collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Faded pink hair! Arghhg.  (Read 1435 times)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Faded pink hair! Arghhg.
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 06:13:14 PM »
you guys would hate me, when I got my partially deflocked SS twilight with only slightly faded hair I put her in the sun on purpose to make it all the way white. I like her SO much better white VS pink.

I can understand that. I was looking on eBay to replace my childhood Up Up and Away, thinking, "I should look for one that's still pink, I don't think she'd look very cute with white hair."
Finds a UUaA with white hair.
"No, she isn't cute.
She's beautiful."

I'm happy with them having white hair, because some of them look better with it (my grotty Wind Whistler is gonna look great as a whitey once she'd deflocked!) and because, frankly, one they're faded, you don't have to worry about it ever again!
I'll put something here some time

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 09:59:39 PM »
Just checking:  Indirect sunlight won't fade pony hair though, will it?  My pony room is fairly bright, but I keep them out of direct light.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 12:12:08 PM »
Just checking:  Indirect sunlight won't fade pony hair though, will it?  My pony room is fairly bright, but I keep them out of direct light.

It depends on how much sunlight and how indirect it is - i.e. are the ponies completely in shadow or do they get the odd filter or ray of sunlight. Think of it as sitting under a parasol on the beach - if you are in the complete shade you wont get a tan but if the sunlight sneaks in around the edges of that parasol then that part of your body it reaches will bronze.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 01:06:13 PM »
I spent about $40 on special window coversfor my pony room.
Worth every freaking penny!
The decals block out 98% of UVA and UVB rays.
I had pony fading issues before getting them, not a single problem since!
<3

Ohh! That's good to know, I had read before that sometimes they don't work (different qualities of protection, etc.) so it makes me nervous about spending the money...

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 04:54:03 PM »
I've gotten picky too. I'd prefer to have fading pink hair at least somewhat pink. The best example I have is a Fancy Flower with a brilliant pink tail (her mane was completely faded though!)

I'm okay with repinking but my success is sporadic at best. Those who have read Saddled With You know my NSS Wind Whistler's repinking job is a bit off, for example. But I recently repinked a Sunspot's tail (her mane was fine), and a Hippity Hop and they look quite nice. I wish I knew what I did right!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal