collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Custom Handmade dress for MH  (Read 444 times)

Offline enchantress41580

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
Custom Handmade dress for MH
« on: July 27, 2012, 09:59:39 PM »
Playing around with making patterns, handsewn just for fun ;) This is my Jem (WIP) modeling an evening gown and lace wrap :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Custom Handmade dress for MH
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 06:51:32 AM »
pretty!! I love the lace shawl! Perfect accessory!

and your custom is awesome!! :D

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 04:14:31 PM »
I know this is meant to be about the dress but OH MY LORD the Jem custom!!!!!!

I want one!  One of each character, I mean :lol:  She is so beautiful.  If you do more of them will you please please please post them.  I'm dying to see more.

I'd love to do some customs of my OTHER obsessions :lookround:  Kingdom Hearts is one of them.  I fear they won't translate to MH well, but SunnieBunny has been working on TMNT/MH dolls and they look great!

Back on topic:  The dress is very pretty, too.  Love the last picture of the shaw over her beautiful hair.  (I really want your doll :blush:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Princess_Luvlee

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 05:35:46 PM »
urs is the first Jem MH custom I've seen (and i have gone searching on several ocassions) soo, OMG~great work: she looks confident & kind

The dress is very pretty & i totes admire that you crafted it. The lace is transformative to that simple shape of dress. It seems too, that it's a great base pattern for shirt & every length of dress, being that it fits the body so well.

psst, absoluv ur site *&* booked it + 1500 posts {confettii congrats}

Offline enchantress41580

• View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 12:26:18 AM »
LOL!! Thanks guys! She will be up on ebay eventually and yes, I do plan on doing all the Jem characters from the cartoon. My next ones will be Rio and Synergy (although I'm dying to do Jetta). I also plan on doing several 80's cartoon characters (have a commish to do Cheetara from Thundercats and Korra from Avatar). I hadn't thought of KoH, but I LOVED LOVED LOVED that video game. Would be fun to see them transition into MH characters...hmm, lol. You should try it!

Right now the only thing keeping me from finishing her is waiting on the fabric for her dress to arrive. I should start working on her fishnets and belt. I'm going to give her red star earrings as well ;)

I hadn't realized I had 1500 posts, I'm quite the gabby one, huh? LOL. Glad you like my site! We'll be getting more hair colors soon and I'm going to be offering pre-orders too ;)

I can post the dress pattern and shawl pattern up on here if ya'll would like. If you visit my facebook page, there's a pattern for Wave 1 Cleo's blue top. :)

http://www.facebook.com/RetroDollsUs

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 04:03:51 PM »
Again, I know this is about the dress, but.  that.  doll. 

Will you be keeping us posted as to when she will be on ebay?  I'd like to watch this one:)  Maybe even bid, but I suspect she'll be out of my price range.  Customs usually are.  I NEED to see more of these Jem dolls.  Aja would be so cool. *sigh*  Clawdeen as Shana!  Operetta as Synergy!  *dreams of all the amazing dolls*

I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline enchantress41580

• View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 06:48:42 PM »
Synergy is part way done...at least the body paint is.... then have Rio...then swinging to She-Ra quickly to do Catra before going back to more Jem characters. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted ;) No fabric in the mail today, I'm thinking it will be a few weeks, since it's from China. BUT, I'll work on her fishnets this week and post up another WIP. :)

So after Synergy & Rio- who do you guys want to see?

here's my fav characters-

Jetta
Roxy
Kimber
Stormer
Danse

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »
I'd love to see Aja, I love her blue, multi tiered hair.  And that blue star on her cheek:)  I'd like to see what you'd do with Clash too!  Lots of colorful hair and make-up!  Jetta would be fun too.  Do you think you would use tinsel in her hair?  Silver highlights?

Synergy would have been my first choice, but you've got that covered ;)

I say the more colors the better!  I always thought my Barbies were boring compared to my Jem dolls.  They were ALL blonde and ALL named Barbie:(  You would think someone would have picked up a redhead eventually :lol:

I think that's why I like MH so much.  No one looks like anyone else:)

Offline enchantress41580

• View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 09:15:23 PM »
I would be using tinsel and silver for Jetta's highlights :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal