collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tamagotchis  (Read 5026 times)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
Tamagotchis
« on: September 03, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »
The thread about Micropets got me thinking about all of the virtual pet toys I loved. And my favorite of all was my Tamagotchi! My parents ordered it off of Amazon and it was one of the fist things I remembered getting from online. I asked my mom every day to check that tracking number! By the time it finally came, everyone had moved on to the next craze! So I had no one to connect with lol.

So share your Tamagotchi stories, pics, whatever!

Also wondering if anyone might have any interest in buying/ trading for one. I'm sick of buying batteries only to have the thing die!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: Tamagotchis
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 06:34:06 PM »
Never had one, actually!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 07:20:42 PM »
Man, there's a blast from the past. I got two on my birthday once from friends - a tamagotchi, and a giga pet. I had no interest in either of them so, well, you know the drill... :blush:  I eventually gave them to my brother, because he loves electronics stuff, and was horrified to found he had taken the devices apart! Then we had a fight over how I couldn't be mad about that because I was the one who let them die, yadda yadda.
I remember how big the fad was, they had to ban them at the elementary school because kids were getting distracted feeding their pets instead of paying attention to class.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 07:24:42 PM »
Oh man, I remember the days! My cousin came over to my house one day and had one with her and it was the first time I'd seen one, and I just HAD to have one! I got my own a little while later, a green and yellow one :) I still have it. Along with a kazillion other tamagotchis/giga pets/etc that I accumulated during that time. Every once in a while I stick batteries back into one of them just for kicks :)

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 08:08:01 PM »
I was obsessed with Virtual Pets when they first came out and had piles of them! The Tamagotchis and the GigaPets were my favorite sort though.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 08:21:58 PM »
i used to collect them a couple years back, i had tons! even the color screen ones. i still have a few laying around, i played one of them the other day but paused it because i wanted to sleep in lol. they're working on a new one right now called tamagotchi L.I.F.E. it stands for "tamagotchi, love is fun everywhere" ...yeah, the title made me go "wth.." too. lol!!!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 08:25:06 PM »
I remember when those first came out, I was in late primary school (that feels like forever ago lol) my parents couldn't afford a real one and got me a fakie, I loved it all the same :) they were such a cute concept.

I can remember school pick up times, cause they ban them from school for being a distraction from class (before mobile phones, now that does make me feel old!) and all the parents would be at the gates playing with them, doing their best not to kill the thing before the kids got out lol.

Those and furbies were a big thing, i believe they came out a bit later though. First time i ever seen one in person i was cleaning homes and i picked one up to clean underneath it - it didn't shut up! Kinda creeped me out like it was posessed or something. I still have a furby, and have a newer tamagitchi that is now dead with no working batteries, i don't like putting batteries in my furby though, still irks me to this day. I think its cute, but the only person that's ever played with it was my mum, she occasionally asks me to pop batteries in it so she can have a play lol.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 09:20:31 PM »
I have one of the new ones. :D

I was poor growing up, so I never had a 'legit' Tamagotchi, but I had 3 of the Barbie ones and a 4th one from an off-brand company I can't recall. I loved those things when I was young. The new ones are still pretty darn cool, but I haven't played with him since I got him. Ha ha. I'm a bad mum.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 09:42:04 PM »
I just found three of them in my elementary school back pack. I tried playing with one of them and got frustrated. :P
I remember being in love with them when i was younger though.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 11:00:44 PM »
I had 3 giga pets (a cat, the KFC cat, and a puppy), a nano pony, and a tamagotchi.  Can't find any of them  :(  But I have an app on my iPhone called "Hatchi" that is just like having a tamagotchi again!  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 12:10:46 AM »
I love Tamagotchis! Every now and again I'll get back into them, and I buy a new one each time XD I think I've got one from every gen now, except for the first ones that came out. I used to have one of the very first ones when I was little, but I've since lost it!

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 06:09:21 AM »
i keep staring at the one on my desk, the batteries still work, but i just don't have the time with my weird work hours. i really enjoyed the newer tomogotchi + color, but it had no pause button which made it really hard to keep up with. i had maxed out on everything in it too though, so it lost its fun after a while. i still want one of the new IDL's they have.
i went garage selling with my grandma, and one of my neighbors had a box of 10 cent toys, and i was looking for ponies in it, but stumbled upon a nano bunny. what luck!!!!! and for only 10 cents! i just wish i had found it earlier when i was heavily into collecting the tamas.

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 07:05:58 AM »
I had a teal one, but I don't remember too much about it. Yesterday my husband I were discussing them. They're bringing back Furby. We wondered if Tamagotchi would make a come back too.

Offline secretsheik

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »
I still have my Tamagotchi, I got a somewhat HTF yellow with blackstripes model. It's around here somewhere...

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 09:13:38 AM »
I was super into these at one point.  I had/have my Digemon one a a r2d2.  I'm sure the rest are stashed around here somewhere. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal