collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Soft meals?  (Read 762 times)

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
Soft meals?
« on: July 25, 2012, 11:58:37 PM »
Hi everyone,
I just had major dental work done and teeth ripped out, so I don't really have anything to chew with on my right side of my mouth so I was wondering if anyone has any recipes for soft meals... Even sandwiches is a problem right now... Any good soups, or pastas? I love soft pasta.... my hubby is an amazing cook, he just doesn't have any ideas for "soft" stuff other then extremely fatty things like lasagna and fettichini alfredo. (so good, but sooo bad for me LOL!) ^_^;  If you could share your recipes for nice and soft foods that'd be wonderful! Just no seafood or shellfish please, I'm highly allergic. ^_^;

Nerdfins

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Soft meals?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 03:16:41 AM »
I don't really have any good suggestions because when I got my wisdom teeth out it was all mashed potatoes, vanilla ice cream, and winter squash with butter for me.  Yummy.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 03:55:52 AM »
Good luck with your recovery!  Dental surgery stinks, and I hope you have an easy time.

When I had my wisdom teeth out, I ate the following things:

Cream of wheat
Mashed potatoes
Macaroni and cheese(I mushed it up with a fork)
Canned pasta
Scrambled eggs
Instant pudding
Jello

My sister in law had a root canal the day before Thanksgiving, and in addition to having mashed potatoes and other soft foods, I took some of the pumpkin pie filling and baked it in individual cups for her so she could have dessert without the crust.

Shepard's pie might work for you if the veggies are cut very small and cooked until very soft.

I have a fondness for potato leek soup that might work for you.

You need:

2-3 trimmed leeks, cut into small pieces
3-4 potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
Chicken broth, enough to fully cover all the potatoes and leeks plus another inch or so
Ground pepper
Salt
A bit of butter

Cook the leeks in the butter, and add a pinch of salt and some pepper. When the leeks are soft, add in the broth and the potatoes. Cook until the potatoes are as soft as you need them to be. Ladle some of the soup onto a blender, and blend until smooth.  Be careful!  If the top pops up, the soup can burn you!  Pour the mixture back into the pot and stir. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 04:02:20 AM by goddessofpeep »

Online Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 04:15:13 AM »
When I had my wisdom teeth out, and couldn't chew for a few days, I had those Boost drinks. They were pretty good, filling enough (especially since I was just in bed), and you know that the have the proteins and vitamins that you need.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Nerdfins

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 06:09:48 AM »
I think I went through three containers of Ben and Jerry's vanilla ice cream in 4 days  :blink:

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 07:03:46 AM »
I would go for mashed potatoes and pasta (stroganoff or mac n/ cheese)!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 07:31:50 AM »
Mashed potatoes!!!!! *dances* :hamster:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 07:34:43 AM »
I really like Pacific and Imagine Foods' soups.  Imagine makes this fabulous butternut squash soup, and Pacific has a red lentil curry soup that'll knock your socks off.  All varieties are organic.  :)

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

biologistkid

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 07:36:43 AM »
I don't like mashed potatoes much, so when I had my wisdom teeth out I ate other things.

* Applesauce
We have home-made applesauce which is waaaay better than anything at the store, but just a little cinnamon and some sugar and I could eat this stuff for every meal. You can get it in other flavours at the store, too, which might keep it interesting?

*Any sort of cream of (whatever) soup

* Ice cream... and lots of it, haha

* Yogurt

I can't think of much else, because I was a bit impatient and went back to eating hard foods earlier than I should have, so it's hard to remember what sorts of softer things there might be that count as actual meals. Feel better soon!

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 09:25:15 AM »
What everyone else has said, and chicken and rice is one of my comfort foods. It's easy and soft, no chewing required!

I dice up (or mince for the tiniest pieces) some onion, and I have started adding carrot too. I saute the veggies in a little bit of olive oil in a sauce pot until they're golden-y brown and really soft. Then I add the rice (sorry, I'm not good with measurements, I just kinda add things until they look right. About 1/2 cup of rice will probably be enough) and just stir it around with the vegetables until they're all mixed together. Then I add the chicken, usually 1 breast or 2 thighs, but however much chicken you want will work. Then I add liquid, usually water or stock/broth, until it covers the chicken. Probably at least two cups, because you don't want the rice to absorb all the water, you want it to be a little soupy when it's done. Then you bring it to a boil and reduce the heat so it simmers and leave it on the stove until it's done. You can pretty much follow the directions for the rice, but you can cook it forever and it just keeps getting mushier as long as all the liquid doesn't cook out. When it's done, take the chicken out and mince it up very fine and stir it back into the pot. Voila! Chicken and rice.  You can adjust it pretty much however you want. Add more or fewer vegetables, or different vegetables, you can make a big batch, it makes great leftovers. Oh, right, I always forget to add salt and pepper, but you should do that :lol:, and any other seasonings you might like. Sometimes I add poultry seasoning, or a bay leaf, sometimes even a little cayenne pepper, but salt and pepper by themselves are great.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 09:34:18 AM »
Eggs have lots of protein and are really soft. I'm a big fan of soups, particularly ramen, rice noodle soup and Campbell's Vegetable Orzo. Jell-O and pudding.

Another great thing you can have is fruit smoothies. Mmm. You can either make your own or buy the bagged stuff in the frozen food section, add milk and blend it. Very filling, delicious and healthy!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 09:50:30 AM »
I did a lot of mashed potatos, applesauce, soup.. and anything that I could blend and have it still taste good. The blender is your friend!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 11:23:51 AM »
I would reccomend staying away from pasta actually--if you try it it will make your teeth hurt, just from the chewy texture.

Try things like yogurt or applesauce for the next few days, until things kick in <3

Maybe try a smoothie?

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 01:55:50 PM »
I'm going to echo a lot of the above.

Mashed potato, ice cream (if your teeth aren't too sensitive), yoghurt, smoothies, soups, noodles, jelly, rice pudding, custard, oatmeal, cream cheese, mashed carrot & parsnips, bananas, risotto, couscous, peanut butter, berries, soft toast (buttery!), you could even dip that in a boiled egg..

I'm also going to suggest some kind of supplement as you won't be getting too much protein at the moment (perhaps a supplement drink like Complan, Fortisip or Ensure.. I know they're unpleasant, but it'll keep you going) or some soft vitamin tablets (like they make for children).

It may seem a little crazy, but even baby food is quite nice.. the fruity ones though, the savoury ones are vile! XD You could soften rusks in warm milk too.. especially to wind down at night.

I wish you all the best with your recovery, lovely.. :hug:
Fight like a girl..

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 07:41:29 PM »
when i had my teeth taken out.. i  ate  lots  of cococlate pudding adn chicken noodle soup.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal