collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: White Fashion Style Celestia?  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: White Fashion Style Celestia?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 05:18:38 PM »

At pony fair, someone asked about it and the Hasbro rep said something along the lines that moms wouldn't buy white toys because they get dirty too easily.

Haha! That's  new one on me! Because yeah obviously Hasbro NEVER made a white toy........ -.-
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 06:06:47 AM »
It is odd but I would assume [as odd as it sounds :P] that Hasbro probably know what they are talking about - Celestia remains pink for a reason and it must be a commercial one...I am sure they dont do it simply to torment us [maybe? :P]

But I remain a member of the "we need that gorgeous white Celestia" team
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 07:10:29 AM »
What about the white talking Celestia that is actually being released?  What about Rarity and SA and Blossomforth?  Those are all white... I don't understand why FS Celestia cant be white too. The "moms won't buy white toys" excuse doesn't work with so many white ponies in production and selling just fine. I just want white Celestia lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 09:33:26 AM »
The white talking Celestia has been released as part of the "Collectors Set" thats an indication of where they think she is going to be of the most interest. Rarity is white because they all ready have a pink character in the main 6 so even for HB another pink character may have been over kill. Blossomforth and SA are the only other white characters so far amongst a plethora of pinkness. I dont think they are saying "white ponies wont sell" just that "pink ponies sell better" :P Or at least to their core target market anyway. 
Loa is my love god!

Flugangst

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 07:13:55 PM »
Ugh...White Celestia...She is SO, SOOOOOO Stunning!!! -grabby hands-

Offline medleysong

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 10:36:26 PM »
The current insert that comes with the new released G4 toys does show a white fashion style celestia. Is she now not being released?

Binny

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »
Gah, she's so much prettier in white. :cry: The way they sometimes show her white on the backs of the boxes is like they're just teasing us!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 10:58:11 PM »
You would think that now that we have Cadence it would be a good idea to have white celetia since they might look too much alike if they are both pink

Actually, I always thought the only reason they INVENTED Cadence, was to make Celestia white and still have a pink alicorn in the toyline. :P
Because hands down, she doesn't make much sense on the show.. why is she there? There's supposed to be only two goddesses. And those are alicorns. OK. WHERE DOES SHE COME FROM?? GIANT PLOTHOLE SHE IS. ..sorry, I'm straying from the topic. xD

Anyways, yeah, apparently that was NOT the reason for Cadence to be created, since Celestia is STILL pink and now her creation bugs me even more. xDD

Also.. the 'white toys get dirty too easily'-argument .................... wth? oô

gargoylekitty

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 11:30:13 PM »
The current insert that comes with the new released G4 toys does show a white fashion style celestia. Is she now not being released?

As has been said, that seems a mess up on the promo pics. Have seen the individually sold Fashion Style Celestia on the shelf and while all the box art showed white, she was definitely pink. So, unless they're coming out with another wave that changes that, doesn't seem likely soon. Blah.

Don't understand one bit why they don't seem to want to change it. There's just no honest excuse for it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:33:28 PM by gargoylekitty »

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 02:12:17 AM »
I have one of the white fs celsestias and she is honestly one of the prettiest ponies I've ever seen.  Definitely the prettiest G4, and way nicer than the talking white celestia.  It would be a shame if she didn't get a regular release that is for sure.   She is just amazing.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2012, 07:05:46 PM »
Blossomforth and SA are the only other white characters so far amongst a plethora of pinkness. I dont think they are saying "white ponies wont sell" just that "pink ponies sell better" :P Or at least to their core target market anyway. 

o.0 Holy cow you're right! I just looked at my G4 shelf and there's basically only 3 white G4's! (Well, brushables anyway.)

This is particularly strange to me because there were SO MANY white G3's! The number of white G3 characters actually outnumber the pink ones! (Unless you throw in a lot of the pale purple ones to count as pink, I know the names of different shades are debatable.) Hasbro certainly didn't have any problem making white ponies 5 years ago!

will2Bfree

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2012, 10:04:54 PM »
Blossomforth and SA are the only other white characters so far amongst a plethora of pinkness. I dont think they are saying "white ponies wont sell" just that "pink ponies sell better" :P Or at least to their core target market anyway. 

o.0 Holy cow you're right! I just looked at my G4 shelf and there's basically only 3 white G4's! (Well, brushables anyway.)

This is particularly strange to me because there were SO MANY white G3's! The number of white G3 characters actually outnumber the pink ones! (Unless you throw in a lot of the pale purple ones to count as pink, I know the names of different shades are debatable.) Hasbro certainly didn't have any problem making white ponies 5 years ago!

Don't forget Sweetie Belle.
I wasn't sure if only show characters were being listed, but there's also Diamond Rose and Plumsweet among the toys. And DJPon-3 will also be being released soon, but she's also aimed towards the brony/collector market.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2012, 05:20:42 AM »

Don't forget Sweetie Belle.
I wasn't sure if only show characters were being listed, but there's also Diamond Rose and Plumsweet among the toys. And DJPon-3 will also be being released soon, but she's also aimed towards the brony/collector market.

Lol good point! I completely forgot about Diamond Rose and yes Sweetie Belle as well...I am still seeing more pink though :)
Loa is my love god!

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2012, 09:34:55 AM »
And DJPon-3 will also be being released soon, but she's also aimed towards the brony/collector market.
And I'm sure some of those brony collectors will complain that the DJ is actually slightly yellow, and thus the pure white toy is completely inaccurate and not worth a purchase.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
And DJPon-3 will also be being released soon, but she's also aimed towards the brony/collector market.
And I'm sure some of those brony collectors will complain that the DJ is actually slightly yellow, and thus the pure white toy is completely inaccurate and not worth a purchase.

Hahahahaha. "Why can't they make a white Celestia with a pink outline on her body and molded hair that is in the perfect shape but moves when she walks LIKE IN THE SHOW!?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal