collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it worth selling G3s?  (Read 1444 times)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: Is it worth selling G3s?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 04:51:46 PM »
Yes. And I've bought several g3s at 3-6 on eBay. They do sell. Sometikes its the luck of the draw.I'd be interested in your list of loose and MIB..
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline sillymoosey

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 05:07:38 PM »
Just a thought: perhaps you could sell your more common G3s at a garage sale to avoid having to list them. You could get 2-3 dollars for each pony (or a little more if they're still in the box). A lot of little kids don't really care which generation of pony they're playing with. My daughter and my niece seem to love G3s just as much as G4s and given a choice of which pony to buy, they're just as likely to pick one or the other.

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 06:40:01 PM »
I went to the Ohio Pony Meet this weekend with $100. I told myself 'Naw, I'm not gonna spend $100, I'll burn through like sixty and end up spending the rest on groceries!'. I left with one dollar.

So, yeah. There's a market for ponies, you just gotta find it. If only there were some sort of online community dedicated to pony collectors. I bet you'd find interested parties there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 06:45:51 PM »
I've had good luck selling g3s but at or just below retail ($2-$5 loose, $7 MIB.). Pegasus and unicorns are more popular.  Birth flowers and winters are also very popular.  :)

The only ones I've really had trouble selling are the ones that have been released dozens of times (Rainbow Dash and Pinkie, I'm looking at you.). It does take awhile but there are usually buyers.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 07:03:47 PM »
I'm finding it hard to sell my G3s too! Personally I hope the ones that don't sell now will raise in value once G3s become older/harder to find.

But yes, you will find buyers eventually. Perhaps you could host a raffle here on the Arena or in your community? You might be able to find some pony buyers by listing them on Craigslist, Kijiji, etc too. All the best with your sales!!  :)
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »
Listing here is always a great idea, I mean you have a built in pony community and no ebay fees.  I know we are looking for some to replace ones we opened long ago.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2012, 09:37:46 PM »
I am still looking for many G3, however, I am terrible at remembering their names, so sales post with only a long list of G3 is really putting me off buying. I'd like to have nice photos next to the name of the pony. I also don't like scrolling through photobucket and the like, so slow. Try to sell on here, but have a nice looking thread about your sales.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 01:38:22 AM »
I went to the Ohio Pony Meet this weekend with $100. I told myself 'Naw, I'm not gonna spend $100, I'll burn through like sixty and end up spending the rest on groceries!'. I left with one dollar.

So, yeah. There's a market for ponies, you just gotta find it. If only there were some sort of online community dedicated to pony collectors. I bet you'd find interested parties there.

The arena is dedicated to pony collectors.... People buy and sell here ;)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 01:52:51 AM »
I am still looking for many G3, however, I am terrible at remembering their names, so sales post with only a long list of G3 is really putting me off buying. I'd like to have nice photos next to the name of the pony. I also don't like scrolling through photobucket and the like, so slow. Try to sell on here, but have a nice looking thread about your sales.

I second this! I'm not buying right now, but it always aggravates me to go to a sale topic and not even see group photos. However I don't mind looking at Photobucket for detail photos, as long as the topic has *something*. I'm not going to write off sellers forever if they don't have photos, but I definitely will not be buying from that thread of theirs.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal