collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 77156 times)

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #450 on: July 28, 2012, 09:46:05 AM »
found venus,robecca, and the nocturnal and mythical CAM's today at a Meijers store in Michigan ... they had put out two cases of the new signature dolls meaning 4 of each so i was looking through them to find the besst ones (one of each for me and one more of each for somebody here) and i ended up having to fight tooth and nail to get one venus and one robecca and one of each of the CAM's and had people following me around the store afterwards ... this is getting stupid crazy scary :\ :(

the new CAM sets have two heads (different colors), one torso, one set lower legs, one set lower arms/hands ... NO WIG, shoes, clothes ... so you can't even build half a monster really ... why two heads? rediculous ....

You know I have worried about that happening cause scalpers are let's face it,  little imbalanced. I've also been worried about someone seeing them in my car (since I don't have a trunk, I have an SUV) and possibly breaking in to steal them I live in one of the worst car theft towns in the country... so the thought has crossed my mind. Glad you were okay though!
Ugh that is awful to worry about.

I had actually heard a story a while back about some guy who found some rare toy in a store, hidden. He obviously grabbed it because he wanted it, and didn't want it going to the scalper that hid it. Guy goes out into the parking lot after paying and some creepy guy followed him out there.. who lo and behold was the scalper that hid the item. Guy starts an argument and started beating on this innocent person who in turn defends himself.

The guy who simply bought a toy, for his own enjoyment, ended up getting sent to jail for fighting back and defending himself. While the scalper ran off. It honestly makes me all freaked out when my fiance or I find a rare toy that some crap like that might happen :<. Especially when I know for a fact there are scalpers in this area, as I've seen a father/son (of... typical 'forever alone' stereotype looks, as it were) team at our TRU just throwing rare, upon rare, upon rare action figure into their cart. Like, Supermarket Sweep style. It sickens me so much.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #451 on: July 28, 2012, 09:49:01 AM »
Yikes! I hope monster high aren't that much srz bzns around here... I never find anything on the shelf though so hopefully I'm safe.

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #452 on: July 28, 2012, 10:08:59 AM »
well my friends husband (who works at target and helped me get some dolls) flat out told me he has a customer call every single morning asking about dolls, and that she's flat out said she will relist them on ebay to make a profit (for example the ST she said were selling for $100 a doll, clearly she doesn't know how to look up ended auctions) and that every morning he asks her, did you call yesterday and she says "no" so I know we have them in the area... but I'm less worried about a confrontation then I am someone breaking into my car... But the things people will do for money, make me REALLY sad....

I talked to a worker at TRU yesterday about how the MH dolls were selling and he said that when they get them they hit the floor and are gone by the end of the day, they can't keep them in stock (or at least the new dolls, I found about 6 rochelle's there yesterday)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 28, 2012, 10:13:42 AM »
YAY! I'm getting Venus and Robecca from a lovely member on here! So excited to receive them, they're going to the stars on my shelf! Xx

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 28, 2012, 10:37:29 AM »
I worry about people breaking out the windows on my car, to steal my MH too!  I've got a very small sports car, with a trunk that holds the convertible top, and nothing else >_<

I think if someone asked me for the doll I walking around the store with, I'd probably give in.  I'm a whimp like that.  Plus, I tend to think other people are in greater need than I am.  Although, I usually don't give anyone a shot:)  As soon as I have the doll I want in my hand, I practically run to the checkout :lol:  I think I shop at odd hours, too.  I'm usually all by myself down the toy aisles, and if there is anyone else there, I'll let them have first pick, so I can shop alone.

The only "interaction" I had with someone was when DotD wave 2 was one the shelf.  A woman was hovering the MH section on her cell phone, wasting my time.  She picked up a Lagoona, and put it back and moved down the aisle a bit.  I thought she was finished, so I picked up Lagonna and looked at her.  I wasn't impressed with her face-up and put her down to think about it.  As soon as I let go she reached in front of me, and took her.  Little did I know, it would be the first and last time I ever saw DotD 2 in stores:(
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 28, 2012, 10:46:52 AM »
I worry about people breaking out the windows on my car, to steal my MH too!  I've got a very small sports car, with a trunk that holds the convertible top, and nothing else >_<

I think if someone asked me for the doll I walking around the store with, I'd probably give in.  I'm a whimp like that.  Plus, I tend to think other people are in greater need than I am.  Although, I usually don't give anyone a shot:)  As soon as I have the doll I want in my hand, I practically run to the checkout :lol:  I think I shop at odd hours, too.  I'm usually all by myself down the toy aisles, and if there is anyone else there, I'll let them have first pick, so I can shop alone.

The only "interaction" I had with someone was when DotD wave 2 was one the shelf.  A woman was hovering the MH section on her cell phone, wasting my time.  She picked up a Lagoona, and put it back and moved down the aisle a bit.  I thought she was finished, so I picked up Lagonna and looked at her.  I wasn't impressed with her face-up and put her down to think about it.  As soon as I let go she reached in front of me, and took her.  Little did I know, it would be the first and last time I ever saw DotD 2 in stores:(

Man that sucks! I understand your frustation! Thank goodness I never really was seriously into MH until decemberish, I was and funnily enough am still only interested in one of the characters I like- as for lagoona I picked MS and have DOTD stock for her and love her- after all, I wouldn't want more than one lagoona fighting for my Gil! XD

Post Merge: July 28, 2012, 10:48:20 AM

But that does exclude clawdeen- I need every Clawdeen I can get my hands on so I can rename them and pack them part of my wolf pack (I must have one of every version!!) !! XD

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #456 on: July 28, 2012, 10:56:38 AM »
glad to know I'm not alone... too bad 2 out of my 4 vehicles are suvs, and the other one that is currently running, the trunk get's stuck lol so I don't often use it... guess I should just drive home after every monster high purchase :P

I had a lady grab a GR that I needed, but I wasn't terribly sad since I've seen them since... had she grabbed the wolf sister 2 pack I went to the store for, I might have pushed her over, grabbed it and ran to check out lol.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 28, 2012, 11:16:59 AM »
I have the opposite problem; no scalpers to worry about but have a hard time getting *to* the stores :P (I live on an island)

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 28, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »
If I can't use a trunk, I usually bring a blanket or jacket, put the stuff on the floor, and cover it.  In my mind, that helps deter people that would break in if they could see what was under there lol.

I haven't seen any of the new dolls AT ALL.  It's depressing T.T  I've looked at maybe 5 targets, 2 TRUs, and some walmarts lol.  Signature dolls, but no Venus/Robecca, a few RM, and one TRU up north had 2 of the DDG.  No ST, no GR, no exclusives (I really want the ghoulia that comes with the scooter T.T), no new CAMs.  One target did have the SS 5 pack, tho.  But nothing on my must have list :/

I guess that's good anyway, I have no money lol.  Maybe they're waiting til I do XD

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 28, 2012, 11:49:48 AM »
Wow what the heck... I'm glad it's not like that in germany. oo;
There's always plenty of dolls on the shelf and for quite a while, too.. if.. yeah, IF we get a shipment in. Haha. We get no MH exclusives, too. :P

But wtf about the guy going to jail for self-defense.. isn't self defense exempt from punishment? I know here it is. So he could/should have sued the scalper attacking him in the first place.. over a toy.
What a sad story, really. :(

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 28, 2012, 11:50:36 AM »
All I saw today was a ton of Rerelease Signature Draculaura's, Rerelease SO Frankie, a few 1600 Clawdeens, Sweet 1600 Frankie, lots of double torso CaM, and 2 SS Draculauras - in other words, nothing D:
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 28, 2012, 12:29:52 PM »
So... I have a strange doll problem that I wanted to bring to the board. I recently bought a Fearleading Ghoulia to discover that the pink part of her sock has been painted on rather than sewn as different coloured thread. Was this common to her release? The only reason why I question it is that the paint melted all over poor Ghoulia's leg (fortunately it seems to wash off well), and that seems like a pretty dumb design flaw! Has anyone else had this problem? And has anyone had luck washing the paint out of the sock?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #462 on: July 28, 2012, 12:51:07 PM »
I believe the socks are all painted, at least mine is. It's a shame yours bled though, I suspect that's a climate thing. I'm glad it washes off easily though.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 28, 2012, 01:41:32 PM »
Going to restate my plea for a DT Abbey! I have paypal and can pay right away!

So, went to Walmart today, and was super disappointed to find most of the toy shelves devoid of anything interesting. I really didn;t want to leave with nothing in my hands after having walked to the mall and then got on a bus and transfered onto another just to get there, so I left with Adam Lambert's new cd and a hanging head. Not in the greatest mood right now. ;.;

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 28, 2012, 02:12:01 PM »
Going to restate my plea for a DT Abbey! I have paypal and can pay right away!

So, went to Walmart today, and was super disappointed to find most of the toy shelves devoid of anything interesting. I really didn;t want to leave with nothing in my hands after having walked to the mall and then got on a bus and transfered onto another just to get there, so I left with Adam Lambert's new cd and a hanging head. Not in the greatest mood right now. ;.;

Aww! But that CD is great!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal