collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I think I saw a closet Brony  (Read 5215 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
I think I saw a closet Brony
« on: August 19, 2012, 06:24:20 PM »
I went to Wal-Mart today (and managed to score all 24 wave 4 Bling Bags, eeee!) and while I was in the pony aisle I noticed a boy (he looked about 13 or 14) walking passed the pony aisle about 4 or 5 times. I thought it was kinda strange. I got the Blind Bags and turned down the Disney/board game aisle and then turned back around to show my sister my loot. I passed by the pony aisle when I turned and the boy was now in the pony aisle looking at I think Princess Cadance. I thought maybe he was embarrassed to be seen looking at ponies while someone else was looking at them too? I thought it was kinda cute though and would have been happy to talk to another fan, but didn't want to embarrass him ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Rion

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I think I saw a closet Brony
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 06:29:16 PM »
I actually do that same thing, it probably was a brony. :P

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 06:32:32 PM »
Teehee! Some folks are only okay with coming out of the closet online, 'cause of the anonymity.

I'm shameless. You can see me loudly running through the toy aisles of just about any store, exclaiming my love for ponies and monsters and all that jazz. I mean, yeah, I'm female. I'm also 24 and I'm sure people think I'm a nutter.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 06:45:19 PM »
lol yeah, i feel for em, having to be all secretive and such.  But i mean come on, you can always use the excuse of shopping for a sister or something lol

i am sooooooooo thankful i never really had one of those stages in life where i was overly self conscious ... life is WAY too short for that ... i mean i had one cashier who was rining up my pony merch at walmart say "Wow, there is gonna be one super happy little girl out there today!" i laid on my geekiest smile and looked him square in the eye and said "Yup! and it's me!" and showed him my Derp209 shirt (as i lovingly call the :muffin: Pony hooves/ed-209 crossover shirt from welovefine lol) and he laughed and showed me his wonderwoman tattoo which i then promptly squeed something super hardcore over and wrote down the pullipstyle site to look up the wonder woman pullip lmao

closet bronies are amusing lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 06:46:49 PM »
Sometimes I walk up to moms with their kids browsing the ponies and talk to them. I asked a little girl what her favorite pony was and she said Rainbow Dash. :D

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 06:52:24 PM »
That's adorable! I'm 14 and a girl, and that's exactly how I am, less now because I've been buying for awhile.
 :P
I need to find him. We would make a great lltte brony couple.

LazuliRose

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 06:57:46 PM »
I'm 24 and I happy prance down the aisles at stores squeeling over my pony toys/Pokemon cards/Doctor who stuff/Starwars stuff/take your pick of nerdy stuff ect. 
I always think it's a little sad when people feel they can't express what they love.
Carpe Diem I always say :frolic:

Anyway, good for you letting him shop XD

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 06:59:24 PM »
Aww, it's probably best I didn't start talking MLP with him then :D I would hate to embarrass a fellow pony fan ^.^ I know when I was in my mid-older teens I would make my sister carry MLP, Barbie, and Disney stuff and told her to tell anyone I knew that it was her stuff, lol. So I know the feeling of being a closet collector XD
My Wish List

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 07:39:38 PM »
When I was at Walmart to get the posters, the employee I asksed about them had to find a manager to see if they were free or not. While I was waiting, I saw a guy around my age wearing a Fluttershy "yay" shirt walking around the toy department. I said to my sister, "I bet you he's looking for the posters, too," just as he walked by. I was hoping to maybe start a conversation while I waited, but he kept on walking. I wonder if he was actually looking for something, or if he was just lost.

I have no problem chatting with people in the toy aisles, but I find that I usually just get funny looks from parents with their kids. I feel like most adults just see me and think: She's a teenager so she must be here to cause trouble. Though I could probably pass for twelve if I wanted to!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 07:55:21 PM »
you should see ME in the pony aisle!!!

here I am a 30+ grown man getting a little huffy because there's all these KIDS are in the toy section!!!  :P

no I'm good natured! really!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 07:59:28 PM »
I ran into a girl at the church yard sale who loved ponies, she was happy to know someone else collected them.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 08:14:01 PM »
I used to be like that when I'd get ponies. Now I wear pony shirts all the time and I'm always standing in the pony ilse. I love it when I meet other MLP fans.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline BeefyDia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 09:48:40 PM »
Boohoo, I'm not even a guy but I admit sometimes I feel a little shy walking towards the pony section, while the shopkeepers stare at me >__< Ponies aren't on every teenage girl's interest list XD

Binny

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 02:02:06 AM »
That's kind of cute. If I were male I'd probably be more self conscious about it, but I still have those moments at the register where the woman remarks on "making some little one very happy". XD Actually, I had something cool happen at Target a while back when I got my Cadence set. A guy and girl at the electronics department were holding it for me and when I got there they told me they'd been admiring it, the man seemed especially interested. When they asked who it was for I said me and the reaction was positive. It made me wonder just a little. Would be cool. :P

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 02:34:05 AM »
Aw I can totally relate to him to be honest XD
I have collected ponies my entire life, and I'm now about to turn 26 years old, but I'm STILL abit embarresed to buy ponies :blush:

Even as a kid I would feel embarrased about it O.o And I let my mum go to the register herself and pay while I strolled after slowly pretending not to know her XD
When I was in my mid teens and G3's came out I worked in a toystore and everytime something new came out I put it aside and told my co-workers it was for my cousin XD
These days I do avoid going to the pony section if someone else is standing there. If it's empty I can happily digg through what is there and grab as much as I can carry, but then comes the register and I just always pray the cashier won't make a remark. If they do I usually say it's for someone else :blush:

And just recently actually me and my fiance were out scouting for blind bags and when we found a store that had 14 left I picked 6 which I felt was ok. But he just looked at me and said "We both know you want them all", put the rest in the basket and headed for the register while I tried to stop him and say it would be embarrasing to show up at the register with 14 of those XD He told me to go wait in the car then and he'd pay for it lol.

So I can relate :P And beeing a young guy I bet it feels even more awkward.
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal