collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 76858 times)

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #1320 on: August 13, 2012, 01:29:37 PM »
Robecca Steam in Stock on walmart.com if you want her hurry!!!
I can't stress enough for people NOT to order from walmart.com for dolls! I.. feel awful for sounding like a broken record, but I really don't want to see what happened to me (twice, and had another bad experience ordering from them for something unrelated to toys) happening to someone else and them not able to replace a brand new doll D:

I actually ordered a couple dolls of monster high from walmart and they were perfect condition... Wonder what went wrong with your orders :/

I ordered a DT Frankie and the re-issue Draculaura, and they were both thrown into bubble mailers and the boxes smashed beyond recognition. Added to the fact I had one of the companies they use to ship stuff out mess up the label for a pair of sandals I ordered so that they ended up getting lost in the mail and didn't show up to me until quite a few days after (because it got delivered to the wrong house), added to the fact that when they sent out my DT Frankie she took FAR longer than she should have to get here (and Walmart's excuse was "Well, we have no clue what company will send these out until they get sent out). I think these are some AWFUL practices, and because they happened to me in a rather short span of time I really do advise people to use caution (or not use it all together) with ordering from Walmart.

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 13, 2012, 01:58:11 PM »
Is there a site (other than etsy or ebay) where people buy custom MH doll clothes? Maybe like in japan or something?
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 13, 2012, 02:12:54 PM »
Wow, that's horrible Icicle. :( I did a big order of kitchen supplies and video games from Walmart around the holidays last year and had no problems. The packing job was perfect and I got everything in a timely manner. I've heard of so many shipping mistakes when it comes to big chain stores that it makes me wary to put full trust any of them though.

Well hopefully we will find out for sure soon! :D Either way im probably still going to get atleast 2 or 3 o.o !!! Although if they do... Wouldnt it be creepy in the middle of the night when you were sleeping and one wakes you by talking~! AHH LOL!!!! GL for DDG 3 pack!

Also, I dont know if its just me but sometime I have the hardest time removing those pins that they connect to the dolls head to backing in the box. What is the easiest way to remove those from there heads? Any tips?

Lol, one of my childhood friends had a talking E.T. plush that used to go off in the middle of the night. I was really young and terrified of the character, so I was always freaked out whenever I was sleeping over and it started sounding off.  :blink:

Those tabs are a bit annoying. I usually just try and clip off the end sticking through the cardboard packaging with some nail clippers and then push the rest into the head, but I've heard of others recommending pliers to tear them completely out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1323 on: August 13, 2012, 02:58:45 PM »
Those tabs are a bit annoying. I usually just try and clip off the end sticking through the cardboard packaging with some nail clippers and then push the rest into the head, but I've heard of others recommending pliers to tear them completely out.
This is what I do: I try to pull them out with pliers and if that doesn't work, then I snip them off with scissors or a box cutter as close to the scalp as possible and then push the rest of it into the head.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 13, 2012, 03:03:47 PM »
I just picked up this set yesterday and mine too are solid pink

I just checked out the set (no doll) and it had painted white border around the little doors. I hope we are talking about the same thing!

Thanks guys:)  It sounds like the exclusive set is missing some paint.  Good to hear the regular set isn't though!  Looks like I'll be getting another Powder Room :rolleyes:
I wonder if the Scooters have any visual differences??????

Does anyone collect the MH backcards/boxes/art? I saved a ton of that stuff -- odd thoughts about making a collage -- but now I don't want it. Does anyone else, or shall I recycle it?

Do you have the Powder Room/Scooter box art?  I'm dying for BOTH!

I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 13, 2012, 03:18:59 PM »
Hmm...I wonder when we'll hear some official info on the Scaris dolls...

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1326 on: August 13, 2012, 04:54:25 PM »
Who else is interested in the CAM Mummy and Gorgon coming out? :D Im looking foward to the gorgon!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 13, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »
Who else is interested in the CAM Mummy and Gorgon coming out? :D Im looking foward to the gorgon!

I love ALL the CAMs, so I'm super excited about those and the Blob/Ice Starter set, as well!  It'll be fun playing around with the molded wigs:)

Off topic:  I'm thinking about complaining to Mattel about the Powder Room Playset.  I think I may be nit-picking, though...... I am unhappy about the lack of painted trim on the vanity doors.  It looks.....off.  I can't return it, I HAVE to have the doll:(  So now I have to buy the Basic playset to get the vanity I like? 

This will be my first complaint.  I hope it goes well.  I don't have high hopes.  Wish me luck.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Frankie Stein

« Reply #1328 on: August 13, 2012, 05:46:40 PM »

I love ALL the CAMs, so I'm super excited about those and the Blob/Ice Starter set, as well!  It'll be fun playing around with the molded wigs:)

Off topic:  I'm thinking about complaining to Mattel about the Powder Room Playset.  I think I may be nit-picking, though...... I am unhappy about the lack of painted trim on the vanity doors.  It looks.....off.  I can't return it, I HAVE to have the doll:(  So now I have to buy the Basic playset to get the vanity I like? 

This will be my first complaint.  I hope it goes well.  I don't have high hopes.  Wish me luck.

Good luck! Be sure to tell us what happens. Mattel always seems to want to help! :D

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1329 on: August 13, 2012, 06:05:13 PM »
I'm not too excited by them myself, but I would just like to point out that it is the only CAM set so far to not have a pink doll in it. All of the others have one pink one: werewolf/dragon, vampire/sea monster, vampire/gargoyle, witch/cat, ice/blob ... Just sayin'.

Anyway, here's a new photo from me:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

pick your poison by pukunui81, on Flickr

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 13, 2012, 06:42:36 PM »
Well hopefully we will find out for sure soon! :D Either way im probably still going to get atleast 2 or 3 o.o !!! Although if they do... Wouldnt it be creepy in the middle of the night when you were sleeping and one wakes you by talking~! AHH LOL!!!! GL for DDG 3 pack!

Also, I dont know if its just me but sometime I have the hardest time removing those pins that they connect to the dolls head to backing in the box. What is the easiest way to remove those from there heads? Any tips?

No DDG 3-pack here yet! Wah! Our Walmarts haven't even started to reset, poo. They just look like a hurricane went through with old stuff flung EVERYWHERE, so uh. :razz:

I had a Furby as a kid that would wake itself up and talk at me and wake me up and I did not appreciate that XD

I do the same with the head tabs--cut them off as close as possible with small scissors and try to poke them into the head, or at least in enough that they don't stick out. Obnoxious little things, lol.

pukunui that's a gorgeous picture! Love RM Frankie and she looks so cute as the Coffin Bean ghoul.
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Novavelle

« Reply #1331 on: August 13, 2012, 07:17:58 PM »
well now that I finally have the internet again (yay!) I saw the I <3 fashion packs back at TRU, and my walmart was doing a reset when I went so hopefully they'll have the three pack soon.

also I saw the scary tales dolls at target again today and I bought the only 6 they had not too long ago so clearly they restocked.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1332 on: August 13, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »
Wow it sounds like a lot of fun.  ^.^

It sure is! Oh, I've always wanted to tell you, the custom in your icon is very pretty!

Were I can see pics?

I'm not sure if we're allowed to post those pictures, considering mattel tried to take them all down a while back when they got leaked. I sadly don't have them in my documents either, so I honestly have no idea. Sorry Sapphire!

I see, thanks I did a google search and found some very small pics, not sure if they are real but they had things like a vanity playset for Franky and it seems the dolls wit gimmics are going to be re-realeses of signature ones http://www.squidoo.com/monster-high-scaris-deluxe-travel-dolls-line

It appears that Clawdeen has an upgraded version of her clothes , wit a shirt witout stripes since they stopped using stripes on her since Toralei's doll came out.

Thank you for the comment of my costume  :blush: he is Nightshade from the old G1 cartoon, I have being in a medical treatment since some months ago, so I haven't made another costume since, but I'm getting mush better now so I hope to start making them again soon.  :)

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 13, 2012, 08:53:15 PM »
I was thinking of getting the Coffin Bean without the doll, as I already have 2 Clawdeens. How much would I expect to pay online, as I can only find the version with the doll 'round here?
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 13, 2012, 08:56:20 PM »
I was thinking of getting the Coffin Bean without the doll, as I already have 2 Clawdeens. How much would I expect to pay online, as I can only find the version with the doll 'round here?

There is no version without a doll. You'll probably have to get the furniture from someone who only bought it for the doll.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal