collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Check TRU... Zecora has arrived!!  (Read 17352 times)

Aquatice

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Check TRU... Zecora has arrived!!
« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2012, 12:44:56 PM »
Edit: Whoops, didn't look hard enough! Needless to say, got my TRU e-mail as well! :D

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2012, 02:14:52 PM »
I did finally get the email saying my pre-ordered Zecora was on her way, however I want to try and get my hands on at least two more, as Christmas gifts for two friends of mine. If, by some miracle of pancakes, the Rockaway store gets some in Thursdays delivery, I can see if I can get an extra one for you.

If by some miracle that occurs- I would be SO SO SO grateful to you or anyone else- and would definitely not be opposed to having more than one

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 20, 2012, 02:27:58 PM »
I guess the demand for the new ponies is bigger than was expected- or maybe shipping from China is just slow-

I hope I can find a Zecora at some point...

That seems to be the case. Hasbro didn't seem to expect such a high demand for the specialty ponies, especially since they still don't seem to have realized just how big the pony fandom is now, compared to how big it was before FiM. Me thinks they're still over whelmed.

I dunno, I do not think it is as big as we think, yes the show has a large following but not as big as many other toys.  I think it is more an issue of things getting out early and no one wanting to wait for the general releases.

Sometimes I think they lie and don't check (No offense people who may work there) I get the same guy like every time I call and he has a very, oh it's you... yea not yet. 

I doubt it, for the most part there is no reason for us to lie, we do check but like I have said before you guys have been calling for so long and they where not even in the warehouse yet so yeah you are going to keep getting told no.  It takes time for the product to get to the DC (or warehouse if you like) and then get from the DC to the store.   
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 20, 2012, 02:57:51 PM »
I am starting to think the two TRUs next to me aren't going to get them. Would any collector in the St. Louis area be kind enough to pick one up for me if you happen to run across extra? I'd pay you a little extra for your time and troubles. I'd happily meet you wherever you like to pay you and get the pony.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Diamond

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 20, 2012, 04:19:48 PM »
I am starting to think the two TRUs next to me aren't going to get them. Would any collector in the St. Louis area be kind enough to pick one up for me if you happen to run across extra? I'd pay you a little extra for your time and troubles. I'd happily meet you wherever you like to pay you and get the pony.

Dazzle the next time you call ask them to check and see if they are eligible for the item.  If they are not then no they will not get them if they are, there DC might have them in yet. Which if that is the case no the stores will not have them yet.

Bee-chan

« Reply #245 on: August 20, 2012, 04:57:41 PM »
Sometimes I think they lie and don't check (No offense people who may work there) I get the same guy like every time I call and he has a very, oh it's you... yea not yet. 

No, you're right. I used to work at the one in Rockaway, NJ, and I know for a fact that floor managers lied a LOT to our customers when said customers would ask us about the then new PS2's, Tickle Me Elmo, and the new Harry Potter merchandise ( worked there when the first movie came out ). And let's not get into how long it took for a floor manager to get over to help a cashier out...

Offline Diamond

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 20, 2012, 06:32:56 PM »

No, you're right. I used to work at the one in Rockaway, NJ, and I know for a fact that floor managers lied a LOT to our customers when said customers would ask us about the then new PS2's, Tickle Me Elmo, and the new Harry Potter merchandise ( worked there when the first movie came out ). And let's not get into how long it took for a floor manager to get over to help a cashier out...

Funny we never did that, if we did have an item that was scheduled for a certain date and we where not supposed to tell that is one thing but general stuff if we had it we had if we didn't we didn't and told you.  We are not supposed to say something is coming on a truck though cause then if it does not and folks come in they get pissed and we hear about it.  Sometimes though if an item was being called about alot word got round and if we knew we did not have it, yeah it took us no time to tell you know cause a whole bunch of folks had already called about it.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 20, 2012, 07:39:30 PM »
i saw her ysterday whent today and she was gone :(

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 20, 2012, 08:05:07 PM »
My TRU said they were going to get her in tomorrow (like a truck is coming tomorrow and she will be on the shelf before the store opens tomorrow morning). Gonna take the bus to get there, so I just hope the bus journey wouldn't be for nothing and Zecora ain't on the shelf. :( I do want to call beforehand to make sure, but the store employee said that I would be better off going to the store myself and see.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Bee-chan

« Reply #249 on: August 20, 2012, 08:29:17 PM »

Funny we never did that, if we did have an item that was scheduled for a certain date and we where not supposed to tell that is one thing but general stuff if we had it we had if we didn't we didn't and told you.  We are not supposed to say something is coming on a truck though cause then if it does not and folks come in they get pissed and we hear about it.  Sometimes though if an item was being called about alot word got round and if we knew we did not have it, yeah it took us no time to tell you know cause a whole bunch of folks had already called about it.

I think it was just the managers at our store. I've been to other Toys R Us stores before, and had no problem with theirs. I don't know what the problem was with our managers at the time, but they just seemed to have a stick up their rear. ^^; This was a while ago, though, but I still see it when I shop there as a customer. Wondering if it might be head management causing employees deep stress? Anything is possible.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 21, 2012, 03:27:54 AM »
I guess the demand for the new ponies is bigger than was expected- or maybe shipping from China is just slow-

I hope I can find a Zecora at some point...

That seems to be the case. Hasbro didn't seem to expect such a high demand for the specialty ponies, especially since they still don't seem to have realized just how big the pony fandom is now, compared to how big it was before FiM. Me thinks they're still over whelmed.

I dunno, I do not think it is as big as we think, yes the show has a large following but not as big as many other toys.  I think it is more an issue of things getting out early and no one wanting to wait for the general releases.

This makes sense Diamond - after all these sets were only due out 2nd/3rd week in August - which is essentially now - so those that have been getting found for the last 2 to 3 weeks have either been stocked early or not had set dates on their packs obviously and put out on shelf ahead of time.

As much as the items are clearing as soon as they hit shelves it appears, you should remember that this means the item will show out of stock, which in theory means a dispatch centre will send further stock out on the item to the store. We have a whole toy year through until the start of 2013 to get a chance to find and buy her.

This fandom is bigger than pre G4 yes but in comparison to Transformers and GI Joe? No its no where near as large and active - Hasbro and TRU are used to stocking items for adult collectors. The very fact they have created a "collectors series" something we have never seen before with Hasbro in a national retailer for MLP is an indication that TRU know full well there is a fan base to sell it to.

They are a national [although sometimes backwards as Diamond says] retailer - they are not going to run out of a product which makes them money. Could there be a delay until new stock comes in from China after the initial run has been purchased? Yes...but are TRU honestly going to stop stocking an item which clears off its shelves as soon as it hits the stores? Probably not. This item is an exclusive yes but exclusive to a store - never has it been mentioned that it is limited - I think thats perhaps where the worry over her being available for an extended period may come from.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Diamond

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 21, 2012, 08:01:16 AM »
Well said Cat and totally true.  Heck we have had some store exclusives so long they make it to clearance for years. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 21, 2012, 08:28:42 AM »
http://My TRU said they were going to get her in tomorrow (like a truck is coming tomorrow and she will be on the shelf before the store opens tomorrow morning). Gonna take the bus to get there, so I just hope the bus journey wouldn't be for nothing and Zecora ain't on the shelf.  I do want to call beforehand to make sure, but the store employee said that I would be better off going to the store myself and see.
GAA! Good luck!!  And if there should happen to be more than one....  :biggrin:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 21, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »
http://My TRU said they were going to get her in tomorrow (like a truck is coming tomorrow and she will be on the shelf before the store opens tomorrow morning). Gonna take the bus to get there, so I just hope the bus journey wouldn't be for nothing and Zecora ain't on the shelf.  I do want to call beforehand to make sure, but the store employee said that I would be better off going to the store myself and see.
GAA! Good luck!!  And if there should happen to be more than one....  :biggrin:

Thank you! They did indeed have her in, and she was in pony section (was afraid she would have been scattered across the girl sections - it's like that with my TRU's Winx Club section...or should I saw, sections. D:)
I wasn't able to get more than two at the moment (got an extra for one of my great buddies because she was busy at the time and wasn't able to see if Zecora would be there).
When I am back down that way and I see her on the shelf, I'll try to get one for help people out.  :)
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

rayechu

« Reply #254 on: August 21, 2012, 09:09:19 PM »
Still no luck at my TRU. They don't have stickers for Zecora or the favorites set and there was a sticker for blind bags, but no ponies. I guess I'll just have to check later and keep waiting.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal