collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Penpals!  (Read 2088 times)

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Penpals!
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 02:34:48 AM »
You guys have fun.  I have more than I can keep up with now...and usually they fizzle out fairly quickly anyway...but its fun while it lasts.  I have set up pen pals here that I did write and they never bothered to write me back.  Thats just not right. If you don't want to be that persons pen pal after you get that first letter at least write them and say that will be your only letter as you realize you can't do the pen paling thing.  It costs more than 1.00 to ship a letter to another country...so only sign up if you are willing to be a true pal.  People do get busy and can't write back for a while and thats perfectly okay, but if you want to end your penpaling relationship at least let them know you can't do it anymore.  I have had a pen pal for years in Washington State and all the sudden out of no where I never heard from her again.  I mean 10 years of writing and boom she is done. I worry, but she won't write me back...not much I can do about that.  I just think its nice to let someone know if you are not going to continue.

I'm sorry to hear that. It happens, unfortunately. I can't understand your pal not writing back all of a sudden, gives me the creepy feeling something is not right with her..
I also had a penpal in my original topic but she never wrote me. Luckily i now have 2 penpals and with one of them i write quite a bit! We've been writing for a few months and have sended eachother presents :) I know it's out there, sorry you haven't met the right pal yet! :hug:

Hokus!! I haven't forgotten about you. <3 I'm starting it tomorrow. ^_^ if I have extra money I'll try and send you a present at some stage. :)

hehe, i didn't mean you were the one who never wrote me ;) Because you did write me! No worries! Do not feel pressed to send a gift, i know your country is as high with shippingcosts as mine :dropjaw:

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 02:40:30 AM »
You guys have fun.  I have more than I can keep up with now...and usually they fizzle out fairly quickly anyway...but its fun while it lasts.  I have set up pen pals here that I did write and they never bothered to write me back.  Thats just not right. If you don't want to be that persons pen pal after you get that first letter at least write them and say that will be your only letter as you realize you can't do the pen paling thing.  It costs more than 1.00 to ship a letter to another country...so only sign up if you are willing to be a true pal.  People do get busy and can't write back for a while and thats perfectly okay, but if you want to end your penpaling relationship at least let them know you can't do it anymore.  I have had a pen pal for years in Washington State and all the sudden out of no where I never heard from her again.  I mean 10 years of writing and boom she is done. I worry, but she won't write me back...not much I can do about that.  I just think its nice to let someone know if you are not going to continue.

I'm sorry to hear that. It happens, unfortunately. I can't understand your pal not writing back all of a sudden, gives me the creepy feeling something is not right with her..
I also had a penpal in my original topic but she never wrote me. Luckily i now have 2 penpals and with one of them i write quite a bit! We've been writing for a few months and have sended eachother presents :) I know it's out there, sorry you haven't met the right pal yet! :hug:

Hokus!! I haven't forgotten about you. <3 I'm starting it tomorrow. ^_^ if I have extra money I'll try and send you a present at some stage. :)

hehe, i didn't mean you were the one who never wrote me ;) Because you did write me! No worries! Do not feel pressed to send a gift, i know your country is as high with shippingcosts as mine :dropjaw:

Hehe I who you meant. As they never responded to me neither. =) yeah I hate Auspost for its prices. -_- I wouldn't mind another penpal but we'll see how my schedule is first. ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 03:25:19 AM »
I will be responding to my pal soon! I feel so bad for not sending it out :( I've been a lot busier than I expected! D;
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 04:09:24 AM »
I will be writing letters to my penpals this weekend. Sorry guys I've been so busy lately. :blush:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2012, 10:20:44 PM »
I'm gonna bump this up for ya's. ^_~ I might put my info up for another penpal soon.

Hokus, I'll pm you soon :)

Post Merge: October 15, 2012, 10:35:29 PM

I'd like some penpals too :)  I have lots of pony stationary to use.

IRL name: Kate
Interests:  Zoology, Comics, books in general, family, Doctor Who, Monster High, music.  I don't know... heaps of stuff :)
Gens collected: Mostly G1, G3 and G4 but I also like G2
Would like to write to: Anyone worldwide!
Preferred language:  English

xeevee, if you want. I can be your penpal? :) up to you though. ^.^
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 10:37:16 PM by Princess-Sparkles »
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2012, 05:15:45 PM »
I wanted to say sorry to my penpals for not writing. I dunno what to say I haven't been doing so well lately, and I cannot bring myself to write. I'll try my best to write this weekend.  -_-
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2012, 05:40:27 PM »
I'm away for 3 days this week, penpals expect delayed reply :D I Pmed you though to let you know :hug:

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2012, 11:29:07 PM »
I still totally need to pm a load of you! I will get it done, I swear! :D

I'm glad people are enjoying this!

Offline PeachyPie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • ~*~*Wishlist*~*~
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2012, 05:13:44 AM »
I would love some penpals what want to write, send postcards and anything snail mail.

IRL name: Michelle
Interests: Vegan, ponies, beaches, tea, books, yoga, birds & all things vintage.
Gens collected: G1
Would like to write to: Everyone
Preferred language: English

Sternenstaub

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2012, 10:18:50 AM »
I have 2 penpals from the arena/MLPTP since years anf I can't live without them both!!
When the topic was opened in the old arena I mailed out 2 letters to different people - one person said she'd never erceived a letter - the other never replied .. so I hope that will be a btter start now. :)

I'm happy to ship worldwide.

Does anybody know PostCrossing? I'm a member teher as well and got over 70 postcards in the lst 4 month. :)

IRL name: Jessi (Jessica)

Interests: reading, writting letters, music, my garden, my cats, customizing, ice-skating, baking, my little pony and care bears.

Gens collected: G1 and G3s - as well as customs and a few G4s

Would like to write to: anyone around the world

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2012, 04:13:44 AM »
Hokuspokus, I'm so sorry but I can't find the last letter you sent me. :cry: my house is a vortex. :/ I'm writting another letter to you though, I started tonight. ^.^

Just incase someone else wants to be my penpal. ^.^

IRL name : Tracey
Interests: my little pony, sailor moon, Pokemon the older ones, Anything to do with yoshi, animals, my little pony customizing.

Gens collected: G1, G2 and G4 I like G3 but don't collect many of them.
Would like to write to: anyone! ^_^
~My want list

Water_Fire

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2013, 02:58:04 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm very sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it'd be more sensible than starting a whole new one.

Just wanted to apologise to the people who are waiting for letters from me. It's been months and I'm so, so sorry! I've had several different issues going on and while it's no real excuse, I just haven't been able to devote the time to penpalling. I'm kind of picking myself back up now, so I'm hoping to start writing some letters in the next week or so.

(This is very poor form considering I started the thread!!)

nollilols

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
I'm glad you did resurrect it, what a FANTASTIC idea!! I'm gonna throw my info up here! I LOVE getting (and writing!) letters.

IRL name: Nollaig
Interests: Gaming (console usually), drawing (digital art), all things BBC (Sherlock, Merlin, Dr Who) music, reading and writing book reviews, musicals and the theatre, collecting G1 ponies and MLP Tales, tattoos, nerdfighteria, anime. I basically live on Tumblr. I think that's a good summation XD
Gens collected: G1
Would like to write to: Anyone!

pixieponies

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2013, 04:39:06 PM »
yes thanks for resurecting, i love getting letters (and writing them too)

IRL name: Becky
Interests: horse riding, drawing, music, reading, collecting and customizing MLP and Breyers, tattoos 
Gens collected: G1, G3 and G4
Would like to write to: Anyone
Preferred language: English (though husband can do dutch, german and afrikaans so would be willing to try)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2013, 05:48:47 PM »
im a little reluctant :/ Im in the same boat as Tulagirl xD iv signed up for these 3 different times and everyone's flaked out (except tula of course xD)  I dunno like if anyone was seriously hard core into writing id love to try again. I tend to spoil my penpals maybe and that's why they leave xD i dunno. but i also like writing to people while im on vacation and sending post cards or small souvenirs. it really DOES cheer me up when i can look forward to either replying to a letter or receiving one in the mail lol.

IRL name: Alysha
Interests: drawing/crafts in general, ponies, i love cooking/baking, gardening, i love animals, books/fantasty, sci-fi, mystery/detective. monster high xD and stickers (expect stickers)
Gens collected: G1 babies
Would like to write to: Anyone, though i always love pen pals in different country's, so much to learn.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal