collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion Style G4's  (Read 2380 times)

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion Style G4's
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 02:46:41 AM »
I bet some people didn't really get into the whole Fashion Style thing until stores were out of Applejack.

For myself, I really liked Rarity, and eventually bought her (Applejack was not in stores at the time) right before she was sold out completely. Then I decided I wanted Applejack so I had to buy her on ebay right after that. When I started collecting I had told myself, "only the small brushables" but that has just ballooned into every pony.

So yeah, my guess is collectors missed out on them because they didn't collect Fashion Style ponies at the time, or maybe didn't get into the my little pony fandom until recently.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 03:04:33 AM »
When the G4's came around I was waaay out of the ponyloop and had no idea that they were changing the line again. So when I found the new G4 ponies in the stores I was very sceptical and didn't even know which ones were the "main ones" (which I know now is the small brushable ones).
I figured Applejack was a decent size and it was a pony I recognized from the G1's so I figured I'd buy her just because of that and leave the rest cuz I knew nothing about them.
And boy am I glad I did that now XD

I've been able to find all the other Fashion Styles in stores now when I started collecting properly again - except Rarity. My TRU is overflowing with Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle at the moment.

So I guess it's just a distribution issue that makes some of them very hard to find and therefor saught after.

On a side note: If anyone can find FS Rarity in their stores would you mind picking one up for me? :D 
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 07:06:29 AM »
Its not so much that some had limited stock than others - its simply down to 2 factors.

1) They come in waves with AJ and Rarity being the first released. A lot of people perhaps didnt get into G4 or into ponies until after wave 1 was out of stores and being re-stocked with wave 2. Therefore a whole lot of people who are looking for her now will have completely missed the first Fashion wave. Unless you find a store that didnt manage to sell all of its first batches of Fashion Style or who randomly discovered a box/pallet of them in distribution, you wont find FS AJ currently on shelves - you ll only find the current wave which is Pinkie/RD or the Celestia/Luna.

2) Some retailers will not have bought into all waves/sets or even any of the early FiM line - this could be because they were unsure of interest, unsure of the line or simply that it wasnt the time for their toy launch. Therefore by the time they place orders with stockists, the distribution has moved on to wave 2. Remember for Hasbro whether wave 1 or wave 4, for distribution purposes they are all the same product - so they wont allow a retailer to order "wave 1" - they will simply order the "fashion style" and receive whatever the current wave is being stocked.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

popyduggan

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 07:33:33 AM »
Here's a press release for an official word: http://toyfair12.asmzine.com/hasbropr-mlp.php

Just wait a bit and don't pay $100 and you might as well sell one if you have one before the next batch is tangible. If the accessories are different, we might even get a brown hat and Winona this time 'round, I'm not holding  my breath for that though.

I bet in another 6 months, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie will be "so rare", lol.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:35:56 AM by popyduggan »

Gogobinsin

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 08:06:56 AM »
When I first started collecting G4's I didn't know which to buy - I could get a few big ones at £14.99 each or lots of smaller ones for £4.99. I went for the small brushables but now I want a FS Fluttershy cause she's my favourite but I can't find her anywhere :( I saw a RD at an airport a couple of weeks ago but she was the only FS there :P

xoVanille

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 12:03:16 PM »
I had a Rarity, but she had some really awful factory flaws...so I didn't keep her, but I kept the accessories. Now I'm just waiting for the re-releases.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 12:28:32 PM »
I actually found Applejack, with nearly all her accessories, at a Value Village for under $2.  She's super cute and has the best accessories, IMO.  Also found a Pinkie there (with just her dress).
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 12:38:00 PM »
I've never seen an Applejack or Rarity, though I own all 4 of the others.

Sine AJ was a limited release, she's pretty HTF. Can't wait for the re-releases!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 02:17:05 PM »
OMG I can't wait for the releases, the second I see Applejack, Rarity, Twilight and Fluttershy I'm going to stop at nothing to get them! I have all the others (Shining Armor and Cadance on the way from the USA) and I need my MIB collection to be complete! lol

Then I'll keep an eye out for those Design-a-Ponies :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 02:20:30 PM »
I have only seen dash twice! she has been really hard to find. I actually only have AJ, rarity, the canterlot set, and :muffin: Pony. I want dashie!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 02:31:53 PM »
I still need Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Celestia  and Rainbow Dash :)  I had AJ last year (ordered her from Amazon), but then I wasn't that impressed with her or her accessories and ended up donating her before my move because she was common at the time.  Kind of kicking myself now >_<  That was before I really got into collecting the FS ponies.  I'm not going to pay ebay prices to re-buy her though, so I'll just wait for the re-release for her, and hope she has better accessories this time around :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 02:36:00 PM by Daiyuflower »

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 02:34:24 PM »
Actually, come to think of it, I can't find FS Celestia nor Luna anywhere around here. They might have been sold earlier though since I only just started collecting G4's like 3 months ago.
But since every other FS pony except Rarity and Applejack is around in our stores I do have my doubts.
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 02:39:52 PM »
I emailed Hasbro about FS Applejack and they said that she was still in production and still being released in small amounts.  But then again, that was a while ago.  March or something...

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 02:43:10 PM »
I don't buy fashion styles. I like them, but i don't have room for them ^^'

...I will find room for a Ditzy Doo. Eventually.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 02:45:27 PM »
I'm so happy they will be rereleased. I need Rarity!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal