collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 77076 times)

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #1410 on: August 15, 2012, 09:49:25 AM »
I had a similar experience at a Target (and by similar I mean that they thought I was crazy) when getting my ST dolls. I pulled them up on the price scanner/stock checker to show them that they had them in the back, and explained that it would be an assortment and there were 3 different dolls that I wanted. The guy brought out one of each doll, but Clawdeen had glitter all over one of her eyes, so I asked if I could see the other one. He looked at me like I had three heads, so I had to explain it to him, "I collect these dolls and if I'm going to be spending $22.99 on each of them I need to be satisfied with how they look." So he took Clawdeen back and went to get me the other one XD

Then on the way to the check out I noticed that Frankie had a lip rub...but there was no way I was going back to bug that same guy again, so I just took her to a different store and exchanged her without much trouble.

I've done the same thing at TRU twice, once with the Fearleading 3 pack and once with I <3 Fashion Abbey (is there even one of her in existence that has good looking teeth and eyebrows? Because I couldn't find one)

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 15, 2012, 09:57:58 AM »
grzankitter- Maybe that employee knew what she was doing and was holding them in the back for herself or a friend or something. Then when you insisted they had them, the employee brought out three for you and put the others back. It seems like weird behavior to bring out six and then take three back. I've worked retail before and I've seen some pretty strange merchandise hiding techniques both from customers and employees.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 15, 2012, 10:12:45 AM »
The employee really should have let you pick which ones you wanted. The only (non-selfish) reason she took the rest to the back would be because they hadn't "unscanned" them from the back. But whatever the case, she should have let you have your pick. If it was to prevent scalping (some stores have individual policies on how many of an item they'll allow one person to purchase) she just should have said "we're only allowed one type per guest".

Sorry you had a frustrating time, but congrats on finally finding them!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 15, 2012, 10:42:50 AM »
Thanks everyone:)  It wasn't so much frustrating, as it was.....strange.  If they hadn't "unscanned" them why bring out all 6?  Bring out 3.  It's been a few hours now, and I'm still scratching my head :lol:

Also, I just realized the ST dolls were only part of what I had went out to get.  I want to find a LIV in Color Alexis before ALL the LIVs disapear from the face of the earth:)  If anyone sees one for cheap (everything's clearanced out.) will you grab her for me?

And since I'm asking for stuff....... I'm still looking for Scarah/Hoodude ;)  I'm willing to pay CLOSE to ebay prices.......

Don't mean to bother you all about it, but if I don't mention it once in awhile, I'm afraid I'll miss out.  Guess I should put something in my signature or something :huh:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #1414 on: August 15, 2012, 11:07:14 AM »
I just got an email from mattelshop. 1600 CLAWD is IN STOCK!

a month+ after i found him on Amazon *falls over*

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 15, 2012, 11:19:57 AM »
I finally got my ST Clawdeen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankie Stein

« Reply #1416 on: August 15, 2012, 11:22:42 AM »
Thanks everyone:)  It wasn't so much frustrating, as it was.....strange.  If they hadn't "unscanned" them why bring out all 6?  Bring out 3.  It's been a few hours now, and I'm still scratching my head :lol:

Also, I just realized the ST dolls were only part of what I had went out to get.  I want to find a LIV in Color Alexis before ALL the LIVs disapear from the face of the earth:)  If anyone sees one for cheap (everything's clearanced out.) will you grab her for me?

And since I'm asking for stuff....... I'm still looking for Scarah/Hoodude ;)  I'm willing to pay CLOSE to ebay prices.......

Don't mean to bother you all about it, but if I don't mention it once in awhile, I'm afraid I'll miss out.  Guess I should put something in my signature or something :huh:

Are you kidding me, Target has no right doing that. They may dislike scalpers but they HAVE to sell to anyone that wants them. They said that to me once bacause they are constantly out of everything and they said the same couple of people come in every week and buy out there stock and they CANT say no.. -_-
Also about the employees keeping things in back, its true. There are alot of employees in walmarts That don't stock things out and buy the case during there break or the end of there shift! Since it happens in walmart im sure it happens in other places at well... Wow... I hate scalpers!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 15, 2012, 11:28:14 AM »
The Target closest to me has a policy in place that pervents them from selling more then 2 of a popular item. That way everyone has a chance of getting that item.

I use to work at Wal Mart. I seen a person get fired for keeping stock in the back. My managers where pretty strict about that kind of stufff.

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #1418 on: August 15, 2012, 11:38:35 AM »
I guess I've gotten lucky with Target and Wal*Mart. I had employees from both stores ask for my name and number so they could call me if items I was looking for came in. The one at Target called me on the same day after scouring through the back in search of the Scary Tales girls for me. The one at Wal*Mart is keeping an eye out for Ghouls Rule Abbey for me.

I am so close to being caught up on Monster High for now! Just need the I <3 Fashion girls, GR Abbey, and the newest Killer Style girls. A break would be so nice... but with the holiday season coming so soon I doubt that will happen. *faints*

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 15, 2012, 12:04:03 PM »
I'm almost caught up too.  Mainly I need GR Frankie, Lala, and Cleo.  I'm debating on the I <3 fashion girls, since the only things I want to keep out of each one of them is a pair of shoes and a couple of clothing items.  Am also debating on the DDG 3 pack. 

A couple of nights ago I had a dream and Frankie and Abbey showed up in it.  We were touring a new house that my ex-landlady and her husband had built (in the dream, not in real life), which had an elevator and secret passageways.  That's the first Monster High dream I've had!

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 15, 2012, 12:05:46 PM »
Finally tracked down Venus and Robecca yesterday.  Saw about 4 Venuses and 8 Robeccas, and only one Venus and only two Robeccas had acceptable paint jobs out of all of them.  I got the ok Venus for myself and the two okay Robeccas, one for me and one for my friend.

These dolls are so hard to find and half the time when I manage to find the ones I'm looking for they have bad paint jobs and I have to pass on them.  The only signature Jackson I ever saw had misprinted eyes.  I didn't buy him and I've never seen a signature Jackson since.  Are there places out there where he's still on shelves?  I want him, but I'm not going to shell out $20+ for a doll that makes me unhappy whenever I look at it.

So frustrating. :/

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 15, 2012, 12:07:32 PM »
darn these dolls.  I have patterns on their way in the mail to me- time to dust off the sewing machine (ok, it isn't actually gathering any dust- it's just been sewing human sized clothes and not doll clothes for the past four years) and get my doll clothes sewing juju flowing again. 

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Midnight_Echo

« Reply #1422 on: August 15, 2012, 01:36:58 PM »
Drats! I missed Scooter Ghoulia from TRU.com, she's sold out again. Thanks for posting when doll are available online though!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 15, 2012, 01:40:37 PM »
Oh god I feel crazy. I just drove nearly 80 miles for a Rochelle. XD
I guess we're all a little crazy, though..
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #1424 on: August 15, 2012, 02:07:04 PM »
Oh god I feel crazy. I just drove nearly 80 miles for a Rochelle. XD
I guess we're all a little crazy, though..

I would do this! I saw one at my local Target a couple weeks back when I grabbed a bunch of the new MLP wave. I ALMOST grabbed her and I kind of wish I had. I checked for her yesterday and she's gone. I don't like buying online if it isn't totally necessary because then I have to pay outrageous shipping fees and my impatient behind has to wait.

You guys ... what have you done to me?

I do have another Target I can check, as well as a TRU. Hubbs will definitely tell me off. XD

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal