collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How much can I expect to pay for...  (Read 389 times)

aerieberry

• Trade Count: (0)
How much can I expect to pay for...
« on: September 01, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »
Hi guys! I've been looking to acquire a few more dolls.... I went through Mandy's list of the releases and these are the ones that appeal to me most. What can I expect to pay? What is fair? What is still on the shelf? I'm aware some of these aren't released yet.. I know the originals are harder to find/more expensive, especially Clawdeen. I'd like DT Lagoona without her payset too... and what is the cheapest I can get a nude baity doll for customizing? Also, they don't need to be MIB, but Mint or Near mint, and complete.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My biggest priorities are the Clawdeens, Mad Science Lagoona and The... the second Franky there.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 12:32:39 PM by aerieberry »

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: How much can I expect to pay for...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 12:53:27 PM »
Wave 1.0 Frankie- £40
Wave 2.0 Frankie- £20-£25, mine sold for £21.
DT Frankie- £10
B&W Frankie- £5?

DT lagoona with hydration station- £40 minimum.
MS Lagoona- Can fetch £35 online, in store, £19.99
Wave 2.0 Lagoona £35-£40
Wave 1.0 Lagoona £40-£50
Wave 1.0 Clawdeen- Very hard to find, I'm after her too, have been for months! XD £50 upwards
ST Clawdeen- Also looking for her! XD £23.99 in stores, anything upwards online.
Catrine, Scaris Rochelle, Jinafire- Unknown as not released.
DOTD Lala, very rare, £40-£50 upwards.
Toralei- £20 upwards...

Hope I've helped! :)

Of course, all prices are for complete dolls! :)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 01:30:20 PM »
Icecrystalline's prices look great! Clawdeen 1.0 can go super high, like $100, and Toralei is actually getting pretty pricey too, on par with the other wave 1 dolls, or even up a bit more. ^^;

Lagoona 2.0 is quite rare right now too, but she'll be rereleased in the next case this autumn so you should be able to find her in stores soonish. Right now on shelves (in the US) I think you should be able to find Frankie 2.0 (rereleased this summer), Mad Science Lagoona, and Scary Tales Clawdeen. Probably still Dead Tired Frankie and DT Lagoona/Hydration Station. And you may still find B&W Frankie--she was a Friday the 13th special in April but may still have stock kicking around. She had a special price of $4.13 but some stores sold her for up to $20...

The deluxe Scaris dolls should be out at the end of this year/early 2013 and will probably be the basic (ie not slim-box) price (or maybe the price of Sweet 1600, depends how "deluxe" Mattel deems them, haha). Catrine de Mew will be a Walmart exclusive so not sure on her price--WM exclusive Cupid this past spring was just $20...

A nude doll for customizing can be all over the place in price depending on which character/release it is, and on ebay you'll likely pay a ton more than you would here XD I would keep an eye on the MH BST forum and you can probably find one for $5 or so depending on condition  ^.^

Hope that helps!  :)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

aerieberry

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 08:27:30 PM »
Thank you so much, guys! That's great!
I had no idea Black and White Franky was so cheap.. that's amazing. I hope I can find one!
Unfortunately I like in Canada and our stock hasn't been looking very promising... Just a heaping ton of SS Ghoulias...EVERYWHERE!
I saw a Torelei once and I can not live down the regret of not picking her up!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 10:40:29 PM »
Oops, I assumed wrongly and gave you US tips because they're way better than ours (I'm Canadian too XD) If you want to know any Canadian-specific tips feel free to ask me, I'm always happy to talk monsters and commiserate about how crappy our store selection is :D

Unfortunately Mad Science Lagoona hasn't been stocked in Canada since last year, weirdly enough. And as we don't have Targets yet, no Scary Tales... and I don't think the re-releases like Frankie 2.0 have shown up yet either  :huh: But there are tons of kind people here on the forums that will help you get the dolls you want! Lots of my collection has been found through the Arena :heart:

Good luck on your hunt :hug:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 03:18:29 AM »
If you want I can get you the B&W Frankie - though it will cost you about 14 euros as that's what she costs around here in Finland. I also think I might have 2.0 Frankie available, if I remember correctly I bought her for her clothes and shoes and it turned out I already had them  >_< I'll check whether I still have her or not as soon as possible, maybe tomorrow after I get home.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal