collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm a top rated eBay seller! *sarcastic*  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
I'm a top rated eBay seller! *sarcastic*
« on: August 31, 2012, 07:26:59 AM »
Hehehe... I just got this lovely e-mail from eBay:

Dear XXXXX,

Congratulations! You've achieved Top Rated seller status, meeting eBay's US seller performance standards. To make buyers aware of your commitment to customer service, eBay will identify you as a Top Rated seller and provide some boost to your listings in Best Match.

Having Top Rated status also makes you eligible for these additional benefits on any of your listings that offer a 1-day handling time and 14-day or longer return policy with money back option:

20% discount on final value fees
    Greatest on average boost in Best Match for your fixed price listings
    Starting late September, these listings will also have a prominent Top Rated Plus seal

To make sure you maintain your eBay Top Rated status, check your Seller Dashboard regularly. Remember, in addition to satisfying other evaluation criteria, to maintain your Top Rated status, you will need to continue to upload tracking within your stated handling time on 90% or more of US transactions.

Note: The August evaluation looked at transactions from June 1 to July 31 to determine if you met the tracking upload requirement. The September evaluation will look at the period of June 1 to August 31. From that point onward, we will look back at the previous three calendar months of transactions to determine your tracking upload rate.

Again, congratulations and thank you for your hard work as one of eBay's best sellers.

Pay special attention to the "Note" section of the e-mail:

Note: The August evaluation looked at transactions from June 1 to July 31 to determine if you met the tracking upload requirement.

If anyone remembers the horrible hassle I had with eBay last November/December, then you might know that I quit selling on eBay after that. So, how did I earn top rated seller status? They think my handling time is 1 day and I upload tracking 90% of the time; 90% of 0 is still 0.

Silly eBay, you won't suck me back in that easily!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:28:43 AM by Eskara1862 »

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a top rated eBay seller! *sarcastic*
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 12:04:11 AM »
Wait a minute. So all you have to do is not sell and you will get top rated status? Wow, that is super lame.

Good link read by the way.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 05:13:05 AM »
sorry - I know its not really funny  but that made me giggle!  :lol:  I remember all the issues you had with evilbay . So are they trying to suck up to you ?!, has someone stuffed up and sent the wrong person the message...... or is not bothering to sell for a few months now the easiest way ever to earn top seller status?! :blink: 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 06:58:51 AM »
Wow! Even for ebay thats mighty random. Some how I wouldnt be surprised if not selling gave you a better chance of being a top rated seller. Ebay genius - help those not selling; dont help those who are selling [as per your previous experience Eskara!]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 08:38:59 AM »
I'm actually half tempted to list something, just to see if the restrictions are still there.  There isn't a notice on my seller dashboard about it anymore.

I laughed the moment I received that e-mail.  It would be typical if they decide to reward someone who does nothing and ignore the people who are working hard to be good sellers!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »
It actually kind of ticks me off. I wonder how many crappy sellers used that to their advantage?

Sure eventually they will no longer be top rated but for a month or two Ebay will be claiming they have "excellent customer service" when they can actually be a scammer! All because they didn't sell.

Oh my god, the stupidity.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 01:49:36 PM »
Wow! I'm surprised at how unprofessional ebay has become. I've become more frustrated with them and the way they handle things and their outrageous seller fees. It's crazy!
My Wish List

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 01:57:38 PM »
Yeah, ebay's policies have become weirder & weirder. As of their last evaluation, I lost my top rated status for not uploading enough tracking numbers in the allowed time frame. The thing is, I had one buyer that purchased a bunch of items & asked that I not ship until a certain date because she would be out of town. So while all of the tracking on her items were out of the "acceptable" time frame, the buyer was happy because I shipped when she asked me to. Does ebay care about that? Apparently not. :P

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 03:10:32 PM »
Wow! How ridiculous. Thanks ebay for providing me with my laugh for the day. Good spotting that @eskara!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 06:13:39 PM »
I've got no such message (I don't think, anyway) on my equally unused ebay account.  I don't think it's just a matter of not selling.  There must be something more to it than that.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 06:17:24 PM »
Top rated seller, on ebay is a joke.  It's not worth spending the gas to drive one package to the post office eveyday (1 day shipping) to use up your gas...

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 07:40:54 PM »
I've got no such message (I don't think, anyway) on my equally unused ebay account.  I don't think it's just a matter of not selling.  There must be something more to it than that.

Well here's the thing, the op obviously had sold $1000 worth of items months and months ago. Since she had sold that much, and then did nothing while the new requirements kicked in. Since she didn't sell anything 100% of her sales had tracking within a day, etc, etc.

But this would only work if BEFORE the requirements kicked in you had $1000 in sales and over 100 sales.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 04:46:31 AM »
Ebay's Top-Rated Seller is a joke anymore.  Their expectations are getting to be completely ridiculous and there is only one reason for that....they do not want to give out that 20% discount.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 06:15:10 AM »
now if they would link to an "ARENA SUPER SELLER" would I believe a rating = but since custom ponies will be able to fly before that happens...

it is a world-wide bazaar (bizarre even) so is trusted as such

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 08:21:23 AM »
Ebay's Top-Rated Seller is a joke anymore.  Their expectations are getting to be completely ridiculous and there is only one reason for that....they do not want to give out that 20% discount.

I agree. It's impossible to keep up. The 24hr shipping is super crazy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal