies or insult the ponies themselves. Srsly dude. Come on now. It is 2012.

3. Even though I already have the pony, I really don't want to give it away to someone else  :yikes:
why am i so greedy oh mah gurd

4. I'm super scared about posting on here (well, websites in general, nothing against y'all). It took me about 30 minutes to post this!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 09:03:02 PM by MikaylaIsSoCoolLike »

LazuliRose

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 08:42:47 PM »
Um... making criticisms about the show is fine, but do you think we can tone down the brony bashing? I'm finding it to be very hurtful. Especially about having the fandom "stolen," as if some of us are interlopers that don't belong here.
+1
I don't think anyone 'stole' anything.  We just added to the collective XD.

And how could new collectors steal anything?  Don't older collectors still have their ponies?  Thought so XD.

-Again, I love all generations.  There are good points to all of them.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 08:43:04 PM »

- I believe bronies ruined FIM by making Hasbro drop the Slice-of-Life in favor of fighting and villains.

I don't consider myself a bronie but I for one love the adventure aspect of FIM.  I think its very in character for the MLP line.  My favorite MLP show is "Rescue at Midnight Castle" and that's has as much adventure as one could hope for.

My confession would in fact be that I didn't like "Tales" at all because it had no magic and no adventure. 

Stuntmang

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 08:44:54 PM »
I hate the majority of the brony fandom. It's a wretched hive of misogyny, homophobia, rape jokes, transphobia, racism, and many other things. Don't get me wrong, I love G4 tons, but I really hate the fandom it's spawned in most circles. (MLParena and some other exceptions are excluded from this complaint, of course)

TurbinePony

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 08:45:43 PM »
Heres some

1. I really REALLY want a Large Fluttershy Plush to cuddle at night.

2. I am a brony and I find some bronies stuck up and arrogant and sometimes douchebags... Some friendship eh? At least from my experiences.

3. I sometimes get a sick feeling when I go buy ponies, not that I dont want to but that there may be that person either creeped out of me or will make me feel uncomfortable, and it has happened numerous times.

3. I really want to snag a MLP:FiM Blanket, Target had some but they are rare to find.

4. If I would living on my own I would have an MLP Bed, nuff said.

5. I find Clop images of Fan-Fics funny as flip rather hot.

There ya have it! XP

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 08:46:15 PM »
would watch it if it were a more realistic episode where Twilight Sparkle turns into Tequila Shots and gets miserably drunk and pathetic because her brother got married before she did, and she is "always a bridesmaid, never a bride."
I actually won't watch anything wedding-related for a similar reason.. it's nice to know I'm not the only one :)
That, I can relate to, too. Although the reason I hated the pony wedding was because there was a villain and pointless fighting. It was also the point of no return for me, when I lost faith in the show. Some may also remember me hitting a serious BSOD and going on hiatus for two months to rediscover myself.

But yeah, my sister is getting married soon, too. Me? well.... :(

I'd like to say "nice to know I'm not alone" but then again I'm sorry others are going through the same.

And if there was there was a villain and pointless fighting at my wedding, too! Hmm, come to think of it, maybe I should watch it then...
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 08:50:53 PM »
I hate the majority of the brony fandom. It's a wretched hive of misogyny, homophobia, rape jokes, transphobia, racism, and many other things. Don't get me wrong, I love G4 tons, but I really hate the fandom it's spawned in most circles. (MLParena and some other exceptions are excluded from this complaint, of course)

I don't see any of this, anywhere. I question your use of the word "majority." Please, can we just stop the hate?

Okay, here's a peaceful confession: I feel sad when I see an army of a pony I want but don't have yet, and a voice cries out, "save some for us!" And it makes me even more impatient to get that pony and I go running off to ebay (where I usually end up overpaying)!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal