collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let me see ... Your American Girl Dolls!  (Read 2240 times)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Let me see ... Your American Girl Dolls!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 11:04:53 AM »
Saaammme. Josefina was always my favorite. I'm sad they've discontinued her from the looks of things.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 11:14:09 AM »
Saaammme. Josefina was always my favorite. I'm sad they've discontinued her from the looks of things.

You can still buy her in store and online, but they hardly ever make new things for her.   :sad: The more popular dolls get new items and clothing like, 3 times a year (?) while she gets new things about once a year at most. (?)  :huh:
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 07:31:51 PM »
The Archived Girls are:

Samantha & Nellie
Kirsten
Felicity & Elizabeth

Okay and I really miss having my Kaya out and about.  A little pic spam:

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 11:33:10 PM »
I had an AGD when I was a kid.  I had wanted Felicity, but they were so expensive.  Finally, my mom said I could get one, right after Josephina came out.  She was so beautiful and tan and she had earrings!  So I chose her.  Then my mom was given Molly for Christmas, since they had very similar stories.  My sister got one of the newer dolls when she was old enough... I don't know who but she had short blonde hair and freckles.  I got the big brown horse one year too, which was amazing!  I have a Bitty Baby too, she was my favorite actually.  I used to wear her in a little kid carrier and take her to the zoo.  She wore some of my old baby clothes.  Once, my mom was carrying her by her foot and some woman freaked out.  XD

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 05:12:02 AM »
:ninja: I think these are creepy... *runs from fakies*

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 08:40:35 AM »
I need to dig mine out.  I have Samantha, Josephina, and Felicity.  I want to get some more, but $80 each is expensive, so until I can find some relatively cheap, not buying...besides..MH, MLP, GCs, and Breyers are taking up most my money...and customizing takes up the rest, LOL!

I really want Elizabeth....

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 10:54:26 AM »
Wow! Those girls look gorgeous!

My real dilemma is between decideding on getting a Just like you doll, or a Historical doll. I want one that has black hair with bangs, to make character outfits for, but none of the Historical characters have the hair style that I'm looking for. BUT! my main draw to the line is the historical aspect (since Im a huge history fan!! ) its looking like I'm going to end up buying two! For those of you who have both (a JLY or Historical) which do you perfer?

I eager to see some more pictures of your AG's!!  :lovey:

Historical dolls...I don't like the "just like you" ones at all...Pleasant Company started with the historical dolls and that was the main point. :) I love history also and I used to go to AG fashion shows when I was little. I loved getting the craft books for the different AG dolls, which have crafts inspired from their time periods. Even cook books! So several times I had a Felicity tea party (she's my fav) and I made period foods & made crafts she "might have made"! It was just sooo cool. I actually really dislike AG now...I feel like all they care about are the JLY dolls. :/ They even put the historical girls into "the vault" (DISNEY anyone?)...I just feel like they don't give a crap about the historical ones. ): When I first heard about it I went into a RAGE. I really feel like AG helped a lot of people appreciate history. It was really great and the stories showed strong girls even when they had to conform to their time periods.

Mine aren't in any shape for photos (in the closet) but I love Felicity. I also got a Molly, but I never really connected with her. I just liked her accessories. :D I love Felicity, and she's totally hardcore. She wears guy breeches, steals a horse that's being abused and rides it over a fence back to her house all in one night. AWESOME!

I also really like Josefina.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 10:57:11 AM »
You know what I loved most about the AG dolls? (Mostly the Historical ones)
The accessories! OMG I loved those accessories. So cute. So tiny. So interactive!

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 03:42:48 PM »
The accessories! OMG I loved those accessories. So cute. So tiny. So interactive!

I agree! AG makes really high quality accessories.
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 04:00:08 PM »

They DID.  Now most things are either retired, made of plastic, or clumped together so a 3 year old can't inhale the pieces. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline JigglesTheCat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 06:12:50 PM »

They DID.  Now most things are either retired, made of plastic, or clumped together so a 3 year old can't inhale the pieces.

Well, I haven't bought furniture or accessories for years, so you may be right XP

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 06:55:20 PM »

Exactly! All the school accessories were so awesome...and the furniture too, I was never allowed to get any of it because it was too expensive but I wanted it sooo much, and I wanted Penny (Felicity's horse) liek whoa!!

That's so sad to hear the accessories are crap now...but it doesn't surprise me...I just feel like the company has really deviated from where it came from & what made it special... ):

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 12:45:51 PM »
I don't collect AG much anymore, as Mattel's newest strategy is an online game called Inner Star University.  You buy one of the modern dolls, they give you a code and you're supposed to play with your doll avatar online.  :( 

The focus has really drained out of the Historicals, and the 2 most recent releases have most of their collection as "limited edition".  Even though I find New Orleans history from 1824-34 fascinating, and Cecile and Marie-Grace ARE pretty, I just can't bring myself to buy overpriced plastic and paper accessories. 
The Bad Trader List

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 04:31:17 PM »
Does anyone have minis they can show off? :D

This evil thread got me all back into loving AG. As a kid I wanted one so badly, and I vividly remember going through catalogues over and over and over circling things. But even though my parents would spend like $100-200 on Christmas presents, most of which got ditched shortly after Christmas, they refused to buy me one. ): I forgot all about them basically until someone here found one at a thrift store.

Anyways, I signed up to get the catalogues again a little while back and I'm so excited. xD I forgot about the minis until a few days ago and I'm over the moon. There's no way I could get more than one or two normal sized ones (price and size), but I could save up and get all the minis just fine! Though I really want two normal sized ones, one with freckles and Cecile. The Bitty Twins are tempting, but they don't have a redhead period which is upsetting. :/

I'm tempted to try and trade for an AG doll but I doubt what I have would be worth it.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »
they don't have a redhead period which is upsetting. :/
I was so mad about that, and I was flipping through a catalog today and saw that they made some new Just Like Yous... and a few are red heads!  :cheer:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal