collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello, new fakie!  (Read 1626 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, new fakie!
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2012, 01:44:59 PM »
Even though I love these fakies, I'm always curious how the companies are able to get away with such close copies. I know Hasbro sells the licensing for the bodies, I wonder if it is the same for the artwork on the box.

Alas counterfeit items cross just about every FMCG product in this world...there wont be an attempt make to license the artwork, it will simply be used. Often these companies are on too small [or too remote, i.e. China] for Hasbro to really bother with. It would only be if they made a dent in pony sales or if production was over a larger time frame that they would probably act.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

lisey_baby

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Hello, new fakie!
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2012, 06:39:49 PM »
Even though I love these fakies, I'm always curious how the companies are able to get away with such close copies. I know Hasbro sells the licensing for the bodies, I wonder if it is the same for the artwork on the box.

Alas counterfeit items cross just about every FMCG product in this world...there wont be an attempt make to license the artwork, it will simply be used. Often these companies are on too small [or too remote, i.e. China] for Hasbro to really bother with. It would only be if they made a dent in pony sales or if production was over a larger time frame that they would probably act.

Ah I see, thank you for explaining that for me. Makes sense I guess :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal