collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony lost in the mail- what to do?  (Read 1424 times)

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
Re: Pony lost in the mail- what to do?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 10:41:01 AM »
Post office was no help. The told him they couldn't give him a copy of the receipt or the customs form but they didn't say why and he didn't ask. All they told him was that it was likely held up in customs. I hope that's the case and it shows up soon.

shelti- when you mark Other what do you write out beside it? Also, do packages marked Other make it through customs easier than merchandise packages? I'm just wondering what I can do to make the process better for my buyers while not violating any laws.

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes, everyone!  :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 10:47:42 AM »
Post office was no help. The told him they couldn't give him a copy of the receipt or the customs form but they didn't say why and he didn't ask. All they told him was that it was likely held up in customs. I hope that's the case and it shows up soon.

shelti- when you mark Other what do you write out beside it? Also, do packages marked Other make it through customs easier than merchandise packages? I'm just wondering what I can do to make the process better for my buyers while not violating any laws.

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes, everyone!  :hug:

I always write "Used Horse Figures" in the description, that is the only place you need to write what's in the package besides the quantity.  My Ponies are a Collector Item, not a toy.  So many countries have restrictions on Toys including Italy.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 10:50:37 PM »
I know that the custom's number isn't the tracking number but I still put it into the paypal system (even if I don't ship it by Ebay). I just type it in so it's in there.

I got in that habit when people would ask me for the customs number even though you can't track it.

Good luck. I hope it gets there.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 10:52:21 AM »
Customs might be holding it for payment of a customs fee if it was marked merchandise- they will hold it even if the fee is .30 cents.  When they kept my package to someone it was for a used doll worth less than $20.

The purchaser in my case (from UK)  said that she didn't even get a notice- it was also not at the office that she was expecting.  Sorry I am not being very helpful- it was a while ago and the details are foggy...

I hope it works out!   

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 04:48:14 PM »
RickinPrettyBeats- That's a fantastic idea! I think I'll put it into the Paypal system and pm it to my buyers for good measure XD

shelti- Thanks for the tips!

Galactica- That's good to know! She's going to check with her post office to see if she has anything waiting for her- I hope it didn't end up at a different post office.

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal