collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Info on Childhood Toy Horse / Articulated Plastic Horse / not MLP  (Read 2993 times)

Offline juliepinetree

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Info on Childhood Toy Horse / Articulated Plastic Horse / not MLP
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 07:38:53 PM »
I live in the US and I know what you are talking about, but I have no idea of the name.  My brother and I each had one, a white and a black one.  They had plastic hair and the joints were like the barbie one's except where the legs joined the body the went over instead of under.  I'd really like to know what they were too! Oh, and I had this horse in the late 80's maybe early 90's. 

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 07:48:14 PM »
Any chance it was articulated because it walked? I had one when I was little that had 3 or 4 joins in the limbs and the head moved up and down because it walked! It had a cord that attached to it at the shoulder area I think, and at the end of the cord was a remote control (well, I use that term loosely, there was two buttons so she could walk forever or nod her head up and down). She had a long brushable mane and tail.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 01:40:36 AM »
A lot of these horses are way too old to be it. It must have been late 90s and pretty new. It definitely didn't walk on its own, it was just fully poseable.

I don't think I'll ever find it, if only I had a better memory and thought to check for brand marks. There have been a few promising possibilities but none of them have really rung any bells loud and clear. I think my best bet would be to just find a contemporary version, maybe a Liv horse? I can't find any good ones to buy online though.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 07:40:02 AM »
There was one grand champion who was fully articulated, but not poseable, he has a button that you push down to make him jump, otherwise he's in a lovely cantering pose. Sir Galahad is his name, and he looks pretty good if you have him tacked up, without tack he's a bit funny-looking! Might be a possible substitute?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

ChenilleTwist

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »
A shot in the dark here and this might be the wrong horse, but if it's from around late 90's and early 2000's do you suppose it might be one of the horses from the Lord of the Rings horse and riders sets?  It's quite articulated and very realistic, but it also has rubber hair and rubber over the neck area to hide the joints.

Good luck on your search!

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 01:59:55 PM »
Spotted this at the thrift store today, I don't know if it's the horse you're looking for, but got a pic just in case!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 02:11:55 PM »
Lol I'll never know which one it really was, too long ago. But everyone has had really good suggestions and some have been close to ringing bells!
But I totally want that Western Horse now that I've seen it octocorn! rofl  :lol:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal