collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 43168 times)

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #1095 on: August 31, 2012, 05:51:35 PM »
.*sigh* I was warned.

warnings are hard to heed aren't they?  *pats comfortingly and hands off a lovely doll*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 31, 2012, 05:59:32 PM »
I've only seen DDG singles twice.  Once directly after K-mart's toy reset, and just recently in TRU.  TRU had set up a huge secondary location for MH dolls, so check the perimeter of your TRUs.  You may get lucky:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: August 31, 2012, 05:59:58 PM »
Dang it you guys, I said just one and that would be Robecca. I now have Draulaura and Abbey and I have a steadily growing wish list...*sigh* I was warned.
/hands over some cookies.

At least our Dark Side is nice :3c

YellowCat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1098 on: August 31, 2012, 06:03:05 PM »
Just when I thought I was caught up with MH stuff I find they have a doll case!  NEED!

I always loved Barbie cases when I was little and now they have one for MH and it will be much nicer to store my extra dolls and clothes in instead of the basket and old lunch box I have now.

Offline mlpcrazy

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 31, 2012, 07:27:36 PM »
Ok so it doesn't look like there's any rhyme or reason to the backpack distribution.  I don't know if that's good to know, or more frustrating LOL!  Thanks for all the help! 

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: August 31, 2012, 07:40:40 PM »
I know there's been talk of second way Lagoona being re-released here in September, but how sure is it that she will definitely be released again? She's one of 2 dolls i need to finish my want list, but i don't want to spend online if i don't have to.

Apologize if it's been told already - i went back and read some older posts but I couldn't find out if it was confirmed or not

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 31, 2012, 07:46:43 PM »
I think it's for sure  ^.^ Entertainment Earth lists the wave 9 case (wave 8 is out right now) as having 2x Lagoona and the picture is of her 2.0 version  ^.^

I sooo want a BatLala! :lovey:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1102 on: August 31, 2012, 08:12:11 PM »

I do think popularity has something to do with it. If you look at the majority of releases so far this year, they've included Frankie (the "face" of the line), Draculaura (big fave with the younger crowd), Clawdeen (another fave with the younger crowd, and also series creator Darren Sanders), Ghoulia (extremely popular with older collectors) and Abbey (who seems to be a big hit with both older and younger collectors). To boot, Cleo has the double stigma of being perceived as the "mean girl" and looking less monster-y than the rest of the ghouls. But her lack in the upcoming releases doesn't mean we won't see her in other 2013 lines. Even though there have been a lot of surprises, a lot of releases do follow a sort of pattern.

Based on past releases, I'm guessing that the items we saw leaked (Scaris, new CaM sets, etc.) will be hitting stores in November/December. The holiday season last year had a deluxe (1600) and and a basic (SS), along with the CaMs. This year, it looks like Scaris will encompass both the deluxe and basic release. We'll probably start to see the three big retailer exclusives (Caterine, the Superheroes, and HHM) in 2013.

I'm not anticipating any new signature characters until Spring 2013; last year we had five, spread out over six months. This year, we had four spread over three months. The only signature character that makes sense to me would be Wydona. Last year, we had Operetta as a "surprise" release; after a year's worth of fan speculation/begging, we had her sprung on us unannounced via Facebook.

Come Toyfair, we'll see leaks of the 2013 Spring stuff; probably a few new characters and one or two new lines featuring the older characters. Then promos will start surfacing for the additional lines, which will all filter out throughout the spring and summer. My guess is that a couple of these lines will feature Cleo again, and a good chance of either a Slo-Moe or Heath appearing in a basic line. Hopefully we'll also see a signature Gil, and some 2.0/3.0 dolls.

tl;dr: The handful of lines we've seen leaked are just the tip of the iceberg; there's a good chance we'll be seeing Cleo again later in 2013.

Those are very good points, it is sad that she is not as popular as the rest.  :(

Besides the reasons you mentioned, I stared to notice another one is her hair.

You see I was in a store and they had some wave 2 Cleos and Neferas and two girls came happily when they saw MH boxes.

One grabbed a Nefera and she was very exited and the other girl showed her the Cleo, and was like "how about this one?"  and the first girl said a clear "NO",  this other one  (Nefera) has mush prettier  hair colors.  :huh:

It appears is because she has black hair, and if you think it is not surprise, everyone knows that the blonde and red haired Barbies sell mush better than the black haired ones.  :(

And when you add the fact that of the main girls Draculaura, Frankie and Cleo have black hair then it could get boring for little girls, however Draculaura and Frankie have other colors in it, but Cleo only has colored tinsel, well a few of her releases have a bit of blue but is very few if you compare to other dolls wit two colors.

And now wit the releases of Operetta, Cat twins and Robbecca there are more dolls wit black hair, I'm not complaining of the use of black but is something I have noticed in dolls since I was a  kid that the little girls prefer dolls wit bright or soft colors in the hair.

Maybe if they could add her some yellow streaks on her hair it could help and make her more similar to how she looks in the episodes.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:16:09 PM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 01, 2012, 06:21:03 AM »
I think it's for sure  ^.^ Entertainment Earth lists the wave 9 case (wave 8 is out right now) as having 2x Lagoona and the picture is of her 2.0 version  ^.^

I sooo want a BatLala! :lovey:

When is the release date on her?

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1104 on: September 01, 2012, 06:27:28 AM »
Maybe if they could add her some yellow streaks on her hair it could help and make her more similar to how she looks in the episodes.

I want to see this done! That would be a cool project! Oh, I am getting so many ideas for projects when I don't have $ or time to do them LOL!

Burgundy_Rose

« Reply #1105 on: September 01, 2012, 07:53:58 AM »
Sigh, queued for ages in Argos yesterday and there was no Robecca or Venus. They had Rochelle, Spectra, Draculaura, Cupid and Nefera, so I guess they didn't have a bad range, but still disappointing after waiting that long!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: September 01, 2012, 10:16:53 AM »
Saw more dolls at Wal-mart today, figures there's no Venus or Wave 2 re-releases left, aside from Abbey, I saw more 1600, SS, and a single DDD 3 pack, not my thing, so eh.

I bought 3 blue BBs and talking Cadence instead. :P
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: September 01, 2012, 12:04:52 PM »
The Argos website isn't showing any of the new releases for me at all, are they on shelf in store or am I looking at the wrong place?

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Burgundy_Rose

« Reply #1108 on: September 01, 2012, 12:13:33 PM »
The Argos website isn't showing any of the new releases for me at all, are they on shelf in store or am I looking at the wrong place?

I found them in the new catalogue- they don't seem to be on the website yet for some reason!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: September 01, 2012, 01:11:29 PM »
Oooh I may have to go to Argos tomorrow then...maybe exercise my overdraft a bit! Thanks for the info :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal