collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 "Fakie" Plush  (Read 5275 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: G4 "Fakie" Plush
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 03:42:23 PM »
I wouldn't really call them fakies myself lol. But this is coming from someone who has known 'bootleg' Pokedolls in her collection. They're cute! Just not hasbro made. What are they going for?

I think anything from $35 to $60 if I remember rightly - some sellers even have a difference in their charges - seems a trifle expensive for fakies but maybe thats just me :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 09:06:20 PM »
The maker of the Target plushies said they were introducing 10" ones later. Maybe this is one of them?
These were on ebay before the 6" ones hit stores.

I noticed though that a member here just posted a brag here that included a Rainbow Dash plush that looks an awful lot like this one here..
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,304331.0.html
So maybe they can tell you where it came from Hathrocat.

I am fairly certain they are boot-leg fakies! I just find it so funny that fakie makers have cottoned on to the popularity before Hasbro lol!

Do you have a picture of the Fluttershy by any chance?
Here's a link to a closed auction of one of the Fluttershy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-My-Little-Pony-Friendship-is-Magic-Fluttershy-Plush-Doll-Horse-Toy-Handmade-/120960241317?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c29cacea5
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 09:14:01 PM »
that is actually nicer than a lot of official plush.  I don't have fakies as a rule, but I'm tempted by that

APPLBL00M

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 09:58:08 PM »
I don't think this is what you would call a "fakie". This is most likely a plushie made by a fan of the FiM show. There are tons of talented plushie makers that have been making these for a while now, one of the most prominent ones being WhiteDove Creations. They're not official nor meant to be knock-offs. They're just made by fans of the show who want decent looking plushies.

By the way, I may have a misunderstanding of the word "fakie". If by anything non-official then, yes, these are technically fakies but I've never heard of them being referred to as such because they aren't knock-offs of existing plushies, they're one of a kind creations.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:02:23 PM by APPLBL00M »

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 12:36:20 AM »
they aren't custom plushies, applebloom.  If you search ebay loads of exactly the same ones (I noticed rainbow dash, fluttershy, doctor whooves and the dragon costume TS and Rarity dressed up in when they were stalking Spike) being sold by different sellers.  They mention them being available in stores, and they mention tags.  The belief is a company has stolen the patterns from custom plushies and are now selling factory made versions.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 04:29:29 AM »
It was me that bought one from eBay :) I was slightly baffled by who made it, the description said it was fan made but also that there were no tags...

Anyway, she is very soft and lovely and she arrived in a very timely manner from the eBay seller. She is reasonably expensive but then again a lot cheaper than any of the fan-made ones. *shrugs* It doesn't really bother me what she is, I like her.

I hope she isn't full of nasty stuff, but I don't imagine she would be. I certainly haven't been poked with a needle!

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 05:08:43 AM »
that is actually nicer than a lot of official plush.  I don't have fakies as a rule, but I'm tempted by that

this, I think she's great :D

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 05:53:00 AM »
Does anyone have any idea how many there are, and who they are?  I can definitely identify some, but there are others that look similar, but then when you go to the auction it says they're hand made customs.  *shrug*

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 07:12:13 AM »
The maker of the Target plushies said they were introducing 10" ones later. Maybe this is one of them?
These were on ebay before the 6" ones hit stores.

I noticed though that a member here just posted a brag here that included a Rainbow Dash plush that looks an awful lot like this one here..
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,304331.0.html
So maybe they can tell you where it came from Hathrocat.

I am fairly certain they are boot-leg fakies! I just find it so funny that fakie makers have cottoned on to the popularity before Hasbro lol!

Do you have a picture of the Fluttershy by any chance?
Here's a link to a closed auction of one of the Fluttershy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-My-Little-Pony-Friendship-is-Magic-Fluttershy-Plush-Doll-Horse-Toy-Handmade-/120960241317?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c29cacea5

thanks Brandi!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 07:39:53 AM »
If they are legit fakies, they are WAY better than hasbros!
This haha. :>
LEARN FROM THIS, HASBRO! xD
The only one that is 100% spot-on is Crackle, tho. :>
Still, they are a bit too expensive for items to order on ebay and from China. Customs would come and get very angry at me for that. LOL.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:42:54 AM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 08:01:33 AM »
Still, they are a bit too expensive for items to order on ebay and from China. Customs would come and get very angry at me for that. LOL.

They aren't all from China.  I wish I could find them here though.  God if they were on taobao, I'd buy all of them and make a bed from them.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2012, 08:03:03 AM »

They aren't all from China.  I wish I could find them here though.  God if they were on taobao, I'd buy all of them and make a bed from them.

But I bet the rest is US-based? :D That wouldn't make much of a difference.. an item that expensive needs to be bought in the EU to avoid any trouble... ^^;

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2012, 08:06:30 AM »
ahh poo! 

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2012, 08:22:36 AM »
Personaly I find the whole thing with these plushies abit odd.

If they were fan-made plushies I'd understand the better quality of them and the price of $30 - $60, but that doesn't explain the vast number of them that there seem to be.

If they were indeed knock-offs or "bootlegs" as you call them, then the number of them makes sense, but it sure doesn't explain the price since - as far as I know - knockoffs or bootleg merchandise is generally alot cheaper than the original items.
Hence why bootleging is so popular especially in China where they can make pretty much identical bags etc. of famous designers for ALOT cheaper than you'd get the original. That's the whole point of bootleging isn't it?

Either way they are cute, but I refuse to get anything that isn't offical. I spend enough money as it is on MLP's that are official. I can't afford starting to get unofficial items aswell XD
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2012, 08:30:36 AM »
I was searching for "luna pony plush" on ebay and I believe I just found a bootleg Luna plush as well.  She's priced at $50 and the seller had 5. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal