collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anthony Bourdain is a brony?  (Read 2603 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Bourdain is a brony?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 01:04:50 PM »
That's awesome XD He probably watches the show with his kids, but is not necessarily a fan or a brony. My dad used to watch Disney movies and even the Barbie movies with me and my sisters! :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 01:10:40 PM »
I suspect I may be the only person left who doesn't automatically think anyone who's familiar with FiM must be a brony.

i'm not sure how to reply to this. In away this makes me think you think it is a negative thing. But lets face it.. how many dad knows their kids favorite characters name, not to mention, knows their favorite shows opening theme(and be able to sing it even that much?)?
Probably any dad that actually spends time with their children... lol

:like: :like: :like:
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Valkohai

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 06:36:47 AM »
im sorry about my emotional responce. It was a bit out of place.

Im not sure how many in Finland look their childrens favorite cartoons but as far as I know, not many. Most dads just drive car so that thier doughters can go for their hobbies and be more active with their sons if they are in to mechanics or hockey or some other "manly" sports. I don't think even my mom knows many names or possibly even titels of cartoons I loved unless they disney. That was only cartoon mom liked to watch.
 And on other note I never had a dad. I never had a grand father and famelys only male, my uncle, drived a car cash at age 24 when I was 12 or something. So I never really had a so called "man modle". My best and only childhood friends dad was abusvie and hit his children and used their support money on himself. So yeah maybe it is because of that I think there is no such thing as a good dad.

But abour Bourdain. I was grately amused by him mentioning it. No other cartoon has been mentioned this much as far as I know. I've not seen interviews from him.. just this certain episode. I also know other people like to post their pony findings here as well. There was a someone who mentioned seeing a pony in some certain drama series and it was a big thing at the time. Times changes though.

well thats that.

I hope you all find it as amusing as I did.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 07:25:21 AM »
I'm glad you're feeling better about it, Valkohai, and that you decided to come back :) I agree with what others have said about this not being a personal attack, but rather a difference of opinions. There have been a couple of instances I can think of where celebrities referenced MLP without being a true 'fan', like when Arena member Sarah-Bee had her Alice Cooper pony custom signed by Alice Cooper himself, and when he saw it, he sang part of the original theme song (that would have been PRICELESS to see!). When Sarah-Bee asked how he knew it, he said it was because he watched it with his kids so much when they were young. Another time I can think of is Deadmau5, a really popular dubstep musician from Toronto wore a Fluttershy "YAY" shirt to one of his performances, and lots of folks were going on about how he's a Brony now. However, he later stated himself that he isn't a Brony, he just thought it would be funny to wear to MLP shirt on his set. It is neat to see celebrities references things we love, though :D It's rough that you didn't have many examples of a good male role model in your life (I didn't either growing up, honestly) but that doesn't mean there aren't outstanding fathers out there who pay close attention to the things that their children love :heart: Thanks for sharing the link, I think it's very cool to see MLP being mentioned more and more in the media.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 04:02:39 PM »
Its always cute and cool to spot a pony reference anywhere - no matter how obscure :)

This is certainly a little different - brony or just a good dad...it doesnt matter he mentioned a pony which is a win for me :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 04:12:44 PM »
I'm glad he mentioned Rainbow Dash, I'd eat her first out of the six...only if I had to of course...or if it was the local custom...because she's a punk.

Just imagine the tangy flavor spectrum of those rainbow ribs.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:16:46 PM by popyduggan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal