collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Check TRU... Zecora has arrived!!  (Read 17358 times)

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Check TRU... Zecora has arrived!!
« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2012, 05:16:37 AM »
Ebay prices are still extreme for Zecora. I am glad she is coming out on toy shelves everywhere and everyone at least gets a shot at retail priced ponies. Saw one woman pick up all four Zecoras on the shelf yesterday. Kinda hard not to say something to people like that when you don't know if they resell or if they pick them up for friends and family.

With the holiday season coming up, I'm excited to see what new ponies come out!
Avvie By Watercolors

Bee-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #301 on: August 25, 2012, 02:40:34 PM »
My pre-order Zecora arrived today while I was at work!

Aside from needing a tiny mane trim and the paint on her back left hoof being a little rubbed, she's fine.

Nothing a little bit of outdoor glossy paint and gloss varnish won't fix.

Hmm... her hair DOES feel a little stiff, almost like Dollyhair nylon hair before I wash and condition it for my custom rehairs. But again, nothing I can't remedy. All new additions to my pony collection ALWAYS get a trip to the pony salon anyway, so Zecora is taking a trip to the bathroom sink.

STILL no Zecora's at the TRU in Rockaway, NJ, though. I'm giving up on that store for new ponies for a while until they're finished with the reconstruction work there.

And maaaan, did it take forever to get someone to answer the phones there. No one picked up the phones until late in the evening yesterday, and the normal answering greeting you hear when calling a TRU didn't even pick up. Going to try the TRU in Livingston instead.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 25, 2012, 03:06:43 PM »
My pre-order came in the mail today ahead of schedule! I'm going to give her to my hubs, since he keeps asking me for her! haha. Never thought I'd hear him wanting one of my ponies!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

APPLBL00M

« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »
My pre-order came in the mail today ahead of schedule! I'm going to give her to my hubs, since he keeps asking me for her! haha. Never thought I'd hear him wanting one of my ponies!
Just got mine too. Looks like a lot of people got her today.

Overall she looks nice but there are a few minor things I noticed.

She has two small white spots on her body, scratches I assume, there is a small gap in the neck, and the edge of the box is slightly bent.

I'm not really worried about it but does anyone else have any minor flaws like this, and is there any way to get the scratches out if I decide to unbox her?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:21:37 PM by APPLBL00M »

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2012, 07:44:58 PM »
My Zecora that I deboxed has uneven plugs. They curve out oddly. I still love her though. :lovey:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2012, 08:37:22 PM »
And maaaan, did it take forever to get someone to answer the phones there. No one picked up the phones until late in the evening yesterday, and the normal answering greeting you hear when calling a TRU didn't even pick up. Going to try the TRU in Livingston instead.
Welcome to my world, even when we another store calls on there inside line some stores do not pick up.

As to flaws not to beat a dead horse and not saying it is okay but she is being sold at a really good cost for what she is, a $10 pony.  Elsewhere a special like this would cost two to three times that amount.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Aquatice

« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2012, 11:13:54 PM »
Mine arrived back at my house today too! :D

Kinda sad though, I'm out at my college dorm until Labor Day weekend when I can pick her up from home. Pushing through this week's gonna be tough! Especially with Isaac bearing down on us!

Offline Oak23

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kd-230692.deviantart.com/
« Reply #307 on: August 26, 2012, 01:24:51 AM »
Can anyone look in Zecora's hair to see what initials/headsculpt she has?

YellowCat

« Reply #308 on: August 26, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »
Went to TRU for Zecora today and all they had were those ponies with giant wigs, several dozen Pinkie Pies and Fluttershys and the train.  Why does distribution in my area have to suck so bad.

This wouldn't be such a big deal except the closest TRU is a 30 min drive from where I live.

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 26, 2012, 03:17:11 PM »
This wouldn't be such a big deal except the closest TRU is a 30 min drive from where I live.

I feel your pain.  We only have one TRU in the entire state... we are the fourth largest state in the nation... for me to drive there from where I live... 8 hours... the closest TRU to me is 5 hours away in Washington... so when I visit a TRU and there isn't anything there, its really disappointing to say the least lol

Binny

« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2012, 05:14:04 PM »
Got her!

Bee-chan

« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2012, 05:58:22 PM »
Welcome to my world, even when we another store calls on there inside line some stores do not pick up.

As to flaws not to beat a dead horse and not saying it is okay but she is being sold at a really good cost for what she is, a $10 pony.  Elsewhere a special like this would cost two to three times that amount.

Oh, I totally agree! $10 is very much a good deal for a collectors piece! Especially for a vinyl toy. Heck, even a simple blank white Kidrobot Munny or Dunny, a SMALL one, starts around $30. STARTS. XP

Offline ShugarGlider

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • NerdyCute
« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2012, 10:23:05 PM »
Darn it, I did not find Zecora at the Toys R Us today D: May try to get her online.

TurbinePony

« Reply #313 on: August 26, 2012, 11:49:18 PM »
Asked my TRU today and one of the leads there said Zecora was completely sold out!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 27, 2012, 07:41:35 AM »
Went to TRU for Zecora today and all they had were those ponies with giant wigs, several dozen Pinkie Pies and Fluttershys and the train. 

Took me a minute to realize when you said "ponies with giant wigs" you didn't mean MLP's haha.

I was like "What is this new pony wig item I haven't heard of yet!?" ^.^;

But then I remembered those new horses in the pony aisle with the interchangeable hair haha. Pony wigs! XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal