collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Special Ponies?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
Special Ponies?
« on: July 30, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »
So I was thinking about all the different types of ponies (special ponies) like so-softs, magic message, etc. and I thought what if we came up with special ponies we would like to have.

I mean types that don't exist. You MAKE them up. You could even come up with a special name for the type (you know, baby ponies whose eyes can open and close are called Beddy Bye Eye Ponies).

Be creative. Come up with ponies that, even with modern day tech, could never exist.

This is my list:

1. Crystal-Sparkle ponies: ponies whose bodies are made, or made to look like, from crystal.

2. Ponies whose cutie mark moves around on the pony. Ex: Sky Skimmer's butterfly would "fly" around on her flank. No pop-up, no coming-off-the-pony. I don't have a name for them yet.  >_<

3. Live My Little Ponies! Same size, colors, ect., just alive! :frolic:

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: Special Ponies?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 01:24:47 PM »
3 would rock! LOL

Night Sparkle ponies...   Astronomy based ponies whose stars twinkle and look real.  XD  Theyd be dark, like the night sky.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 01:31:23 PM »
I had a long conversation with a friend about how I'd go about making my own 'ice' ponies, like you outlined in no. 1. One day I will do it... I've no idea how I'd put hair in one though! :S

Also, 3 needs to be a reality. NOW!

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 01:33:58 PM »
I always thought it would be cool if ponies were magical enough to be actually alive too. I could carry around Locket or Forget-Me-Not and they could speak or fly along with me while I go for a walk ^^ I like that idea.

Glass ponies (not real glass, maybe just clear), or clear marbled ponies (like how marbles are swirled on the inside).

Or ponies that are shimmery like abalone shell and also have jewels in their eyes like G2.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 01:35:12 PM »
Space themed ponies ! They would have metallic bodies (think of the hair-do G1s) and have loads of colours on their hair ! All their symbols would have something to do with space and be glittery ! Their symbols and parts of their hair would glow in the dark~ :D Ah, if only...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 03:24:56 PM »
I always thought there should have been more matching baby ponies - i.e. Baby Munchy, Baby Snuzzle, Baby Princess Tiffany, Baby Windy, etc.

But also I would have loved the G1's boy ponies to have a couple of peg and unicorns - surely Thundercloud was meant to be a pegasus and Tornado a Unicorn?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StarDragon

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 03:31:39 PM »
I always thought there should have been more matching baby ponies - i.e. Baby Munchy, Baby Snuzzle, Baby Princess Tiffany, Baby Windy, etc.

But also I would have loved the G1's boy ponies to have a couple of peg and unicorns - surely Thundercloud was meant to be a pegasus and Tornado a Unicorn?

Yes yes!! And more daddy ponies too, like at least a few boys per line. Wouldn't a Dad TE look awesome or what?

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 03:35:12 PM »

Yes yes!! And more daddy ponies too, like at least a few boys per line. Wouldn't a Dad TE look awesome or what?
Oh that would be cool.

For me some transparent like the Breyers, those would be so cool.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 04:14:29 PM »
Hmmmm...

Definitely live ponies.  Or, failing that, ponies that sim living.  There are so many virtual pets out there, from Tamagotchi to Furby and Fur-Real Friends to all the various online and other game thingies (I'm specially thinking Animal Crossing), that surely someone must be able to cobble something of the sort together for a pony.  Imagine a little plush pony, soft enough to cuddle but sturdy enough to stand, that would yawn upon waking up, ask to be fed or groomed, wish to play or be read to or sung to, etc, etc.  (And with a "pause" switch for those of us who have to have school or day jobs, :lol:)

But if not, hmmm.  I always liked the deer and kirin ponies over on Pony Island.  Ponyfied reindeer for Yule would rock!  And more flutters, with sturdier wings maybe?  Poseable ponies?  Tie-dyed ponies?  Oooo, how 'bout ponies with a geode opening for a cutie mark, named after the crystal found within?  Redux G1 ponies of the kinds that have notorious problems (like that propensity for regrind some have, or properly made BBEs that don't rust or look so creepy).  Just redux G1 ponies in general!  More boy ponies!  Ponies made out of wood or leather or other organic materials?  Or, or, or...

Snowglobe ponies, with a whole teeny-tiny ponyville scene inside (like on the belly level) and snow or sparkles and water/glycerine that you can shake up just like a real snowglobe!  Yeah, I like that one best. ^.^  After real, live ponies, that is. :biggrin:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 04:47:41 PM »
Snow globe ponies! Awesome idea!

BeverlysLittlePony2012

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 08:30:52 PM »

Totally agree. What a great idea!

I would so love if my ponies would just come to life. They could tell me is they like their hair the way I have it and if they like who they are standing by on the shelf, lol. I would also like to know what the g1s think of the other gens....how crazy do I sound right now?

Offline StarDragon

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 08:41:53 PM »

Totally agree. What a great idea!

I would so love if my ponies would just come to life. They could tell me is they like their hair the way I have it and if they like who they are standing by on the shelf, lol. I would also like to know what the g1s think of the other gens....how crazy do I sound right now?

Great questions, I would ask them to same thing! Pony gossip, lol

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »
Opal Gleam ponies:  they would have smooth cabochon opal eyes in different opalescent colors and the bodies would be mostly solid super pale colors but with swirls of opalescent patterns all over like a galaxy swirling.  Their hair would be very clear strands in super pale colors with mostly opal white strands.

Deep Sea Ponies:  sea ponies in dark colors with glowing spots on the fins.  Like deep sea fishes! 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:00:40 PM by Marigold »

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 09:31:09 PM »

I would do horrible things for a Baby Munchy. :D Then again, I just love Munchy. I think she would be really cute as a First Tooth baby.

A few months ago, I actually had a dream about a line of sea ponies called "Magic Window Sea Ponies" or something to that effect. They were a little bigger than regular adult sea ponies and they had a little space cut out in their bellies that was sealed off with a transparent piece of plastic. The gimmick was that you had to look through their "window" to see a picture on the inside. The picture would be something water-related of course.

I was actually going to try sculpting these things at the beginning of summer, but never got around to it. Some of the ideas that I had were Swan Lake (pink with a ballet scene picture), Lighthouse (a lighthouse decorated with hearts), Romantic Honeymoon (a sunset over a beach), and a pearl-themed one whose name I can't remember.

Phekzhen

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 09:56:18 PM »
I'm loving the space ideas everyone is putting out. Nebula ponies would be beautiful.

There never seems to be any ponies based on tech! Perhaps a pony who has a twice-as-fancy style symbol that looks like a printed circuit board? LED eyes would be awesome, too.

I'd also like to see ponies with "real" markings, like stars, blazes, socks, etc. I love how Bubbles has a blaze, and it's disappointing that they never did that again. So perhaps they could make realistic ponies like Bonnie first intended.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal