collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anti-MH Blog Post  (Read 9558 times)

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-MH Blog Post
« Reply #345 on: August 30, 2012, 10:42:42 PM »
My parents weren't even that level of crazy conservative, but I rebelled as hard as I could when I was fourteen lol

I think the most was probably closing the bathroom door when we got old enough. Other than that, my parents were good people. Granted, they never allowed me to make mistakes on my own... which is where real life experience and knowledge comes from!

As chill as my parents were growing up... I admit. I moved out, lost my job, got kicked out of my apartment with my roommates ( losers... but so was I! ) and it's taken me several years to mature and grow up to be the responsible person I am now.

I am secretly cheering her daughter rages against the machine when she gets tween/teen and decides what she likes and doesn't like for herself. Give 'em hell!!  :lol:
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 31, 2012, 05:59:47 PM »
That woman rubs me the wrong way. Lying to your child to get your way is just wrong on so many levels. And the use of terms like "slut" and "whore" is just disgusting. Hey lady, I don't dress like a nun, so I guess that makes me a sluy:/
Mattel is better off without her.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

BabyRainbou

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #347 on: September 01, 2012, 12:09:30 AM »
I disapprove of any shaming of women and girls. While I agree that I wouldn't like to see any young girl wearing the same sort of things that the Monster High characters do (Or at least not with those high, high hemlines), I don't see how letting a girl play with the dolls is a problem.

Children don't see the same things adults do in regards to toys, so where one person sees a vile thing, a little kid might see something beautiful. So long as the creators of toys have some kind of moral base (aka Not encouraging unsavory things to children), I don't see why appearances should matter.

I agree that the toy industry is overly obsessed with certain icky aspects, but I think MH's good points outweigh the bad.

Offline gustystarr

• Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 01, 2012, 09:50:48 AM »
I echo what everyone else has said, kids see things diffrently and more innocent, that's part of the beuty of being a child. Stealing away her own childs innocense like this lady did is just beyond me. Now that poor little girl is going to seem so akward to the other chlidren who she may meet and from what I'm hopping is she doen't really understand what her moms saying and just tells her what she wants to hear as alot of this stuff is way over a six year olds head. You just can't really discuss this issue the way this woman did to a kid and expect them to understand it. I really can't belive she'd lie to her kid to terrife her of these dolls. I mean her daugher probably didn't really get the point so when her mom told her they looked like smokers she got all freaked out and I would to if I was six.

The key point of mine is this, childhood is a wonderful time that you only get once, and corrupting it's innocence is a sad thing to do when there still young.

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 01, 2012, 06:48:27 PM »
This is sad real sad because I get some of her views as well as even  agreeing with some of it, but how she talks to her kid about it as well as everyone else is just odd (to me anyways).. She, from what I have read is treating her six year old like a adult in a sense with how she talks to her.. I really don't know whats more disturbing how she gets her point across or the amount of people agreeing with her and supporting her like she does on face book and her blogs.. Is it just me that thinks this or are people going to start to think its ok to talk to your six year old like she does hers?.. It's crazy, just crazy..
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #350 on: September 01, 2012, 07:03:08 PM »
Ok, I'm really late here and I never actually read the post but I have a good understanding of what was in it after reading your guys' replies.
This woman is completely ridiculous.

I played with barbies as a little girl, and it never even crossed my mind that I should "strive to look like" a doll. If some 6 year old is calling herself fat or demanding slutty clothing because of a doll, then it's as simple as throwing it in the goodwill box. Plus, dolls are not to blame if your kid has poor self esteem or is not acting right. A lifeless doll alone is not going to influence anything at all if good morals are taught and the kids are told they are beautiful. I find it absurd that overzealous parents and out of control femi-nazis decide to blame ever possible thing in the world for whatever problem their kids have, wether it be a tv show, a doll, or magazines. Having a thin doll is no different than seeing a girl that's thinner than you at the supermarket. Honestly, if your daughter is dressing like a street walker or develops an eating disorder because of a doll, there has to be another underlying issue.
**I am not trying to insult people with eating disorders**

This whole thing reminds me of the stink caused over the pony, ahem, "Ditzy" (I cringe when her fanon name isn't used). 

Post Merge: September 01, 2012, 07:22:52 PM

Okay, I decided to get off my lazy butt and read the thing. And all it did was make me angry, especially those bone-heading comments. "They look like girls who smoke, honey!" Are you kidding me?? First off, this is doing nothing but teaching your daughter to judge, judge, judge, other girls for what they look like, recoil in disgust if she ever sees a smoker, and is basically installing a "holier than thou" attitude on her daughter! She is taking away her childhood by making sure she starts the drama-filled mentality early by forcing her to wave the "I'm better than you" flag for her mother.

The thing that REALLY irks me is the fact that the comments are praising her for "winning". She did not get the line off the market with her whining and moaning. She did not change anyones opinion except for her daughters by lying to her face by telling her that these dolls smoke, which is the biggest pile of crap ever.

I am so irritated, I cannot believe this woman is allowed to breed.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:22:52 PM by Flutterwonder13 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal