collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 76682 times)

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #900 on: August 05, 2012, 10:34:31 AM »
Sellers on eBay just usually like to have tracking for international sales so they can receive their money sooner and be protected in case of a Paypal dispute being opened. The funds are usually released once the confirmation of delivery is there for eBay to see. Otherwise the wait could be a while and a buyer at anytime could say the item didn't get there/was lost in order to receive a full refund. The seller would have no say in it since the delivery was never confirmed.
I've never had that happen to me, but I've seen some bad buyers giving arena folks a hard time over on the TS forum.. ):

They should have it as an option before you pay. If you choose non-tracked you shouldn't be able to leave bad feedback before a certain time
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 05, 2012, 10:41:20 AM »
Sellers on eBay just usually like to have tracking for international sales so they can receive their money sooner and be protected in case of a Paypal dispute being opened. The funds are usually released once the confirmation of delivery is there for eBay to see. Otherwise the wait could be a while and a buyer at anytime could say the item didn't get there/was lost in order to receive a full refund. The seller would have no say in it since the delivery was never confirmed.
I've never had that happen to me, but I've seen some bad buyers giving arena folks a hard time over on the TS forum.. ):

I've had sellers tell me that they jack up the shipping prices for out of the US just to discourage international buyers...... nice......

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 05, 2012, 10:42:49 AM »

I've had sellers tell me that they jack up the shipping prices for out of the US just to discourage international buyers...... nice......

Why not just disable international shipping then?

Adoptable made by me

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #903 on: August 05, 2012, 10:43:23 AM »
I know to ship a doll insured and tracked to Europe it's at least $38. It's just what it costs. You cannot blame sellers for protecting themselves.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #904 on: August 05, 2012, 10:46:46 AM »
I shipped all three ST girls MIB from the US to Australia for like $32. I was shocked at the price of shipping!

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 05, 2012, 11:02:38 AM »

Why not just disable international shipping then?

You'd think that would be the first choice if one doesn't want to ship internationally.

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 05, 2012, 11:04:58 AM »
I know to ship a doll insured and tracked to Europe it's at least $38. It's just what it costs. You cannot blame sellers for protecting themselves.

well that's why I meant that non-tracked should still be an option but on the buyers risque. With all the target and wal-mart exclusives that MH have, I just don't want to pay twice the dolls price to have it tracked. Then I'd rather take a risque

Adoptable made by me

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 05, 2012, 11:28:01 AM »
I opened my Scarah today. Once I let her hair down and got her out of those clothes, I was much happier with her. However, now that her hair is down all of the bald spots that would have been hidden by her old hairstyle are there for the world to see. I'm afraid I'll need to send her out to have some plugs added in...while I'm at it, I'll have that done to my GB Clawdeen as well...poor girls...

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 05, 2012, 11:33:02 AM »
I'm so scared of bald spots when I finally get my Scarah...going to have to do some creative hairstyling it sounds like :(

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 05, 2012, 12:38:01 PM »

well that's why I meant that non-tracked should still be an option but on the buyers risque. With all the target and wal-mart exclusives that MH have, I just don't want to pay twice the dolls price to have it tracked. Then I'd rather take a risque
Sadly eBay is a buyer's market, and sellers often times will get in trouble very easily (trust me, as a buyer I've won many cases.. though the sellers were at fault, we ended up getting full refunds when we only asked for partials because eBay ruled in our favor). And for some (myself included) potentially having to deal with a buyer lying and cheating us out of hard earned money is not one a risk they're willing to take and will either refuse the international buyers or only offer Express Mail international (and will only ship as the listing shows to safe themselves).

The first time my fiance and I sold internationally it was because someone messaging us, asking if we offered it and they were willing to pay a bit more in shipping to do so. We really needed the money, so we accepted and sent it out in a Priority International flat-rate box (because we were kinda bullied into it). A week or so later we went to check our PayPal for something, and saw it was negative the cost of the auction, and a case had been opened against us. We responded that it was international and it might take a while and all of that... and we were 'losing' the case in the sense the guy kept posting that he wanted his money back... my fiance had to FIGHT with USPS to use the customs number to find out where the heck the package was. Turns out it was stuck in customs (like we had told the guy, and he responded he had checked his customs office)... and luckily we didn't lose the case and our money...

But after that we refuse to ship internationally, under any circumstances, without a tracking number which.. unfortunately is rather expensive. This also especially because I DO NOT trust USPS as far as I can throw them and I want to make sure my packages have the highest possible chance of protection. I know it sucks.. but especially on eBay sellers have to be extremely careful and they are in their right to make sure that eBay can't say they have to fully refund someone because the buyer is dishonest. One bad person can ruin everything, sadly.

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 05, 2012, 12:57:18 PM »
Icicle: it's sad that due to dis-honest buyers iy has to be like this :/ I've never had any problem with non-tracked shipping. It's even a greater chance for me to not get the package stuck in customs then.
I'll guess I'll just have to wait until an arena member can get a hold of the ST dolls and ship then loose without tracking :/

Adoptable made by me

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 05, 2012, 01:02:34 PM »
Yeah, it is totally awful, I agree. I guess I get a little passionate when people get upset over the shipping costs because I then feel awful because I personally would prefer not to ship internationally, and if I do I ship only with tracking and I feel awful because of it ;o;!

I do hope someone here can help you! I can't even find them for myself ;o;/

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 05, 2012, 01:06:51 PM »
Yeah, it is totally awful, I agree. I guess I get a little passionate when people get upset over the shipping costs because I then feel awful because I personally would prefer not to ship internationally, and if I do I ship only with tracking and I feel awful because of it ;o;!

I do hope someone here can help you! I can't even find them for myself ;o;/

If they weren't target exclusives I could always wait until they turn up in Sweden. But since Target is not in Sweden I have to rely on US sellers

Anyway, I sketched a little, and this turned out. The BFFs on MH ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:32:54 PM by amenoo »

Adoptable made by me

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #913 on: August 05, 2012, 02:23:15 PM »
I ship internationally on ebay and offer first class or priority, the buyer chooses what they pay.... and one has tracking one doesnt... it's their loss on whatever type of shipping they pick... and I've never had an issue with a buyer simply because they know what they're doing when they chose cheaper shipping.

and most of the time I'll split a refund if the item goes missing. I also help people out here on the arena and I know international can be pricey, it cost me $15 to ship one doll to germany the other day... but only $12 to ship 9 dolls out of the box to canada. so the country make's a big difference.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #914 on: August 05, 2012, 02:35:48 PM »
Amenoo I love your artwork!  This pic is so cute! <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal