collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Want this Walmart pony display!  (Read 1857 times)

khyron

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Want this Walmart pony display!
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 04:08:56 PM »
I agree with the "it doesn't hurt to ask" sentiment. 

I'd love to get my hands on one of these too....whoo boy, would I ever!

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2012, 04:09:27 PM »
It would make an awesome pony shelf..

Even though I work here, not sure how I'd go about obtaining this. I guess I'll just have to ask.

my boyfirend used to work at Walmart and got displays all the time all he did was ask his manager, or the toy dept. manager or the hasbro rep and he got the display they usealy just throw them out anyway

Offline ringlets_

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 04:29:56 PM »
They are usually fairly plain, but you can get the display boxes/trays that are on the shelves.  It is considered good manners to wait until they are empty or use them to "carry" your purchase.  I've never been stopped at the register except to show that they are empty. 

At my old job, the managers generally didn't care if you took home a display or a display poster as long as you waited until it was to be tossed and took turns on the popular items.  (But of course we didn't have pony displays). The Toy Book magazines would also show up in the break room occasionally.  A have a couple, but only one features ponies (Feb 2004). :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.mlparena.com/gallery2/v/Collections/album105/
http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/ringlets_1
Current pony count 1,101 - 519 G1, 23 G2, 407 G3, 14 G3.5, 139 G4. Plus a lot of duplicates. Also doesn't include blind bags, petites, dream beauties, etc.

xoVanille

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »
Target is the same way. You absolutely cannot have a display if it's copyrighted material. :(

Binny

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 07:34:12 PM »
That's awesome! I like how it's not just the mane six but other random characters as well.

Applesmack

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2012, 08:32:30 PM »
I've been allowed to bring home two MLP: FIM kiosk boxes by bringing them to the checkout with my purchase. I even asked them and they said it waas okay. Is there a difference in response based on which department you ask?

Offline MercuryStar

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Merow?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2012, 08:39:48 PM »
Wow, that is an awesome display!   

That is sad to hear that stores aren't letting people take the big displays/advertising posters anymore.   Back in 2005 or 2006, TRU had poster banners with some of the MLPs available at the time, and I asked if I could have them.  The person I asked took my name and number, and later they called when they were taking them down, and I picked them up, I was so excited.     

Of course, maybe it is a good thing Walmart probably wouldn't let me have that display (if any of ours get it in), I am not sure where I would put it right now, and I am sure my family would kill me!  :lol:

We kill the lights and put on a show/It's all a lie/But you'd never know
The star will shine/And then it will fall/And you will forget it all

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »
I can remember when I was working at Walmart back in High School.  I was really into collecting Marvin the Martian.  They had back to school displays with him on it.  I got to take a couple home and was so excited.  I can't remember what I did with them tho when I sold off my Marvin collection.  I was 17 then, so that was...*does math*...EEP!  Like 13 years ago! D:
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Bucky

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2012, 09:40:32 PM »
It wasn't that display which I would love to have, but the BB Boxes.  I brought it to the checkout and asked if I could keep it, to which the checkout attendant replied "I dunno that's a weird request, I guess so." 

Personally speaking I think it's one of those "right place at the right time" type of scenarios.  Considering the display to be empty is obvious but there's always the mood of the employee and/or corresponding manager.  On a perfect day there should be no reason why taking the display home would be a problem, after all you're basically taking out the trash.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 02:53:13 AM »
I wonder if it has to do with that particular company (like Hasbro) not wanting anyone to use the displays to make their own profit? That would have to be the case, seeing how the displays are completely destroyed after use.

Yup - as mentioned thats why it happens. Its a commercial decision to ensure there brand, their image, their intellectual property if you like is not misused [whether that be through commercial use or sales]. Therefore anything reasonably large like a display will be destroyed. It sounds odd but Hasbro are putting their product into the "hands of a third party" in order to ensure that product and image is not misused they will have in place a destroy or return policy.

Also there is a big difference between an outright display and the box which the blind bags come in. The latter you will should be fine with getting as others have said - its much like keeping the cardboard tray a delivery comes in :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2012, 04:12:54 PM »
The display is really nice. I think it would be great to have too.
I remember when Target had the Celestia display with the lights in it for the Canterlot series I wished I could have it so much. It's a shame they aren't able to give them away or sell them after they are done with them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal