collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind Bag Collectors ...  (Read 5112 times)

rayechu

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Blind Bag Collectors ...
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2012, 07:57:49 PM »
Wave 1 I split a box with a local friend. I had bought the TRU set so I only needed the others. Unfortunately I am still missing Roseluck and I've not seen her again since.

Wave 3 I've never seen but I bought wave 4 from BBTS. It just came the other day and I sat and opened all the bags and photographed the ponies over the weekend.

Oh and I kept a bag from Wave 1, the insert (with the coverup sticker), and the box!
*oops I forgot to say I have transferred most of my cards into my pony binder, but I've misplaced a few. =/

amylynnamylynn

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2012, 08:26:06 PM »
I used the codes for Wave 1 and 3, but for Wave 4 I want them all so I'll probably grab the whole box :)

And I keep the cards too, I just need a place to put them since they fall off my pony shelf.

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2012, 10:54:46 PM »
i keep the cards, i don't have a spot for them yet, so i throw them in my empty blind bag box. i use the codes all the time. if i don't have the codes then i rely on the little peek hole on the side. but that usually ends up with an employee standing over my shoulder, thinking i'm opening them all to steal them.
i used the codes a couple nights ago to try and find a sparkly applejack, but the guy hid behind the shelf and stared at me, had the "i'm being watched" feeling so i look over and he walks away real fast. but then comes back and asks me "what do you think you're doing?" i explained to him i was just looking for a certain pony and only looking at the codes, but he looked through the box when i left to see if i had opened any. sheesh! after that, i've just kind of let myself get surprised. it bothers me though. i only wanted the males and that darn sparkly applejack! i've wanted her since i saw her on taobao :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rarityfan2011

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2012, 12:55:49 AM »
I always keep the cards too, but did not notice there was codes.

My local toy store has loads of wave 4 blind bags.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2012, 02:53:08 AM »
I order mine online and get a full case of 24 which so far has meant that I get a full set :) I keep the cards but don't do anything with them, they're just stored.

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2012, 03:30:40 AM »
I bought full boxes of waves 3 & 4. I keep the bags and the cards. For wave 1, I got mine from the Toys-R-Us set of 12, e-bay, and as gifts from Welovefine. I got all the ones I wanted and some Euro ones off ebay. The sparkle ones from Europe are different, the colors are different shades than the wave 4 sparkle ones.
Hmm interesting as about half our wave 4 are from a China seller.  Maybe I ought to open that Applejack I garbed by mistake and see if I got Euro's from that seller or USA release ponies.
I'm pretty sure you can tell a euro ponies by the two serial numbers under their hooves. It seems the USA ones only have one serial number. USA Cards have only one line of a sentence with a big picture, while Euro has multiple lines in different languages with a small picture.

(Got this from having the Wave 4 Euro Colts and all of my Wave 4 USA collection)
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2012, 03:39:33 AM »
I've been trying to figure this whole code thing out but without success :P So I'm a "guess" collector - not by choise though XD However, the surprise aspect of it is kinda fun :)

I do keep the cards. I feel it's a nice addition to the collection and it helps me remember their names :P I was thinking of getting one of those trading card binders and put the Blind Bag cards in those :)
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2012, 03:42:52 AM »
I've been trying to figure this whole code thing out but without success :P So I'm a "guess" collector - not by choise though XD However, the surprise aspect of it is kinda fun :)

I do keep the cards. I feel it's a nice addition to the collection and it helps me remember their names :P I was thinking of getting one of those trading card binders and put the Blind Bag cards in those :)
I'm getting the one from Toywiz (the binder). I also just started collecting the FIM Trading Cards by Enterplay. They got alot of interesting Trivia and history on them! Plus, they are awesomely made!

....Still says Pre-Order ships August....AUUUUUGH! :cry:
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2012, 05:01:20 AM »
I bought full boxes of waves 3 & 4. I keep the bags and the cards. For wave 1, I got mine from the Toys-R-Us set of 12, e-bay, and as gifts from Welovefine. I got all the ones I wanted and some Euro ones off ebay. The sparkle ones from Europe are different, the colors are different shades than the wave 4 sparkle ones.
Hmm interesting as about half our wave 4 are from a China seller.  Maybe I ought to open that Applejack I garbed by mistake and see if I got Euro's from that seller or USA release ponies.
I'm pretty sure you can tell a euro ponies by the two serial numbers under their hooves. It seems the USA ones only have one serial number. USA Cards have only one line of a sentence with a big picture, while Euro has multiple lines in different languages with a small picture.

(Got this from having the Wave 4 Euro Colts and all of my Wave 4 USA collection)

Unfortunately the codes under the hooves are not unique enough to separate regions out - as stock is now going all over the place and multiple different blind bag codes for each wave are being found.

However, yes the cards are easy to tell apart as "international" release gets multiple language lines so they can be sold anywhere. Whereas US cards just carry English and hence have a lot more information.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2012, 07:38:05 AM »
I'm trying to collect the bags, cards, and boxes.  Which is driving me nuts.  I can't for the life of me find several of the purple bags except for high prices on ebay.  I also really want the purple box (I have a beat up one with a ripped in half lid). 

Why did I start collecting these?  Why.

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2012, 09:05:42 AM »

I'm getting the one from Toywiz (the binder).

Yeh that's the one I have my eyes on :) However I've orderd from Toywiz two times and both times shipping to Sweden is well... HUGE. I was gonna order 2 Blind Bags from them and shipping was $50ish :faint:
So gonna have to wait untill it pops up for sale on Ebay or here on the Arena and get it with cheaper shipping :)
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2012, 09:21:51 AM »
Wave 1: I used the original 1-24 codes before they changed them. Found all but 2 in the first find. Then had to go through a whole box to find the 2 I was missing so codes do come in handy.
Wave 2: I got a complete set form a Euro seller on E-bay and did not use codes.
Wave 3: I did not have the codes when I first found them and only found 11 , luckily none were doubles. Will use codes to get the rest when I find another box of them.
Wave 4: Found full box with none missing on a shelf and bought it. Checked their codes after purchase.
Wave 5: Do not have yet, will use codes to find.

I always keep the cards. They went from a small card binder to a normal size binder when I got to many to find into the mini binder I had them in. Right now they hang out with my trading cards. When i get the MLP FiM trading Card binder all cards will move into that. I have boxes for wave 1, 2, and 4. I am trying to get a wave 3 box but when I got some of that wave the box they were in was a wave 1 box. I also keep all packages and any insert that come with the blind bags.

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2012, 05:56:39 PM »
Well, I use guess work and the codes...
I need 2 complete sets (one for me and one for my daughter), then my son wants a few of each set.  Only once have I been lucky enough to find a complete set.  Most of the time, there are only a few left.
We have completed what we want from US Waves 1 and 3.  Of US Wave 2, I found a box of 9, then a complete box (at TRU), so I still need 15 to complete my daughter's set, and I *think* my son wants 4 of them.

As for the cards, both my daughter and I place them in a binder, along with the Trading Cards.  My son, well, he just throws them in a drawer in his room!

halicabi

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2012, 06:12:32 PM »

Unfortunately the codes under the hooves are not unique enough to separate regions out - as stock is now going all over the place and multiple different blind bag codes for each wave are being found.

However, yes the cards are easy to tell apart as "international" release gets multiple language lines so they can be sold anywhere. Whereas US cards just carry English and hence have a lot more information.
Ah man and here I was thinking I might finally figure out which region I got with out buying a new Applejack and Fluttershy. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2012, 06:30:52 PM »
Wave 1 I grabbed some at random since I had no idea about the codes. I found all of them by using that TINY little hole at the top!!  I only ever got one double too! I was good. (Quite impressed with this, I am.)

Um. Wave 3 I used codes, but misread one and am still missing Golden Harvest since when they do restock *Poof* gone!

I want to grab at random when I see the blue ones but after that, I will probably use codes again!

I keep the ponies, cards, bags even (thinking of how to recycle them in a fun way!), and I have one box (Wave 3) because it was empty and I thought why not  :) Now they have a place to be.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal