collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Delay in TRU Favorites Collection! Ugh! Talked to TRU rep on page 2  (Read 10434 times)

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: Delay in TRU Favorites Collection! Ugh!
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 12:05:42 PM »
I cancelled my order for the Favorites Collection and White Celestia last week after I found Celestia in-store. I feel like I'll get the Favorites Collection quicker if I just stalk my store every week.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BklynStar555

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Wherest art thou, Nightmare Moon????!!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 12:50:05 PM »
Ok, thanks for the input! :) I will probably still be nervous as long as she isn't here. I'm going to check the shelves when I go into the store to pick up Celestia today.

I've heard about kmart pulling stuff like this with cancelling orders, but I've never had this with TRU...I hope everyone gets theirs (including ME!) *hooves crossed*

Reverend Strone

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 01:36:19 PM »
Eek, this is worrying.  I was desperately hoping to secure one fo these sets for my youngest daughter's birthday next week so I have trade buddies in New York, Dallas and Phoenix all looking for me, but so far none have found this set.  If it's going to make it to me in time via international post then I need to find it and have it posted in the next two days. Order delays are a worrying because it suggests their stock levels are low right now, so there's every chance I won't be able to get a set in time.  :(  Pony feathers.  Time to start looking for a plan B gift I think.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 04:42:37 PM »
I just called TRU and the rep said, "If we run out, we run out. There's nothing we can do." WHAAAT? I pre ordered it to insure I would get one! What is the point of pre ordering? :( He said there was an unusually high volume of orders. I think they should have foreseen this. My Little Pony brand and FIM have a HUGE fanbase, plus buy one get one free? Yeah, of course there will be a ton of orders. They should have been more prepared I think.

I would suggest to anyone who has pre ordered to go ahead and buy one if you see it in stores. You can always return it if the other one comes in. This just has me so upset :sad:
My Wish List

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 04:46:04 PM »
I just called TRU and the rep said, "If we run out, we run out. There's nothing we can do." WHAAAT? I pre ordered it to insure I would get one! What is the point of pre ordering? :( He said there was an unusually high volume of orders. I think they should have foreseen this. My Little Pony brand and FIM have a HUGE fanbase, plus buy one get one free? Yeah, of course there will be a ton of orders. They should have been more prepared I think.

I would suggest to anyone who has pre ordered to go ahead and buy one if you see it in stores. You can always return it if the other one comes in. This just has me so upset :sad:

That is highly frustrating!  I thought pre-orders were done so a company could prepare enough of an item that they think is going to be high volume?

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
Re: Delay in TRU Favorites Collection! Ugh! Talked to TRU rep on page 2
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 04:56:46 PM »
That is just BS. They shipped to the stores before fulfilling their pre order obligations....
Per their own policy it states they are to ship the items once the release date hits. Not backorder everyone because they decided to ship to some stores first.

"Pre-Order items are available for purchase on the Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us website in advance of the manufacturer's general public release date. Pre-Order items are shipped directly to you once the stated release date arrives and you will be notified of your order status via email. You will not be charged for any item until it is shipped to you. Expected shipment time for each item will be shown in your cart. Please note, expected shipment times appearing in your cart specify when an item is expected to leave our warehouse, not when it will arrive at its final shipping destination. Release dates may vary based on the manufacturer."

What they are trying to do is make you pay for both items by cancelling your orders and making you go into the stores since there is no more bogo.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 05:04:03 PM »
What they are trying to do is make you pay for both items by cancelling your orders and making you go into the stores since there is no more bogo.

I didn't think of that! They would certainly make more money that way. I bought the favorites set and got white Celestia for free (she's due to be here tomorrow) I wonder how that will affect my order. Will they make me pay for Celestia?
My Wish List

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 05:05:53 PM »
Also by the way this illegal as it is a bait and switch tactic and is a form of fraud.

"Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud, most commonly used in retail sales but also applicable to other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by advertising for a product or service at a low price; second, the customers discover that the advertised good is not available and are "switched" to a costlier product."
elish22 | eBay

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2012, 05:17:59 PM »
Yeah, I heard of people doing that with Beanie Babies back when they were really popular. A store would sell them for like $3 each and after the purchase, they would contact the buyer and say they made a mistake, that the Beanies were really for $6 each.
My Wish List

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 05:22:57 PM »
ahhh figured it out. Those who ordered them on the bogo are receiving emails that only one of the preordered items have been shipped...and it is the free one. They are trying to avoid a mass lawsuit by giving the free item so as not to be hit for fraud.
elish22 | eBay

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2012, 05:31:59 PM »
I just went to TRU today and picked up the Favorites set. I was able to cancel my Favorites Collection preorder over the phone without it affecting the free Celestia which had already shipped, I also did not get charged for any shipping.

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2012, 05:44:55 PM »
Wow, TRU is going to end up in a situation where they are giving away a bunch of free stuff and people will cancel the backorder of the one at cost. They really did not think this through very well...lol

Reverend Strone

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2012, 05:57:03 PM »
I just went to TRU today and picked up the Favorites set.

Argh!  I only wish it were that easy.  :(  Envy! 

Offline elliptacolore

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 07:06:09 PM »
This is so very distressing. I can only get to tru once or twice a week due to my work schedule.

Hopefully Ill find a set or get the one I ordered shipped before the too bad for you 30 days is up. >.<

I'm patient and don't at all mind waiting but not having the peace of mind that I will get them is just out and out wrong.

This is exceedingly unfortunate that they did not properly fulfill the per-orders.

I paid for shipping for both items with my free Celestia.....this is just not an easy situation from any angle.
Pokemon Friend code!

Ellipsis 4742-4669-1315

My Safari is Steel.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2012, 07:17:16 PM »
Well, I saw the favorites collection at TRU today and quickly snagged one with the fewest factory errors. I haven't canceled my order yet; that's promised to my room mate since he can't afford the collection at the moment. Still very frustrated though, and wondering if I'll be getting Zecora or not... :(
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal