collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 43430 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #225 on: August 18, 2012, 01:05:42 PM »
Sorry, i can't, don't have time. :huh:
I found it on google images, It's called Clean and Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion, in the blue bottle with a deep purple cap. Cap is upright, not a tube turned the other way, actually it has Salicylic acid in it, checked the label, but nothing has happened to my Nef. All I did was wash it through, didn't leave it on for any amount of time, kept away from faceup and washed out :)

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 18, 2012, 01:13:11 PM »
PC on sig Cleo anyone? :D

If she is full stock I'd say at least 25. Maybe more Aldepends on who is looking for her.

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #227 on: August 18, 2012, 01:20:04 PM »
PC on sig Cleo anyone? :D

If she is full stock I'd say at least 25. Maybe more Aldepends on who is looking for her.

And how about the wave 1 pack with Cleo/Deuce MIB? I've seen one of those on Ebay, it's currently going for $100.. @ _ @

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 18, 2012, 02:10:41 PM »
Hi new thread!

I feel bad about it, but I kinda want to debox my Scarah and Hoodude.. It gets worse every time I look at them. ;_;

OMG me too! but the thought of deboxing them also scares the bajeebus out of me! lol

But she's so pretty with her hair down!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Scarah In Pink by tuneful87, on Flickr

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #229 on: August 18, 2012, 02:15:45 PM »
LOL, I deboxed my Scarah without a second thought. :P I saved the box, though, just in case.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #230 on: August 18, 2012, 02:26:55 PM »
Nice picture Tuney! She looks super pretty. I'm envious of how brave you are.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 18, 2012, 02:31:01 PM »

The way I see it, life is wayyyyy too short to keep dolls or ponies or whatever in boxes! (It would make me so, so sad). I'm the sort of collector who would much rather restore/rehair a rare but beat up item than keep it in its original condition, too!

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 18, 2012, 02:37:13 PM »
I deboxed mine too :) I'm going to rince her hair now. But I'll leave her bangs, because it's awesome! XD And I love playing with Hodude, hes so soft and floppy :3
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #233 on: August 18, 2012, 02:42:12 PM »
The way I see it, life is wayyyyy too short to keep dolls or ponies or whatever in boxes! (It would make me so, so sad). I'm the sort of collector who would much rather restore/rehair a rare but beat up item than keep it in its original condition, too!

:like:

I buy things for me so that I can enjoy them. No way I'm going to keep something in a box thinking about selling it in the future when I'm so busy enjoying it being mine right now. :)

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2012, 02:50:09 PM »
I checked my dolls last night, every single one of my wave 1 dolls except Lagoona and most of my GB dolls all have seepage. It makes me want to break down and cry, it's so frustrating. ow I have to find some Goof off I guess, does this stuff really help, and where do I get it, Wal-Mart? Hardware stores?

Goof Off 2 has been discontinued:(  Products that are somewhat similar can be found near the paint dept, or the hardware sections (not the general cleaning supply areas where you'd find spot removers or bathroom cleansers) of stores like Wal-mart, and K-mart etc.  I've never looked in a hardware store, but that seems like a good place to look too.  Of all the glue removers that have been mentioned, I've only ever seen Goo Gone in store.  I'm not sure if that one is safe though.  As Chi said, some things may seem okay to use at first, but eventually do more harm than good :huh:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2012, 02:50:53 PM »
Wow Tuney she looks AWESOME with her hair down! I still haven't had the guts to brush out Opies victory rolls yet though...she keeps staring at me...they look so messy where she fell over but she just looks at me and I can't do it....yet.... :ninja: Gonna sneak up on her when she's not looking :ninja:

I had no qualms unboxing Scarah and Hoodude straight away - at the end of the day they only cost me as much as a regular doll  plus shipping, but yes I am a little nervous as to other collectors she's worth a lot more. I don't want to inadvertently ruin her as she is so HTF.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline mermaid_splash

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »
Could anyone give me a pc on mib wave one Lagoona and wave one Frankie?  Thanks!

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2012, 03:03:30 PM »

You're right about that! This might sound very silly.. But I actually feel bad for keeping some toys MIB, because it's like they're inside these little plastic prisons. My nephew made this a lot worse due to saying a few things about my :muffin: Pony a while back.. ;_;

However, on the other hand, my dad likes it when I keep things MIB. And while I have no plans of selling my :muffin: Pony and/or Scarah I have these exact feelings:

I am a little nervous as to other collectors she's worth a lot more. I don't want to inadvertently ruin her as she is so HTF.

I feel bad for ''ruining'' something so rare/special.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2012, 03:23:12 PM »
I think if I was able to snag Scarah/Hoodude of Matty (like I had TRIED) I would have no problem opening them up:)  But now that I know there's no way around paying $100 for them, I'm not sure what to do with them when I finally get them :huh:  I still haven't gotten around to opening SDCC Ghoulia.  I had no problem grabbing her for $20 on Matty :rolleyes:

BTW:  Still looking for Scarah.  *points to self*  Gimme!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2012, 03:37:42 PM »
Re-asking this: Would a hair straightener work on an MH doll? Both the saran and nylon hair. Or would that ruin/melt it?

I think if I was able to snag Scarah/Hoodude of Matty (like I had TRIED) I would have no problem opening them up:)  But now that I know there's no way around paying $100 for them, I'm not sure what to do with them when I finally get them :huh:

Yeah they're reaaally expensive.. My dad got mine of Ebay too though, I guess that's why I don't really dare to open it too? Do you think opening an exclusive like Scarah, but keeping her in mint condition and keeping the box would be really bad for her value?

I still haven't gotten around to opening SDCC Ghoulia.  I had no problem grabbing her for $20 on Matty :rolleyes:

Ohhh I love SDCC Ghoulia! Her outfit is great. xD

BTW:  Still looking for Scarah.  *points to self*  Gimme!

Goodluck on your search!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal