collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fluttershy and Sweetie Belle Train Cars  (Read 3927 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Fluttershy and Sweetie Belle Train Cars
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 02:25:36 PM »
I've never seen either in my area!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 02:34:13 PM »
Gosh ! That is so strange , I can't escape that Sweetie Belle train cart here! Every shop I go in it seems to be there!!!

I think it was a pretty bad call on HASBRO's side launching the carts seperate, and with reissued ponies.
For a start i dont think many people would really want a cart without the train so it's a kind of secondary purchase, and the fact the ponies in there aren't that special either, I think it's a pretty hard sell.

I'm guessing a lot of retailers didn't take them forseeing this problem, and those who did are stuck with a whole lot of stock. :/

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 04:19:46 PM »
I found Sweetie Belle's car at TRU back in June. Still can't find Fluttershy's....

Even though I already bought the $20 train set I plan on buying the $40 one too. I want to combine them and make an even bigger train set. :P

sailorstitch

Yeah, I had fun doing this after I got the big set.  I discovered that the engine does have the power to pull all four cars and cart through the big turns and the straight-aways but it has a hard time through all the switch backs.  You can make the turn arounds bigger by separating the large turn around part with two straight pieces.  That way the length of the train isn't a problem.  You have to have 4 straight pieces which is exactly what you end up with between the big set and one regular set.

Offline Feathermay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 04:39:25 PM »
I found a Sweetie Belle train car today at my TRU...
First one i've seen.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 06:35:32 AM »
Gosh ! That is so strange , I can't escape that Sweetie Belle train cart here! Every shop I go in it seems to be there!!!

I think it was a pretty bad call on HASBRO's side launching the carts seperate, and with reissued ponies.
For a start i dont think many people would really want a cart without the train so it's a kind of secondary purchase, and the fact the ponies in there aren't that special either, I think it's a pretty hard sell.

I'm guessing a lot of retailers didn't take them forseeing this problem, and those who did are stuck with a whole lot of stock. :/

Yes this is a great point - they are kind of redundant without the train. I think Hasbro sold them as "vehicle assortments" though so retailers perhaps thought they were getting more items along the lines of AJs Farm Truck and Rarities carriage. There are a lot of retailers however who stock the carts without also stocking the train which seems odd.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 10:08:15 AM »
 Speak of the devil, I went to TRU today on a whim and they had just gotten in a case of the train cars. Cases have four sets and the ratio is 3 Sweetie Belles to 1 Fluttershy which may explain why some people are seeing a ton of Sweetie Belles but no Fluttershy. I finally have my Fluttershy :accomplished:

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 09:07:32 AM »
@Moonstars- I actually received the wrong item too when I ordered my train set online too though in my case they sent me a Chuggington set  >_<

They have finally sorted things out, and are sending me the correct train set (I hope lol), and when asked about how to ship back the wrong items, they told me to keep them "as a courtesy" since they're under $20. @-@ :) Toys for Tots Pony Joy!

all4fun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 10:51:50 AM »
Speak of the devil, I went to TRU today on a whim and they had just gotten in a case of the train cars. Cases have four sets and the ratio is 3 Sweetie Belles to 1 Fluttershy which may explain why some people are seeing a ton of Sweetie Belles but no Fluttershy. I finally have my Fluttershy :accomplished:

I am new to collecting the ponies and the ways of Hasbro, so excuse my newb question but..why do they pack them like this instead of two of each in a box? Just curious :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 02:38:57 PM »

I am new to collecting the ponies and the ways of Hasbro, so excuse my newb question but..why do they pack them like this instead of two of each in a box? Just curious :)

Its simply what they expect to be the the most popular...because of packing it common for some items to be short packed in larger retail assortments.

Often they correct short packing with later releases - so this assortment may be released again with the opposite weight.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 02:55:25 PM »

Yes this is a great point - they are kind of redundant without the train. I think Hasbro sold them as "vehicle assortments" though so retailers perhaps thought they were getting more items along the lines of AJs Farm Truck and Rarities carriage. There are a lot of retailers however who stock the carts without also stocking the train which seems odd.

DITTO! SWEETIE BELLE IS EVERYWHERE! I counted 26 of them in TRU today :faint:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline agnusdei

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • little lamb
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 03:51:05 PM »
I just saw a bunch of Fluttershy and Sweetie Belle's train cars at TRU last week, which is the first I've found them at all in my area.  I know they've been out in abundance in other parts of the world but it seems they're just showing up now for me in California - ah, good ol' Hasbro distribution!   :P

Also partypony - 26 Sweetie Bell train cars?! How on earth do they even all fit on the shelf?  :lol:  I've never seen more than 5-8 of anything pony in stores before... now I'm imagining a pyramid of Sweetie Bell boxes taking up the whole pony area.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 03:54:20 PM »
They had two rows on the shelf, and 3 rows hanging on those sticky out metal hook things, and they also had them hanging on the section where the (now sold out) wave 5 blind bags were XD
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 08:58:48 PM »
I found mine at the Mall of America for more than they would be in stores.  That was the only way I was going to get them and I am glad I did.  The train cars were a great idea and it's a shame they only lasted for a short time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal