collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What the...? Really? Public Pony Buying Horror Stories  (Read 5883 times)

BabyRainbou

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What the...? Really? Public Pony Buying Horror Stories
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2012, 11:33:08 PM »
Eesh. I didn't know the blind bags were such a liability!

My story takes place back when my town still had a T'R'U, meaning G3's were still out. I was all excited to go look at ponies and get a couple, when this girl working there started trying to verbally shame me out of even looking at them. I was like, 13 at the time. But she was saying things like "That's completely disgraceful.You're too old to be buying these things!" I promptly walked to a checkout and demanded to see the manager.

Water_Fire

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2012, 02:50:53 AM »

My story takes place back when my town still had a T'R'U, meaning G3's were still out. I was all excited to go look at ponies and get a couple, when this girl working there started trying to verbally shame me out of even looking at them. I was like, 13 at the time. But she was saying things like "That's completely disgraceful.You're too old to be buying these things!" I promptly walked to a checkout and demanded to see the manager.

Oh my God, really? What happened? You must have had some nerve to do that as a 13 year old!

popyduggan

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2012, 10:47:24 AM »
I've only ever seen stolen/opened ones at Meijers, though they usually always have some so I guess it's the most likely place.

A few months ago I was seeking FS Applejack at Walgreens and at one of them, there was a 30-40 something lady shopping in between the boys and girl sections(I'm 20 something), so I bide my time looking at the BBs on the sidekick when she calls out to me, "Oh, you want John Cena!? Is that the one you're looking for!?" with a sort of condescending tone(I do have around 300 wrestling figures ironically). I replied, "Oh no, that's okay. Thank you." and that was that.

In retrospect I should've been funnier, like if I slammed her into the shelves and shouted "TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT APPLEJACK!", then she'd be like :shocked: and I would be like :lookround: :bolt:.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:55:36 AM by popyduggan »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2012, 11:13:57 AM »
o.0 People can be so weird...

I has a sad Walmart (not pony) shopping story. I used to bring my own cloth bag into Walmart so the bagger would use that instead of the plastic bags. I used to leave my cloth bag in the cart... well one time I wandered one aisle away and when I came back, all my items were still in the cart but the cloth bag had been swiped! >.< I was quite miffed... I keep my cloth bags in hand, now!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline BeefyDia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2012, 11:24:18 AM »
A shame, really. That's all I can say. To go to that extent just or a few blind bags and some cards? Just shameful. :/

Oh my God, really? What happened? You must have had some nerve to do that as a 13 year old!

Wow. Lucky I've never encountered anything like that :/ Besides, 13 really isn't too old of an age to enjoy ponies, if there should be any such ridiculous age-limits.

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2012, 02:11:49 PM »
Kind of mildly bad, but once some baby Spike dolls were kind of wonkily stacked, so I corrected them before some poor kid got a Spike crashing onto their head. Not sure if it was a customer lazily stuffing them back in or if they were stacked badly in the first place.

Hee hee... sometimes my kids like to rearrange items on shelves.  I've had to re-rearrange them to make sure that a similar problem doesn't happen!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Argentum-Zeena

« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2012, 02:25:40 PM »
The other day I saw my first blind bag theft (well, the results of one). It had been a Lucky Swirl, with only the card and bag left. The jerk even left the card bent in half >:/ I don't understand people like that. Would one BB really break your bank?

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2012, 03:52:35 PM »
Kind of mildly bad, but once some baby Spike dolls were kind of wonkily stacked, so I corrected them before some poor kid got a Spike crashing onto their head. Not sure if it was a customer lazily stuffing them back in or if they were stacked badly in the first place.

Hee hee... sometimes my kids like to rearrange items on shelves.  I've had to re-rearrange them to make sure that a similar problem doesn't happen!

Mine would be the one putting everything back neatly.  Shame she does not do that at home. 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2012, 08:06:42 PM »

Mine would be the one putting everything back neatly.  Shame she does not do that at home. 

Yeah... I have to fight with mine to clean up the toys they messed up at home... but at stores or other people's houses... not a problem at all, lol. 

My daughter almost stole from LW once.  i think she had grabbed something looking at it, and forgot she had it when we left the store (it was a 5cent thing with beads in it... in a super sale bin).  I made her bring it to the lady working and say sorry for taking it.  She was 2 or 3 years old?  She figured it out when we were on our way down to another store at the other end of the mall.  I noticed because she quickly whipped her hands behind her with this look on her face...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

chris..

« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2012, 08:32:26 PM »
I will never see myself stealing pony even i do want a room full of pony lol ^^ princess celestia should send the one stealing to the moon lol

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2012, 08:34:12 PM »
sabathamk sounds like you are a good mom. :)

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2012, 12:29:24 AM »

Wow. What a rotten lady...good for you for standing up for yourself, especially at such a young age! I don't know what I would have done if that had happened to me when I was 13. I probably would have tried to ignore her and then started weeping when she left...
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

QueenGusty

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2012, 01:47:01 AM »

Wow. What a rotten lady...good for you for standing up for yourself, especially at such a young age! I don't know what I would have done if that had happened to me when I was 13. I probably would have tried to ignore her and then started weeping when she left...

I woulda told her to well, you-know-what. Probably with an extremely red face as I'm embarrassed easily. The lady at Argos said to me when I was buying my talking Celly and Cadance "Someone likes ponies!" obviously thinking I had a sprog and I just beamed and went "Yup, it's me." :P

Carrie

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2012, 08:20:20 AM »
lol you guys are brave! I'm one of the "pretends she's buying for nieces" people. XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2012, 09:04:13 AM »
I am the right kind of horror who would confront someone I saw stealing... I haven't worked in full retail (just a charity bookshop) but stealing grinds against every nerve I have. I run a small costume/leatherworking business and if someone were to steal from me I'd come down on them like a ton of bricks. Shaming bricks. With added angry.

So, luckily, I've not seen any busted packages or stolen ponies. Lots of ponies all over the shelves and positioned in every which-way (and I habitually rearrange them), but no stolen ones. Hopefully that won't be a problem where I shop. I've definitely had some 'looks' for shopping for ponies, but I am either dressed a a goth or in my usual shirt/overshirt-tshirt/trousers combo. Not very 'pink'.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal