collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can an Ebay seller give you a negative in retaliation?  (Read 2097 times)

Alicat

• Trade Count: (0)
Can an Ebay seller give you a negative in retaliation?
« on: July 30, 2012, 11:59:35 AM »
Hi! I recently won an Ebay auction for used Barbie furniture that I am planning on customizing for MH...

Well, I bid, won, and paid for the auction all within an hour last Sunday, 7/21. About 6pm Central time. the seller is about four hours away from me. The details of the auction are UPS shipping within 3 days. Due between 7/28- 8/01. So, it should have been sent by Wednesday or so. Friday, my notification still was not lit that it was sent.... I Emailed them a short message:

Dear highmecca,

Hello! I was just checking to see if you have shipped this out yet. I know that it is due to arrive any day, so I wanted to see which service you used. Will it be USPS or UPS?

Thanks so much!

No answer all weekend or today, and a notification was attached to the item on Saturday, sent 7/28 via priority. The USPS system only shows "Electronic Shipping Info Received" so far.

So, I am just frustrated that it was not sent when it should have, and they blatently are ignoring my message. So, they will get a negative for communication.  Depending on when it actually shows, they will get a negative for shipping too. They used to be able to retaliate with a negative , can they still?

Thanks!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Can an Ebay seller give you a negative in retaliation?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »
A buyer can leave a negative but a seller can only leave a positive.
They can leave a nasty message in the comment box for the positive but that's it.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 01:20:16 PM »
Hi! I recently won an Ebay auction for used Barbie furniture that I am planning on customizing for MH...

Well, I bid, won, and paid for the auction all within an hour last Sunday, 7/21. About 6pm Central time. the seller is about four hours away from me. The details of the auction are UPS shipping within 3 days. Due between 7/28- 8/01. So, it should have been sent by Wednesday or so. Friday, my notification still was not lit that it was sent.... I Emailed them a short message:

Dear highmecca,

Hello! I was just checking to see if you have shipped this out yet. I know that it is due to arrive any day, so I wanted to see which service you used. Will it be USPS or UPS?

Thanks so much!

No answer all weekend or today, and a notification was attached to the item on Saturday, sent 7/28 via priority. The USPS system only shows "Electronic Shipping Info Received" so far.

So, I am just frustrated that it was not sent when it should have, and they blatently are ignoring my message. So, they will get a negative for communication.  Depending on when it actually shows, they will get a negative for shipping too. They used to be able to retaliate with a negative , can they still?

Thanks!

Sorry you are going through this. There is a positive/neutral/negative for the overall transaction and there are the 5-star ratings for item description, communication, shipping speed, and shipping costs that you can leave as a buyer. Seller can only leave a positive or no feedback.

Sometimes the USPS system is not updated with tracking info until delivery. So even though it shows "Electronic Shipping Info Received"  doesn't mean it hasn't been shipped. This frequently happens to me; the package isn't scanned until it arrives on my doorstop.

Hope your package arrives soon!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Moondancer115

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »
I should not worry to much because I received a package 1.5 week ago from the US and it still only says "Electronic Shipping Info Received".
This also happend with a other package from the US. They are really bad at updating the track and trace it is really a shame!

Alicat

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 01:52:08 PM »
thanks ya'll!! I will wait until Wednesday to see if it arrives on time. I know all about USPS's slow updating, lol!

I feel as a seller, however, you should let your buyer know if you have a problem shipping it on time, just as a courtesy.  Or at least answer their direct email! hah!

we shall see how it goes, but the more detailed feedback will be bad communication for sure!

Moondancer115

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 02:02:36 PM »
thanks ya'll!! I will wait until Wednesday to see if it arrives on time. I know all about USPS's slow updating, lol!

I feel as a seller, however, you should let your buyer know if you have a problem shipping it on time, just as a courtesy.  Or at least answer their direct email! hah!

we shall see how it goes, but the more detailed feedback will be bad communication for sure!

Yes you are right about the replying part. Also if the item was shipped on time at least reply to you question if the item is send.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 02:11:51 PM »

I totally agree. I believe in over communication. Lots of chance to prevent mis-communication. ;)
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 02:54:16 PM »
No worries, a seller can no longer leave negatives.  And if they leave it under a positive it is considered a false negative and you can request ebay to remove it.  As it is not permitted.

Also the star rating you leave is anonymous under their DSR's so they do not know what is left.

I understand it is frustrating that they have not returned your email.  And pretty silly that they did not, it was a pretty simple request. And wouldn't take much to answer.  But if the estimated shipping date is between the 28th and July 1st.  It technically is still on schedule  so I wouldn't worry just yet. And as others have mentioned they are really bad sometimes about scanning packages.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 06:38:30 PM »
A lot of problems could be avoided if people had good communication. It wouldnt have taken much time or effort for your seller to answer your question, and there is nothing wrong with being open about shipping a parcel late. *sigh*   :(   It sounds as though she/he did ship late and was hoping the parcel would arrive in time if they sent it by priority ..and then didnt respond to your message. Or it is still possible that your message didnt go through...
Hopefully your parcel will still arrive on time  in either case, but yes your seller deserves a lower star rating for communication if they deliberatly ignored you. Maybe try sending them one more message and see if they respond to that one?

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 06:51:13 PM »
Not that this means much, but I once had a package that was within an hour away... go to the sorting station in another state, to come back 2 days later and get delivered. 9__9; It was kind of silly. So basically, it might be sent to a sorting station out of the way first. And goodness knows they aren't actually required to scan it at all, until it is dropped off (according to them)-- as it is just delivery confirmation.
I think once my fiance dropped off an ebay package in the same city it was going to be delivered but it still got sent to a sorting station (but a closer one). We were like, durr, as we could of dropped it off faster in person. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:54:13 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Alicat

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 06:20:36 AM »
Hi!!

well, it seems that he/she only printed the shipping label Saturday, and took it to the post office yesterday!!! Even worse!

phht!  well, it says it is due to arrive by the 1st, so, I am still crossing my fingers!

Ringlets, I agree, that is probably what happened!

Thanks again!!

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 06:27:57 AM »
Wow, almost a week before she even printed the label.  :(

She was really pushing the estimated time limit there.  But as Ringlets mentioned a little communication can go along way.  I am sure if she had just let you know there was a delay it would not be an issue.

Best of Luck and let us know when it arrives.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Alicat

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 01:18:07 PM »
hi everyone! Well, I got my package on time, and that is about all... Everything was as the described it, but just tossed in a box and shoved in the mailbox... sigh. She did not even send it until eight days after my purchase, and never did answer my message. I have checked and it all went through.

So, I really want to give her a neutral. no communication, not answering my message, poorly shipped.

What does a neutral do? I am neither happy nor unhappy... so I suppose it is neutral.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 01:44:22 PM »
I would normally say to contact the seller before a neutral or negative is left, but oviously she didn't answer your previous questions.  So that's out the window   :huh:

I think you are being fair and reasonable by leaving a neutral.  She shipped 8 days late, no communication to your concerns and poor packaging.  Maybe it will help her be a little more aware of proper selling etiquette in future transactions.

And to answer your question about neutrals.  Although a neutral is generally considered to be a "faux negative".  It will not affect their score.  It's just that a neutral, nothing lost~nothing gained.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Alicat

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 01:57:56 PM »
Thanks pony lady! I did, and she seemed cool, evening leaving me a positive and " Great transaction", haha!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal