collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 43121 times)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2012, 03:25:45 PM »
Haha, I'm not too worried about it. P: Just me ranting randomly about the doll. I'm thinking of picking up Signature Abbey anways. P:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2012, 03:43:20 PM »
I was just thinking while I was experimenting on my sister's GB frankie (also had seepage as it turned out) that dishwashing liquid doesn't work on this stuff...that means it's more persistant than crude oil...I wonder how that could be good and safe o_O

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2012, 03:46:49 PM »
Yeah, the dishwashing liquid only seems to work for the saran oils from manufacturing. It's pretty much useless on seepage.. I'm wondering how safe it is as well, especially considering they're handled by and meant for children. :huh:
It sticks to itself..It sticks to hands..It sticks to everything.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2012, 03:49:47 PM »
I'd be scared to see how it could ruin their clothes when touched to the seeping glue. >,<; ACK, my Lagoona still has her hood on! :(
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2012, 03:54:23 PM »
Is goo off and the other "working" stuff available to get online and ship international. I'm just so scared if one of my dolls get the glue seepage and I won't find anything that can help

Adoptable made by me

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2012, 03:59:31 PM »
Yeah, the dishwashing liquid only seems to work for the saran oils from manufacturing. It's pretty much useless on seepage.. I'm wondering how safe it is as well, especially considering they're handled by and meant for children. :huh:
It sticks to itself..It sticks to hands..It sticks to everything.

That too, while talking to Mattel they assured me that the glue is 100% non toxic. :/

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2012, 04:07:00 PM »
I know for sure that Mötsenböcker’s Lift Off #2 is available at Home Depot/Lowe's but they can't ship that from either store. Goo Gone spray gel & Goof Off are available at both and it can be shipped, but I don't think they ship internationally. Your best bet would be to try to buy either one off Amazon or eBay.. :(
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2012, 04:13:05 PM »
tentatively, i think the baby oil thing may have worked, of course now i have to wash out the oil, but the same can be said for cleaners as well

Offline amenoo

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2012, 04:14:15 PM »
I know for sure that Mötsenböcker’s Lift Off #2 is available at Home Depot/Lowe's but they can't ship that from either store. Goo Gone spray gel & Goof Off are available at both and it can be shipped, but I don't think they ship internationally. Your best bet would be to try to buy either one off Amazon or eBay.. :(

Alright, if everything else fails I just have to ask here then for it

Also the DDG pack doesn't come with stands right? So then I need to buy three stands of ebay since I can't display them otherwise xD We were going to put on shelves on the wall where I could have my collection, but the Plaster wall just didn't want shelves...

And my bookshelf where I display my dolls is full so I have no idea where to put the new ones coming xD

Adoptable made by me

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2012, 04:23:24 PM »
I just bought Venus. I don't see any issues with her hair. Can I use the baby powder thing to prevent seepage?
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »
I had a horrible thrift sale/ large garage sale day.
Thankfully the drive wasn't a waist.  I gave up trying to find Venus and Robecca but they must of just stocked because they had a bunch.
I had no idea they put out a Ghouls Rule Abbey but now I have one she's very sparkly!!  Just out of curiosity do the sparkles rub off or do they stay on pretty good??

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2012, 04:44:42 PM »
As I think more about starting the FB group dedicated to oozing/glue sepage problems, I wonder one thing....would Mattel think of it as "slander" and want to sue?

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2012, 04:47:30 PM »
As I think more about starting the FB group dedicated to oozing/glue sepage problems, I wonder one thing....would Mattel think of it as "slander" and want to sue?

Slander is defined as "a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report", so probably not. Besides, their first step will never be to sue. The first step will be an e-mail telling you to take it down. If you take it down willingly, there will be no further issues.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2012, 04:54:21 PM »
I had a horrible thrift sale/ large garage sale day.
Thankfully the drive wasn't a waist.  I gave up trying to find Venus and Robecca but they must of just stocked because they had a bunch.
I had no idea they put out a Ghouls Rule Abbey but now I have one she's very sparkly!!  Just out of curiosity do the sparkles rub off or do they stay on pretty good??

I personally haven't had any of the sparkles on my GR Abbey come off on me, at all. And I've been fussing with her a lot xD

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2012, 05:26:07 PM »
I haven't noticed any glue seepage on any of my dolls yet, but I'm not too sure I'd realize it unless it was really bad... Some of my ghouls have shiny/faintly greasy hair but nobody feels sticky, so it's fine for now. I'm really glad there's been some success with fixing it when it gets bad though  :huh:

Just did another Walmart trip but nothing interesting and no sign of the DDG 3-pack! They'd moved the MH section now (don't know if you can call that a "reset" really) but there wasn't even a tag for it, so looks like it's gonna be a long wait til they're in Canada...

But you lovely guys are keeping me in dollies, thank goodness!  ^.^ DT2 Clawdeen & Abbey arrived this afternoon and I am so in love with them. Too precious! I hope there'll be more waves of DT in the future (wouldn't DT Spectra be amazing?), I love the line so much. Probably because my favourite thing to do is lounge around in my pajamas all day XD
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal