collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zecora, real SDCC pony or ToysRUs exclusive?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Zecora, real SDCC pony or ToysRUs exclusive?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 05:00:33 AM »
TRU had a range of exclusives at CC this year - I think this was their first year at Comic Con in fact. Zecora was essentially just getting a pre release at CC and because she will be available in stores she is essentially a "store bought" pony.

I have a vision of a factory somewhere churning out Zecoras to meet the crazy demand that TRU seem to have been hit with :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline shottsy85

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shottsy Arts Artwork and Apparel
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 11:11:46 PM »
does anyone know if Zecora will be released to regular Toys R Us? I wasn't able to preorder it and now its gone off the site completely so not sure how to obtain one without getting ripped off on ebay..

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 11:22:50 PM »
It's been showing up at various TRU's (not mine, sadly).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Reverend Strone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 11:25:52 PM »
does anyone know if Zecora will be released to regular Toys R Us? I wasn't able to preorder it and now its gone off the site completely so not sure how to obtain one without getting ripped off on ebay..

My impression when speaking to folks at SDCC was yes, she would be in regular brick and mortar TRU stores eventually, although I would imagine the first few shipments will be snapped up pretty quick by the hnugry crowds of collectors and kids.  She is a very appealing toy (says he, who came back from SDCC with one for his daughter).  If she follows the pattern of past TRU exclusives from other properties, she'll be plentiful in the long run.  If you're nervous and desperate to own her, you may wish to resort to the after market, but my advice based on past experience with other properties that have had TRU exclusives would be don't resort to evil-bay! 

Gogobinsin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 02:53:51 AM »
I have a vision of a factory somewhere churning out Zecoras to meet the crazy demand that TRU seem to have been hit with :)
This is what worries me about Zecora. I understand people who pre-ordered her being frustrated but it seems like a lot people don't want to wait any longer. This then means that factories may be rushing and the quality of the toys may not be so great (not that they were fantastic to start with). It's the same with video games, customers get impatient and put pressure on the developers so they rush the game and release it with a ton of glitches which people then complain about :huh:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 07:35:00 AM »
If you're nervous and desperate to own her, you may wish to resort to the after market, but my advice based on past experience with other properties that have had TRU exclusives would be don't resort to evil-bay! 

Thank you for your post, this makes me feel much better! It's nice to hear from someone with some experience with TRU exclusives. :)

(Hard to be patient, though. But I will resist the lure of evil bay!)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline shottsy85

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shottsy Arts Artwork and Apparel
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 10:48:32 AM »

My impression when speaking to folks at SDCC was yes, she would be in regular brick and mortar TRU stores eventually, although I would imagine the first few shipments will be snapped up pretty quick by the hnugry crowds of collectors and kids.  She is a very appealing toy (says he, who came back from SDCC with one for his daughter).  If she follows the pattern of past TRU exclusives from other properties, she'll be plentiful in the long run.  If you're nervous and desperate to own her, you may wish to resort to the after market, but my advice based on past experience with other properties that have had TRU exclusives would be don't resort to evil-bay!

Thanks Sooooo Much for your response! I may try scouting some Toys R Us's then and see what pops up. I have preordered the Celestia at least, but I also have no idea how to get that popular character pack with DJ Pone-3 and Nightmare Moon uuggghh lol. I guess THAT was on preorder at one point too I have no idea how I keep missing these things. I wish I had known about :muffin: Pony too, but NO WAY I am paying 180.00 for that!

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 12:04:45 PM »
Just keep checking tru every few days, or better yet, call and find out when their shipments come in. Thats what I've been doing and it payed off. I goy the favorites set last week and Zecora today. Last week they only had about 2 of the favorites set, but when I went in today they had at least 5 in stock, but only 3 Zecoras.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 04:46:09 PM »

Yes and she has been hitting stores early for some time...just check out this thread...

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,305015.0.html
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal