collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gamers, what are you playing right now?  (Read 89637 times)

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Gamers, what are you playing right now?
« Reply #585 on: October 19, 2013, 08:44:45 PM »
Pokemon X - It is in my opinion the best Pokemon game out there.  :biggrin:

Offline SALTY5621

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Tastes good in your mouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 26, 2013, 04:14:08 PM »
Pokemon X (who isnt playing these honestly)
Persona 3
Kingdom Hearts 1-DDD

Offline Pandora

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 26, 2013, 04:42:55 PM »
Lord of the Rings Online

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #588 on: October 26, 2013, 09:38:32 PM »
Mario Kart wii! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline mimicsno1fan

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 26, 2013, 10:08:04 PM »
etrian odyssey IV 3ds, fire emblem 3ds, Zelda oracle of seasons and blue dragon on the 360 :)

mimic x x x

PandoraFox

« Reply #590 on: October 26, 2013, 11:23:55 PM »
Dust: An Elysian Tail, Currently.
I've wanted to play it for ages, and since it was recently in a steam sale I could no longer resist.

I'm quite a ways into the game now and I still have random moments where I'm just staring at my screen in awe.
The hand drawn sprites and backgrounds are amazing, it feels like playing a Disney movie. Well given, with rather a bit more monster chopping then usual. The gameplay is just up my alley too, so I'm really enjoying it.
I just still can't quite believe all the art and coding were done by just one person.

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 27, 2013, 11:55:27 AM »
I've wanted to play it for ages, and since it was recently in a steam sale I could no longer resist.

I'm quite a ways into the game now and I still have random moments where I'm just staring at my screen in awe.
The hand drawn sprites and backgrounds are amazing, it feels like playing a Disney movie. Well given, with rather a bit more monster chopping then usual. The gameplay is just up my alley too, so I'm really enjoying it.
I just still can't quite believe all the art and coding were done by just one person.

I've been wanting to get that.  Gameplay-wise, how is it?

Post Merge: October 27, 2013, 12:00:52 PM

I started playing Majora's Mask last night.  It's hard! xD  I feel like I'm having to rush everywhere and can't take the time to wander around.  When I saved and quit a little while ago, I was 5 hours away from the moon falling because it took me so long to find the first temple.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:00:52 PM by Kaeldre »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 27, 2013, 01:03:37 PM »
Lord of the Rings Online

GASP!
What server?

PandoraFox

« Reply #593 on: October 27, 2013, 08:59:04 PM »

I've been wanting to get that.  Gameplay-wise, how is it?

Post Merge: October 27, 2013, 12:00:52 PM

I started playing Majora's Mask last night.  It's hard! xD  I feel like I'm having to rush everywhere and can't take the time to wander around.  When I saved and quit a little while ago, I was 5 hours away from the moon falling because it took me so long to find the first temple.

Are you familiar with the 2d Castlevania games where you get to freely roam around Draculas castle?
It's very close to that. (Actually, there's more then one nod to Castlevania in there, in the form of items and such)
You get to, pretty much, freely roam around the world in 2d platformer style, as Dust searches for his origin, with a little minimap giving you an idea of where you can go. Certain area's will be inaccessible though, until you obtain certain powers. Once you get those you can backtrack to find new areas, or extras. Next to your main quest, which continually updates once you speak with certain people, or hit other criteria, you can take on side quests from people you meet along the way. There's plenty of secrets to be found around the world as well, mostly in the form of treasure chests and the keys to them.

There's plenty of enemies sprinkled around the map, and you fight those with help of your sword skills, and a few magic extra's courtesy of your flying companion. The number of moves is fairly limited compared to some games, and you do start to notice that after a while, but they're easy to get the hang of, and fun to string together. Just don't expect anything incredibly complex.
I quickly found myself rocketing around the screen trailing shimmery death, (the game loves adding effects to any combat move you make) and it looks and feels pretty awesome. Only thing I've found a bit lacking is the boss fights, they're just, not all that interesting in my book, but not really bad either.
Enemies drop items, that you can in turn use to craft yourself new armor and weapon upgrades, bosses often give you companion a new magical projectile, and there's a typical experience system where you level up after a while, and can add some power to your attack or other stats.

All in all I'm having a blast with this game, if games like the 2d Castlevania games are your thing you'll probably enjoy Dust.
On a side note, the voice acting is also surprisingly well done, I really, really love Dusts own voice, and the interactions between Dust and his companion are fun to listen too.

And Majora's time system can be nasty can't it? I've found the best tactic is to figure out where a temple is, stock up on items, then reset to the first day and get there as fast as you can. Once you get your hands on the means to slow, or speed up time, things become a little easier to manage. There's also fun to be had with the time system though, I really loved the side quests that are partially based on knowing where people are during the 3 days, and helping them out. The one that takes place over the course of the full 3 days is darn tricky to manage, but the story behind it really nice.

greymei

« Reply #594 on: October 27, 2013, 10:02:11 PM »
We were playing Guild Wars 2, but I'm starting up a new save for Dragon Age in preparation for Dragon Age:Inquisition next year.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #595 on: October 29, 2013, 10:54:55 AM »
Pokemon X, Batman: Arkham Origins, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and Borderlands 2 (again)

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 29, 2013, 11:02:36 AM »
I'm anxiously waiting the release of Call of Duty Ghost. Comes out Tuesday the 5th. Going to go at midnight and pick it up I think.

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 29, 2013, 11:36:41 AM »
Playing some more Harvest Moon: Animal Parade here lately.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #598 on: October 29, 2013, 10:26:49 PM »
Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Harvest Moon: Animal Parade, & Skylanders: Swap Force

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 30, 2013, 02:02:03 AM »
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal