collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 77092 times)

Alicat

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #465 on: July 28, 2012, 02:14:08 PM »
So... I have a strange doll problem that I wanted to bring to the board. I recently bought a Fearleading Ghoulia to discover that the pink part of her sock has been painted on rather than sewn as different coloured thread. Was this common to her release? The only reason why I question it is that the paint melted all over poor Ghoulia's leg (fortunately it seems to wash off well), and that seems like a pretty dumb design flaw! Has anyone else had this problem? And has anyone had luck washing the paint out of the sock?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I bought one nude, and the seller did not even remove it!!  I am so glad it rubbs off with Mr Clean eraser! whoo!

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 28, 2012, 02:21:12 PM »
So... I have a strange doll problem that I wanted to bring to the board. I recently bought a Fearleading Ghoulia to discover that the pink part of her sock has been painted on rather than sewn as different coloured thread. Was this common to her release? The only reason why I question it is that the paint melted all over poor Ghoulia's leg (fortunately it seems to wash off well), and that seems like a pretty dumb design flaw! Has anyone else had this problem? And has anyone had luck washing the paint out of the sock?

I bought one nude, and the seller did not even remove it!!  I am so glad it rubbs off with Mr Clean eraser! whoo!

It was super easy to get off :) No pink staining even! Just such a weird choice of design...

Novavelle

« Reply #467 on: July 28, 2012, 02:53:13 PM »
Still no sign of dt dolls anywhere here.... I got mine on Amazon thanks to some serious stalking.

I'm ready to cave to scalpers on Ebay for the rm 2 pack.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #468 on: July 28, 2012, 02:53:56 PM »
Still no sign of dt dolls anywhere here.... I got mine on Amazon thanks to some serious stalking.

I'm ready to cave to scalpers on Ebay for the rm 2 pack.

Stay strong!

Novavelle

« Reply #469 on: July 28, 2012, 02:58:27 PM »
It's so hard knowing they're out there being found... Except here. I need that Abbey

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 28, 2012, 03:04:55 PM »
Catlein: How odd! Its good its easy to get off but it shouldn't really be there in the first place.

Serious mission time! De-gunk my Rochelle's hair, it feels nasty! I /think/ it might be glue seepage, but i'm not so sure since her hair feels quite greasy even away from the roots. She had a grease stain on her box too when i got her out. So far i've just washed wih shampoo, she's currently drying but her hair feels kind of sticky and greasy still. I'll wait 'til she's dried off and maybe wash again with shampoo, if that doesn't work time for plan B, Twin Pines formula 9-1-1. Anyone tried it? I remember reading good things about it and am really hoping it'll kill the glue seepage gunk, Anyone have any tips?

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #471 on: July 28, 2012, 03:10:56 PM »
Catlein: How odd! Its good its easy to get off but it shouldn't really be there in the first place.

Serious mission time! De-gunk my Rochelle's hair, it feels nasty! I /think/ it might be glue seepage, but i'm not so sure since her hair feels quite greasy even away from the roots. She had a grease stain on her box too when i got her out. So far i've just washed wih shampoo, she's currently drying but her hair feels kind of sticky and greasy still. I'll wait 'til she's dried off and maybe wash again with shampoo, if that doesn't work time for plan B, Twin Pines formula 9-1-1. Anyone tried it? I remember reading good things about it and am really hoping it'll kill the glue seepage gunk, Anyone have any tips?

My Rochelle is like that, too, as is my Frankie. Let me know if you find something that works!

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #472 on: July 28, 2012, 03:33:23 PM »
It's so hard knowing they're out there being found... Except here. I need that Abbey

I agree!!! 

We can hold out, I have faith in the amazing Arena peeps!  (Has no Kmart :/)

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 28, 2012, 05:05:22 PM »
PandaBerryInSpace: I will :) Its such a shame to let the glue ruin our dolls hair, i'm determined to find something that works.

Checked on Rochelle now she's dry... Well shampooing made it worse (as expected), it seems to have spread the gunk further down her hair, i'm skipping shampooing again and will move onto Twin Pines tomorrow. I guess the good thing about the shampoo spreading it is i can maybe soak the lengths of her hair in it without having to worry about it getting into her head. I shall see how it goes tomorrow, wish me luck!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 28, 2012, 05:36:13 PM »
Is this stuff available in stores.  I ran all over trying to find Goof Off 2, just to find it was disc:(  I don't remember seeing Formula 911, either.  The stuff I bought didn't really help, so I'll be waiting for your results as well:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Novavelle

« Reply #475 on: July 28, 2012, 05:43:49 PM »
Colorscape, I know I just have to be strong lol.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #476 on: July 28, 2012, 05:52:25 PM »
:hug: Nova, we are in this together :P

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2012, 05:58:01 PM »
grzankitter: I got it online, www.twinpines.com (hope i'm allowed to post that) My first choice was Goof Off 2 too, but i couldn't find anywhere to get it online that would ship to the UK. Twin Pines looks promising from the description on the website though, just hoping its as good as it sounds.

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #478 on: July 28, 2012, 06:07:08 PM »
is there some off flaw in Abbey leg joints that i'm unaware of? I got the weirdest comment on my 1st and 2nd edition Abbey comparison post on my blog. "What about the leg joints?"

WTF? I don't even know how to answer because idk wtf he's talking about and saying 'wtf are you talking about? o_O" seems a bit rude. (btw I'm not annoyed or anything but I found it such an odd question...and I've had plenty of ODD comments)

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 28, 2012, 06:11:40 PM »
Ravie: I wonder if he means the elastic vs mechanical hip joints?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal