collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help me identify my childhood dolls/playsets? WIP, update 1 Aug, kinda Pic Heavy  (Read 994 times)

Offline Candy_Bang

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Have a happy, colourful day! <3
    • View Profile
    • Looking for WaePonies on Facebook?
Hi all!

I am currently working my way through my childhood dolls and would appreciate some help in identifying them and maybe valuing them so they can be rehomed? There are some I'm not likely to part with but the rest will need loving homes. I've also got Barbie and Kelly accessories/playsets that I don't have room for, and extra outfits (some handmade).

I'm still unpacking boxes and still haven't found everyone, but I'll be ready to take pictures soon. There are Barbies, Kens, a Skipper, Kellies/Shellies and Tommies; Tressi; an Ariel and an Odette; Action Men; What's Her Face; Tiny Tears, and various others.

So far I have identified (I think):
Ariel and Her Friends (91)
Pretty Picnic Sindy (91)
Super Talk! Barbie ('94)
Swan Princess Odette and Friends (94)
Sparkle Beach Barbie and Ken ('95?)
Big Brother Ken with waving Tommy ('96)
Pet Doctor Barbie ('96)
Teen Skipper ('97)
Bead Blast Barbie (97) (brunette)
USA Olympic Ice Skater Barbie (97)
Happy Holidays Barbie ('98) (black)

Tiny Steps Shelly (Euro version)
Fireman Tommy
Pool Fun Kelly
Eatin' Fun Kelly
Shelly's Power Wheels (with Tommy)

There's also a Barbie bike, bedroom set, dining set, kitchen set, vet set, and school set, and Shelly/Kelly school set, kitchen set and pink jeep with trailer (that came with black Kelly and Tommy, and I think their outfits were different from the other version, so the jeep might be different too [edit: it's called Power Wheels]). The adult furniture would probably be suitable for Monster High and BJDs. I'm not sure if the Kelly stuff would be suitable for Dals or other small BJDs. Most of the playsets will probably end up in a sales thread once I can tell how complete they still are.

Thanks for any help you can give  ^.^

Update: I've started taking pictures although I'm not finished going through boxes yet (I moved a lot as a kid so everything's muddled).

Let's start with the dolls since there are less accessories to separate. I should say that everybody needs a bath and a trip to the salon. That goes for the clothes too.

I need an ID on this Totsy doll (I think I got her in Africa but she's stamped China) and this 1988 Hasbro doll (I think she's a Sindy, and came with a white plastic 'wicker' picnic basket). I have Sindy's shoes, but I'm not sure which of five pairs that they are... should they be opaque or translucent white high heels, or strappy white flats, or pale pink heels or hot pink heels? (The Totsy doll came with a lot of interchangable earrings and shoes, so she has some footwear too).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I also need an ID on this Simba Steffi Love doll and vintage Tressi doll. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 The blonde is a Simba Toys Steffi Love doll. I think the riding outfit is her original outfit, but I'm unsure. It may be what she's wearing. She's well joined so she could be either a horse-rider or a gymnast. She has an odd diagonal waist so she twists at an angle. Tressi was my mother's and has a button on her stomach. A braid of Tressi's hair can 'grow' or be retracted. I think the dress is handmade; she has a lot of handmade outfits.

What footwear should Sparkle Beach Ken and Barbie have? I think Barbie's shoes here actually belong to Odette. http://candy-bang.deviantart.com/art/Sparkle-Beach-Ken-and-Barbie-95-318196425?q=gallery%3Acandy-bang%2F25955293&qo=13

I need an ID for the 'gymnast' and some clothing info on the vet. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Additional pics are here http://candy-bang.deviantart.com/gallery/ I wrote a bigger description on this pic on my DA if you want more details.

I don't know who the Barbie in pink is. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Left: 1997 (probably) Barbie. I think she came with a Barbie-sized pink music box with a dancer on it that would spin around, and a pink necklace and tiara with holographic silver heart stickers for jewels (need to take a pic of these). She has moulded on ballet slippers. She's currently wearing an outfit (dress, gloves and headband) from a Barbie magazine of similar age. More pictures are here http://candy-bang.deviantart.com/gallery/
Right: 1997 USA Olympic Ice Skater Barbie for 1998 Olympics. Has her scrunchie, brush and, surprisingly, her blades, but I don't know if I still have her medal.

I need an ID on this early 90s (possibly Disney store) TLM Ariel doll and this Swan Princess Odette doll. I don't know if the wedding dress is Ariel's or if the belt is Odette's. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Left: The Little Mermaid Ariel doll with Flounder. Wearing original clam shell bra, dress and white shoes. Her legs are removeable, but I'm unsure where her fabric tail is.
Do this dress and/or belt belong to either doll? I don't remember.
Right: The Swan Princess Odette doll with Speed the tortoise (should have the frog attached but he's wandered off). Stangely, she is marked Swan Lake. I think I was bought her in Woolworths. Original dress, unsure which shoes are hers. Were they silver heels? (If so, I still have them). Additional pics are in my DA gallery, same link as earlier.

I need an ID on this talking Action Man. He may have had a human sized walkie talkie? visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 He had a full body pic in my gallery, but he's next to Super Talk and I can't find her top ><

I've got a few more pics ready to upload (official Barbie clothes, male clothes, Whats Her Face, Moon Buggy (or whatever he's called) Action Man and Happy Holidays Barbie. I'll upload them with the pics I take tomorrow of playsets (and maybe handmade clothes).

Update 1 Aug (about 23 hrs later I guess). I've been stuck with a migraine all day so I couldn't face trying to sort small accessories (or much of anything). Here's a few more pics though.

I need an ID on this boy. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lovely little Barbie toothbrush-cup-holder car. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

First pic of the kitchen. My phone presumeably can't cope with translating shades of Barbie pink acurately. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Fridge, counter with sink and dishwasher, and cooker with oven and microwave. Needs a wipe down like most of the dolls, also seems a bit sunbleached. That can be fixed or the set could be customised. The fridge sticker is probably from Puppy Tales, which was from 97, so this playset might also be from 1997. Other than the ice cream tub that I know goes in the freezer I'm a bit lost with the other small accessories. I had a kitchen, dining, and baking set, so I'm a little bewildered by which knives, plates, food etc go with which set.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 12:24:45 AM by Candy_Bang »
I'm in search of my childhood Princess Serena/ Aquamarine with blue and gold tinsel. Have you seen her? <3

WIP Wish List here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,298148.msg227145.html#msg227145

WaePonies! Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WaePonies

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Help me identify my childhood dolls? WIP
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:06:41 PM »
I'm sure lots of people would be interested in the Barbie furniture for their MH dolls :) Can't wait to see pics!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Candy_Bang

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Bump for update. I should have furniture pics tomorrow Pinkamena :)
I'm in search of my childhood Princess Serena/ Aquamarine with blue and gold tinsel. Have you seen her? <3

WIP Wish List here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,298148.msg227145.html#msg227145

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help me identify my childhood dolls? WIP, update 1 Aug, kinda Pic Heavy
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 02:45:12 PM »
The Swan Princess Odette doll is called "Swan Princess Odette and Friends".  I have her somewhere, her shoes are teal.  She was made by Tyco in 1994.  Jean bob sitting on Speed came with her and so did puffin.

The white wedding dress and belt are not Swan Princess.  I don't even think they are the Little Mermaid either.  I can't see the belt so well but I don't think it is Little Mermaid.  Need a close up picture of the belt. :)

The Little Mermaid doll is also made by Tyco from 1991 I think.  The name of the Ariel doll is called "Ariel and her Friends".  Founder came with her as well as scuttle and sebastian.  She also originally came with her mermaid tail and shell bra.

By the way I love that purple and gold outfit.  I'd love to know what that is from.  I love fakie clothing like that. :)

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Candy_Bang

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Thanks FairyDust, that's really helpful ^_^
The wedding dress may not belong to any doll then, since I had a lot of loose outfits. I just remembered putting Ariel in the wedding dress as a kid.
The belt seems to be the same fabric that part of Odette's dress is made from, but I may have had it before I got her. Maybe it's a choker/ collar for a teddy or dog? I'll try to get a better picture.
Strangely I cannot remember what happened to Puffin or Scuttle. (I'm not even sure I remember having Scuttle, but the box looks familiar so I guess I did.) Sebastian may be around somewhere (maybe hiding with Jean Bob).
Pretty, isn't it? I think it either came with the doll or with the doll's range. It doesn't have any legible markings. It's probably around the same age as Ariel if that's any help  :blush:

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile

Offline Candy_Bang

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Thanks! I know which shoes are hers now  :biggrin: Also, I LOVE your avatar  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal