collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what bodymods do you want?  (Read 3831 times)

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: what bodymods do you want?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 10:58:48 PM »
I have to sets of ear piercings, by gun at Piercing Pagoda because I didn't know better at the time! I've thought of getting more done in my ears, but I've never really gotten around to it, since I need to be able to make myself look "presentable" quickly if I find myself having to rush off to interview someone for a piece.

I told myself that I'd get a phoenix tattoo once I got off my antidepressants, and I'm off them, and I'm green-lit in my head to get it, I just need to figure out location and design.

For people who've been tattooed before, what's the pain like and the cost about? I'm thinking about 5-7" square area for size, color (but nothing too crazy), and in an easily coverable (but still show-offable) location. And I'm thin enough that my bones are close enough in some spots to worry about. I've had someone tell me that it's like cutting yourself with scissors the whole time? But she got a poorly done small tattoo on her foot, so it might be location and the artist having no idea what they're doing.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 11:34:14 PM »
I've always wanted a tattoo of my unicorn on my chest, just above one of my boobs with a little paintbrush in her mouth :) and a set of tiny angel wings on my back, all cartoony and stuff.

I have also wanted a tongue piercing for the longest time, and a small nose stud.

Thats about all, im pretty boring lol

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 11:41:14 PM »
@phekzhen
I honestly wouldn't belive anything anyone told you about tattoo pain even if they are being honest :p from what Iv learned over time, everyone has very difference tolerances, personally I have always had a very very high pain tolerance, Iv broken bones and not even known it lol, when I get tattoos it feel a very heavy vibrating, I dunno it kinda feels like someones going back and forth against my skin with a dull knife, bony areas do hurt a bit more but I guess that's because there is less coushining? Haha but Iv also heard people who say that tattoos on softer parts hurt worse then bony spots.
In the end I think you just have to think about your own level of tolerance.

As far as price, there is no easy set. Tattoo artists are looking at everything from size, how detailed, and even time, it all vertices with the artists. Iv seen people pay more for a smaller peiece just because its so detailed. If you have a picture of what you want take it to a few places and get quotes, be sure to look at their books and pick an artist you feel comfortable with, and not just one who's got the cheapest ink. You'll feel much better in the long run if you take your time. ^^
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 06:56:21 PM »
I really want a tattoo. My dream tattoo is thylacine (Tasmanian tiger) stripes going down my lower back like on the animal.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thylacine for reference.

The problem is I plan to work and maybe live abroad in Japan, either in graphic design or education. While the bad rap around tattoos has gotten better and I may get a pass since I'm a Western foreigner, tattoos still have a negative stigma (they're usually associated with the yakuza, the Japanese mafia.) and some public bath houses don't even allow tattooed people in.

I may have to settle with a small thylacine pawprint.

Duster reference]

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2012, 08:01:27 PM »
I LOVE thylacines!  Aside from hyenas, they're my favorite animal.

Oo that blue dragon looks cool.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2012, 12:35:16 PM »
The problem is I plan to work and maybe live abroad in Japan, either in graphic design or education. While the bad rap around tattoos has gotten better and I may get a pass since I'm a Western foreigner, tattoos still have a negative stigma (they're usually associated with the yakuza, the Japanese mafia.) and some public bath houses don't even allow tattooed people in.

My boyfriend is in Japan, and he stayed at a capsule hotel where they don't let tattooed people stay. They also usually wont let you go to pools or other public places where you show a lot of skin because of the cultural connotations of tattoos (which is funny, when you realize how many Americans love the Japanese style of tattoos, and now Japanese youth are getting a lot of "American" tattoos in the 50s/60s style).

Of course, if you're in America, people will judge you because of your tattoos, too. You'll only be kicked out/not allowed into someplace if your tattoo is obscene and the management doesn't want that sort of stuff in their establishment. Your plan is in a location that should be covered most of the time.

I don't know how often you plan on going to public bathouses, because nudity isn't a big deal in Japanese culture, and most places have a shower, anyways.

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2012, 08:09:25 PM »
If I could afford it, and not suffer repercussions from my job, I would have surgery to have my ears pointed. I've wanted it done since I was a child!

My husband hates tattoos and mods on anyone, so I probably won't get any tats...yet. lol.
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2012, 09:10:35 PM »
I'd like a tat of a black moon on my left shoulder blade, and I'd like more ear piercings. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal