collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: hasbro's pony distribution. g3 v g4  (Read 835 times)

rayechu

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: hasbro's pony distribution. g3 v g4
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 11:39:24 AM »
I don't understand why people are stocking them in the pony aisle though to begin with. Doesn't the box from hasbro say "kiosk pony"? I mean I think it makes it pretty obvious that they intended it to be at a kiosk where people would have a harder time pocketing them. I wonder if maybe a deal to have them displayed in the kiosk fell through. But even so you think they'd end up by the trading cards and filly princess.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 12:09:37 PM »
how about this factor:  are there more physical store to buy ponies at now?  maybe Hasbro puts out the same amount of product (adjusted for population change), but has to spread them out more thinly? because there are more stores that sell?

could that be influencing distribution?

Offline Feathermay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 12:21:32 PM »
Diamond is right - it was JUST LIKE THIS with G3.  We even had another forum called "Ponyfinders" where each state had a board and members could post which towns/cities they had found x ponies at.  :D 
Yup I remember that and the fact that I worked at TRU I used to look things up to post when they where coming in and might be coming out.  I remember when I found the birth flowers in the system how excited we all got.
I wish there was something like this now. It would be nice to have sightings sorted by state.  :sad:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 12:21:49 PM »
If retailers have more stores then they would just up their order with Hasbro but retailers dont always carry the same items in every store as not every store will be suitable or entitled to carry the product. So perhaps some of the not finding product is that not every store will even be getting everything it in to start with.

Certainly in the UK we are seeing more retailers carry ponies than ever used to in the past...Forbidden Planet being a case in point...they would never have permitted a pony past their doors in the past and so far I have seen both brushables and blind bags in there.

As mentioned the whole thing is normal - its what we saw with G3 so I would doubt between them, Hasbro and the will continue the torment of pony collectors the world over :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal