collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Delay in TRU Favorites Collection! Ugh! Talked to TRU rep on page 2  (Read 10602 times)

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Delay in TRU Favorites Collection! Ugh! Talked to TRU rep on page 2
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2012, 07:22:46 PM »
This kinda reeks of the problems with pony ponits way back when.

I don't know why Hasbro can't just get it together with preorders. I mean, I know it's not something painfully difficult to organize, but it can't be THAT hard to keep track of your records...can it?
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2012, 08:29:43 PM »
I also got a backorder notice on the collection set. I did however get the white Celestia today.

I'm just going to have to check a few TRU on the way up to the VA Pony Meet this weekend and see if I can find the collector set. If I do find it I an always cancel my order.

What kind of ticks me off is I ordered this item back in July. I thought Pre-order was for a reason now I'm kinda wary on ordering anything from TRU now on Pre-order....cause what is the point if they're arriving in stores before I get what I ordered a month in advance?
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

TurbinePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 08:45:22 PM »
Wow, TRU is going to end up in a situation where they are giving away a bunch of free stuff and people will cancel the backorder of the one at cost. They really did not think this through very well...lol

They seriously need their act in gear... I took your advice and went to Everett and Alderwood TRUs and they had the slot for Favorites collection BUT ALL GONE!!!!!

keikokukien

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2012, 09:14:39 PM »
Isn't this now bordering on a really nasty lawsuit...? You would think PR would try ti fix this...

I work at gamestop and I believe there is an algorithm for determining the number of extra copies of a game we need for in store purposes when compared to the number of preorders. For example, Sleeping Dogs at our store only had about 15the preorders because people didn't think it would be big. We are required by company policy to ensure that the copies preordered are set aside for the customers that reordered and we have the remainder for sale. Typically one copy extra for every 3 preordered. This gives us a good range at the expected hype for a game. We still ran out of extra copies, but that was because not enough people preordered at our store. If tru would do something similar they could come up with the average of extra sets they would need based on the popularity, much like what Hathorcat said. It doesn't make logical sense to offer a Preorder service and not uphold to it. Technically, preorders are a advertised goods and denial of advertised goods when ensuring a product is pretty bad customer service. This is so frustrating...

brittney_rochelle

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 09:59:02 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that the people that pre-ordered aren't getting them FIRST. I just walked in to see if they had Venus McFlytrap (MH doll) or the Princess 3 pack, but there sat the collectors set. And I got it. :/  Thats just dumb Hasbro...

Reverend Strone

« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2012, 10:09:37 PM »
I don't know why Hasbro can't just get it together with preorders. I mean, I know it's not something painfully difficult to organize, but it can't be THAT hard to keep track of your records...can it?

To be fair, I don't think Hasbro is taking pre-orders for this are they?  I was under the impression TRU was taking pre-orders through their site.  Hasbro, as the manufacturer, just makes the stock according to the order TRU places with them, which would have been determined a year ago in all likelihood, when they negotiated this exclusive.  If orders exceed demand, then it's up to TRU to commission more and Hasbro will go make 'em.  That's my understanding of the process anyhow.

Doesn't help me get mine of course!  LOL.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:00:32 PM by Reverend Strone »

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2012, 10:30:53 PM »
Well, I guess this is the last time I'll be ordering from TRU. I went by today to check for any Zecora's in the store, but no such luck :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 07:00:24 AM »
This is insane. It's like they set up a pre-order and then completely went against the purpose of a pre-order, which is to ensure that they have enough interest to stock the product. I think it's been established there's plenty of interest!

I can't help but be suspicious that this is somehow being affected by the BOGO offer. Did too many people order 2 of the product? Did TRU not expect this? Did they decide it was more important to get products to stores than to fulfill people's 'freebies' orders? Oh to be a fly on the wall at the TRU processing locations!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 07:42:38 AM »
I can't help but be suspicious that this is somehow being affected by the BOGO offer. Did too many people order 2 of the product? Did TRU not expect this? Did they decide it was more important to get products to stores than to fulfill people's 'freebies' orders? Oh to be a fly on the wall at the TRU processing locations!
I'm starting to think this is the case. They realized people got a too good a deal and are now trying to back out of honoring it. lawsuit lawsuit lawsuit
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 07:51:53 AM »
I'm starting to think this is the case. They realized people got a too good a deal and are now trying to back out of honoring it. lawsuit lawsuit lawsuit
Sounds similar to the coupon offer they just put out. The $5 off coupon was supposed to be good until today, but they removed it from their Facebook page yesterday. I'd be upset if my preorder got cancelled while other people were picking up the item in store already. Note to self: never preorder from TRU!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Daisysmom

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2012, 08:09:22 AM »
I got an email reply from someone at TRU and she basically just blamed it all on Hasbro.  She wouldn't even take responsibility for the fact that they were the ones that screwed up and just said there was nothing she could do because it was the manufacturer's problem.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2012, 09:01:55 AM »
Uh, it's the manufacturer's problem that YOUR processing centers are shipping stock to stores before fulfilling pre-orders? o_O Yeah, that makes sense TRU...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Flutterblossom

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2012, 09:36:23 AM »
Ugh! I checked my order status for the favorites collection today and it says back ordered! I also got that email too! It's not fair that stores are getting them before pre-orders!  :pullhair: The only reason I pre-ordered was because I knew this was going to be a very popular and HTF item in stores! (and also because of the BOGO). TRU should've known that based off of the amount of pre-orders! I wanted to guarantee that me and my sisters will be getting our sets but I guess not.  :( At least I can look forward to my Zecora coming. :)

Novavelle

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2012, 09:51:58 AM »
Well I got my shipping notices forthe favorites and white Celestia but they last minute back order on zecora I know my tru  has gotten at least 5 of the favorites sets so I might have to go pick up extras for people who missed out.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2012, 09:59:43 AM »
And this is why I don't preorder things at TRU.com. Preordering should mean you get the items before they're available in stores, not after. Thank god I didn't ask my dad to preoder them.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal