collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 77150 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #1425 on: August 15, 2012, 02:12:32 PM »
I'm always afraid of buying MH dolls online because of face paint flaws. Go! Go check all the stores! :cheer:

Also it looks like Walmart.com stopped selling Venus and Robecca separately for now.. They're now advertising a "Monster High Doll Value Bundle: Pick 2" with Venus, Robecca and Rochelle that you pick two of for $39.94.. :s
They have one (for less) with pick two Skultimate Roller Maze girls but I haven't seen that in stock yet.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #1426 on: August 15, 2012, 02:14:37 PM »
Buddafly and I had a Monster High/MLP hunting session yesterday! I picked her up and we hit a TRU that neither of us can get to on a regular basis - I picked up a I <3 Fashion Abbey and the Nocturnal CAM Lab add-on, while she got the Mystical CAM Lab add-on, a Moxie wig (?), and a bunch of Liv accessory packs on sale for $0.98. (I think...correct me if I'm wrong, Buddafly!). There wasn't any good MLP stock, but we wondered over to the boy's section (I'm still pissed it's 2012 and TrU is still set up like that) and she got a Predator figure while I contemplated some Mass Effect figures.

Then we went to my house and had a deboxing party! I had a Venus I had picked up for her, while she had 2.0 Clawdeen and some twinkle-eye G1s for me. Then we deboxed my Scooter Ghoulia, which I've had boxed for a while...she's so freaking awesome, I can't stand it! Then we went through my pony collection, looking for stuff to sell at the VA meet on Saturday. (I'm trying to downsize.)(Buddafly is not good at helping me downsize. Enabler!)

It was so much fun! If any of you have a fellow MH or pony collector in the same city, try and hang out! I highly recommend it.

PSA: I had to return the Nocturnal pack add-on. THE TORSO AND GREEN HEAD DO NOT GLOW IN THE DARK. Take it home and try it out before opening the package.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 15, 2012, 02:22:02 PM »
You guys ... what have you done to me?

I do have another Target I can check, as well as a TRU. Hubbs will definitely tell me off. XD

We've given you the monster virus! Better just succumb to it, it's more fun that way XD Seriously, though, I hope you can find a Rochelle soon, she is the best :heart:

Jadis, that sounds like an amazing day! Congrats on your awesome haul :D
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 15, 2012, 02:28:13 PM »
Oh god I feel crazy. I just drove nearly 80 miles for a Rochelle. XD
I guess we're all a little crazy, though..

Nah, don't feel crazy! My fiance and I would do this for toys ALL the time when we had a car. I actually really miss that kind of stuff... it's nice just being able to take a day to go crazy toy hunting, even if we don't find anything ;o;/

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1429 on: August 15, 2012, 02:34:30 PM »
Erm, hey. I'm on the hunt for my first, hopefully only monster high doll, and that is Robecca. I can't seem to find her in stores, and online the prices get a bit extreme. Has anyone is Illinois seen her?

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 15, 2012, 02:40:24 PM »

PSA: I had to return the Nocturnal pack add-on. THE TORSO AND GREEN HEAD DO NOT GLOW IN THE DARK. Take it home and try it out before opening the package.
I noticed this too  :huh: Such a shame and wasted opportunity.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #1431 on: August 15, 2012, 02:57:31 PM »
Well thanks a lot. :lol: Now I'm infected!

I think hubbs might be lenient on me since she's the last thing I'm looking for right now (except the castle, which I'm willing to wait on since it'll be around for a while). Of course then I'll get back on Etsy and start looking at outfits again. It could be a good opportunity to learn to sew. Pah!

I really hope he lets me look for her and that I find one! Rochelle is by and far my absolute favorite MH with Nefera in a close second. :3 I think we're hitting Wal-Mart tonight, at least. Maybe I'll get super lucky and they'll have one. Cross your fingers for me, please!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 15, 2012, 03:03:28 PM »
Fingers and toes are crossed :biggrin:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 15, 2012, 03:20:09 PM »
I got the DDG 3 pack at Walmart today! :D :D :D

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #1434 on: August 15, 2012, 03:28:40 PM »

Rad! Congrats!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 15, 2012, 03:31:18 PM »
Sounds like today was great doll day for (almost) everyone:)  Congrats everybody!

I was just thinking.....

Remember when Robecca was shown in that video forever-ago?  When her, Venus and Rochelle were first announced?  I kept saying I thought she was gonna be a larger body doll, because (does anyone remember) her knees looked funny to me!  I can't believe I'm so MH crazy, I caught that something was up with her knees (being able to bend forward)  I'm kinda proud of myself right now :biggrin:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 15, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »
Erm, hey. I'm on the hunt for my first, hopefully only monster high doll, and that is Robecca. I can't seem to find her in stores, and online the prices get a bit extreme. Has anyone is Illinois seen her?

I've seen her quite a bit here in Michigan. Keep looking! She'll pop up, I'm sure of it. Do you have a Kmart? That tends to be a good place to score the newer released dolls! You just gotta check when they first stock. Best of luck! :)

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1437 on: August 15, 2012, 04:00:42 PM »

Yeah! Me too! First time I've ever seen them in stores. I have FINALLY found a Draculaura I love! This DDG ghoul is amazingly adorable! Ghoulia is super cute, and Abbey. Oh man! Every time I think I am not going to like an Abbey she is so cute! This is the cutest pack ever!

Also ended up getting a Phys Dead Ghoulia from Books A Million today :) Slowly getting all the Ghoulias. [Did I mention, my super amazing awesome hubby offered to buy SDCC Ghoulia for me IF I could find one around $150. OMG]

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #1438 on: August 15, 2012, 04:01:51 PM »
I am desperately looking for the DDG 3 pack. I checked walmart by me yesterday and they have just barely started their reset.. no clue when the 3 pack is going to show up there if it even does. If anyone happens to snag an extra one I am looking to buy one :) :)
I *may* have a few things in my area that might interest someone for a trade too. I just saw all of the ST dolls, on Friday I saw the TRU exclusive with ghoulia and the scooter.. no robecca or venus. Most of my stores are up to date on dolls so a trade could work too!
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 15, 2012, 04:03:47 PM »

I'm in Virginia, but I followed the tip from here and found her at Love's truck stop.  It was all the way down a dark road late at night lined with 18 wheelers on the way back home from a trip and my boyfriend was like "...seriously? dolls here?" but when we walked in, there she was! If there's one near you it's worth a try!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal