collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Best way to store ponies?  (Read 2506 times)

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to store ponies?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 11:15:38 AM »
I go with tubs and silica packs too.  There was a thread not too long ago about the same thing, and there were some pretty good suggestions there as well!

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299688.msg253359.html#msg253359
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 01:48:17 PM »
I would use acid free bags"the kind for comic books" for very long storage, I am not sure ziplock bags are acid free, I do estate sales and dig around in people's attics and basments looking for stuff,  after a decade or so ziplock bags do one of 2 things
1. they dry up and fall into a million pieces
2.they get sticky and stick to stuff to the point that you can't get them off! not what you want to happen to ponies!
so to be 100 percent safe store them in acid free archival quality bags

Thanks for the great tips, mlpfan.  Also, thanks PhyllieBean for providing the link to the other thread.  I actually did try doing a search before posting this (didn't want to be redundant), but either used the wrong search terms or didn't find quite what I was looking for.  Muchas gracias a todos. 

:good:

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 12:16:58 PM »
I would use acid free bags"the kind for comic books" for very long storage, I am not sure ziplock bags are acid free, I do estate sales and dig around in people's attics and basments looking for stuff,  after a decade or so ziplock bags do one of 2 things
1. they dry up and fall into a million pieces
2.they get sticky and stick to stuff to the point that you can't get them off! not what you want to happen to ponies!
so to be 100 percent safe store them in acid free archival quality bags

Thanks for the great tips, mlpfan.  Also, thanks PhyllieBean for providing the link to the other thread.  I actually did try doing a search before posting this (didn't want to be redundant), but either used the wrong search terms or didn't find quite what I was looking for.  Muchas gracias a todos. 

I totally feel you.  Search hates me!  I have success about 65% of the time with that thing!  Lol!  Plus, I knew I had linked pictures of my tubs in that one, and I was too lazy to pull them all from photobucket again... >_<

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 12:49:54 PM »

I totally feel you.  Search hates me!  I have success about 65% of the time with that thing!  Lol!  Plus, I knew I had linked pictures of my tubs in that one, and I was too lazy to pull them all from photobucket again... >_<

Oh my... I've just now had a look at the photo you provided in the other link, and  :blink:.  Now I know you weren't kidding when you said it was an epic event to find those two ponies for me!  :lol:

~Pony Wish List~

Offline StrawberryReef

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberryreef.com
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 10:54:28 AM »
I use underbed storage bins that have wheels and are stackable.  I also sort them by pose and stand them side by side and I can fit quite a bit in.

Here's some pics...

Single MIB G3s fit good too...

For larger MIB and playsets, I use larger bins...

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 04:01:57 AM »
StrawberryReef, wow.... that's an impressive amount of G3s!!  I could probably fit my entire collection into two of those underbed storage containers.  ^.^

Out of curiosity, are you also the owner of the website with the same name?

~Pony Wish List~

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 08:49:20 PM »
I hate having to use a 30 gallon tub the way I do, but in my apartment I don't have room to display my collection.  Some of my ponies are in bags, but I have not punched holes in them yet.  I did that so those with "sticky plastic" don't get all over the other ponies.  Someday I would love to show them off, but I will have to wait.  Hope you find a way to keep them all safe.

Offline StrawberryReef

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 09:14:30 PM »
StrawberryReef, wow.... that's an impressive amount of G3s!!  I could probably fit my entire collection into two of those underbed storage containers.  ^.^

Thank you!  And yes, I am the owner of the website too :)

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 06:54:06 AM »

Awesome!  Well, I'm sure you've heard it loads of times, but it's a great website.  I use it all the time to figure out what G3 I've just won in a lot, lol.  There are so many, it's hard to keep track!  Would you mind if I used info. from your site when listing any extra G3s or G2s on eBay and then provide a link to your website in the description? (provided I'm allowed to do that, of course... I don't know all the rules) 

~Pony Wish List~

Offline StrawberryReef

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 07:32:38 PM »

Awesome!  Well, I'm sure you've heard it loads of times, but it's a great website.  I use it all the time to figure out what G3 I've just won in a lot, lol.  There are so many, it's hard to keep track!  Would you mind if I used info. from your site when listing any extra G3s or G2s on eBay and then provide a link to your website in the description? (provided I'm allowed to do that, of course... I don't know all the rules) 

Thank you :) I have no problem with you using info with or without a link, but please don't use the pictures since most were donated by other members. 

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 02:36:51 PM »

Thank you :) I have no problem with you using info with or without a link, but please don't use the pictures since most were donated by other members.

Absolutely no problem.  Like I said, it's for reference only.  If I'm selling a G3 or a G2, I take pictures of the actual pony I'm selling otherwise it would be false advertising.  The only time I use pictures (from any website) is if I'm linking to something or using a photo as a pin on Pinterest, but since both link back to the original page, there shouldn't be anything to worry about, right?

~Pony Wish List~

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 06:21:23 PM »
I use underbed storage bins that have wheels and are stackable.  I also sort them by pose and stand them side by side and I can fit quite a bit in.

Here's some pics...

Single MIB G3s fit good too...

For larger MIB and playsets, I use larger bins...

nice collection! just watch that sun! it will fade them fast
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal